Sign in to follow this  
SirDan

Very Important !!! Patch , Custom Liveries / Scenery

Just now, MikeT707 said:

I have been modifying flight_model files for some of the default aircraft. From your post I am gathering that I could and should have done any file modifications in the Community folder. If someone is wanting to make changes to an existing file like a flight_model file, what is the recommended way to do this by not modifying Official files.

I need to learn this too, I had to make my mods for the CJ4 in the Official folder. But I think we can use the package tool in the SDK to do this, just haven't learned how yet. I need to look at the livery pack and also the A320NX project github to see how they handled these through the community folder as additions/modifications to default aircraft.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

13 minutes ago, MikeT707 said:

I have been modifying flight_model files for some of the default aircraft. From your post I am gathering that I could and should have done any file modifications in the Community folder. If someone is wanting to make changes to an existing file like a flight_model file, what is the recommended way to do this by not modifying Official files.

8 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

I need to learn this too, I had to make my mods for the CJ4 in the Official folder. But I think we can use the package tool in the SDK to do this, just haven't learned how yet. I need to look at the livery pack and also the A320NX project github to see how they handled these through the community folder as additions/modifications to default aircraft.

+1

I'd like to know that as well. 

Given how the sim is structured, and how addons are intended to be used, I don’t see any reason why an update would even touch the community folder.  By all means backing up files is always a good move, but I would file this advice under paranoid conjecture rather than solid consumer advice unless we hear differently from official sources.

if you have modded files directly in the official folder, those are going to be blitzed most likely, so that is a solid reason to not do that.

• Like 6

Just now, ShawnG said:

Given how the sim is structured, and how addons are intended to be used, I don’t see any reason why an update would even touch the community folder.  By all means backing up files is always a good move, but I would file this advice under paranoid conjecture rather than solid consumer advice unless we hear differently from official sources.

if you have modded files directly in the official folder, those are going to be blitzed most likely, so that is a solid reason to not do that.

This ^^^^

• Upvote 1

Chris Camp

I don't have permission to move files from Community folder.  Can anyone help?

Lynchie

There's been an update to the MFS forum thread mentioned earlier from the Community Manager stating the patch will not be released tomorrow but the development update will give its release date.

Give people power to really test their personality.

Unless they are just lying, that Discord poster is probably getting their information from Microsoft support, since this is how the post begins.