Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Did I just enter the FSX forums?

With MS backing, on release, I really thought this sim would be highly polished with a few rough edges.

Seems reversed; highly rough edged with bits that are highly polished.

Stutters, blurry, traffic, ATC, landmarks, weather, frame rate, controls, tweaking;  the complaints so familiar it hurts.

Calgon, take me away.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Best graphics ever, good ATC, beautiful landmarks in my home town and world wide in the base game, stable 30 FPS in 4k Ultra, perfectly working controls (VKB GF MK3, Thrustmaster rudder, Saitek Throttle perfectly playing together)

The tweaking was well worth it 🙂

Edited by Gomoto
  • Like 12

"The more things change, the more they stay the same" has never been more true. It does at times seem like MS has created a time machine.

• Like 5

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

It is highly polished. Every single person here who has even the slightest complaint is posting them. You've been around long enough to appreciate what is really going on. Those who are having no trouble are too busy simming with the best sim ever to post.

I really don't see how your post is helpful. Seems very troll-like in fact. Especially the click-bait title. 

Edited by SeanMo
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 3

I'm loving what I'm seeing but it would be nice if I had the extra compass that FSX had in the top left hand corner cockpit view. Have to go to the exterior view to get that. We need an option to toggle it on and off in cockpit view. That's my major complaint. Everything else is just minor annoyances that come with new releases.

In X-Plane it took countless hours, countless downloads of dependencies and plugins, Ortho, countless dollars for add-ons, countless hours cursing at the stupidity that is Scenery_Packs.ini and countless rises in blood pressure to achieve what MSFS 2020 achieves out of the box.

Yeah. I'm good. I have an out of the box sim I do not instantly feel the need to start throwing my cash and time around to do what I want to do and see.  While it has it's teething annoyances it's so many steps up I don't understand how anyone has a grudge already

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Despite the MANY rough edges, I’ve gotta say that this is the most fun I’ve had with a flight sim since probably Flight Unlimited 2.

• Like 10

Chris

37 minutes ago, VeryBumpy said:

Stutters, blurry, traffic, ATC, landmarks, weather, frame rate, controls, tweaking;  the complaints so familiar it hurts.

Calgon, take me away.

Bubble Bath sold separately

• Like 1

Barry Friedman

33 minutes ago, Gomoto said:

good ATC

Do you have another version than I have? The ATC is a joke.

• Like 5

Hans

2 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

With MS backing, on release, I really thought this sim would be highly polished with a few rough edges.

Seems reversed; highly rough edged with bits that are highly polished.

Calgon, take me away.

This is no where near FSX.  FSX to me was the worst version ever released concerning how the developers missed the mark on hardware.  It wasn't designed to run on anything released after it.  Tweaks to no end allowed people to use it.  At some point natural hardware progression and nothing else comparable to some allowed it to live so long until P3D.  FS2020 is your typical great release where new software is going to have issues.  Some people complaining weren't around when FSX was released so they don't know 'bad'...  Airliners and/or long haulers have an issue, trying to download the sim over slow WiFi connection is an issue (much less use it under those circumstances), and some having problems optimizing their hardware.  Outside of that this is an amazing release and a leap forward no one saw coming, totally not FSX...

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I’m extremely happy, having a blast with it, people like to pick it apart and complain. Not gonna lie, my first couple tries with the sim were rough-ish - but definitely not bad, but then I took my time, set my bindings, sensitivities, graphics, etc. And it’s working wonderfully. People even going as far as complaining about having to bind their own controls to their hardware IE ch yoke...Seriously???? It took me all of the 10 minutes to get my ch yoke binded to a good base including my pedals lol. If users are complain about having to bind their own hardware then it stands no chance from those users as a positive experience.  Yes the DEFAULT aircraft can be better, but heck, even when PMDG released their NGXU for P3D, there were complaints left right and center. 

I have it set up nicely with controls, it’s running great, did a tour of New York City, then went to rio, Then a little spin in Italy and finally a night tour of Toronto and I can honestly say I’m more than fully ready to say goodbye to an old friend.

Edited by flyinpilot212121
Typo - Typing on IPhone is rough sometimes
  • Like 3

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel.