Sign in to follow this  
SirDan

Very Important !!! Patch , Custom Liveries / Scenery

vLegion_Today at 2:23 AM
According to support the next Patch be announced on the 27th, this can already be seen in-game with the core content pack ready and waiting in the Content Manager. The Pack will not install yet because the game itself needs to be update first before it will take the update pack so wait until the patch drops. Yes it will be a huge download again. Time when the patch will drop is not know yet.

Also VERY IMPORTANT! If you use custom Liveries or Custom made scenery, best thing to do is before installing the patch and the core content pack move all your custom content such as custom liveries, custom scenery, mods etc from your community folder to a temp folder. For Example. Move the entire Community folder to your desktop so you have a current copy, then we will announce after the update if any changes are required to the json or cfg files and at which point we will  announce the changes that you need.

Content bought from the Marketplace can stay. Also if you modified official files in the official folder then I suggest changing that back to default, never smart to modify official files anyway that is what the community folder is for.
Reason for doing this is that the content manager download might either get corrupted or not install at all.

After install make sure to see if anything was changed in the official files, this means having to go through all your liveries again because custom liveries make use of a copy of the Aircraft.cfg so if the official one changed and you don't change it in your livery folder then it will overwrite the new update Asobo file.

After you done all that you can put things back, in regards to scenery make sure to check if Asobo didn't add that Airport or other fixes that were made.

Happy Flying

This is from a non official / not so official  discord . If you want the discord info just PM happy to share it!

something about laws and Liveries , so they had to make a not so official discord for creating Liveries for MSFS 2020

::Human aggregation of Hype since 2020

Edited by SirDan
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 2

Good news.  MS also confirmed that the Simconnect stutter bug is fixed in this patch.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MarkSC said:

Good news.  MS also confirmed that the Simconnect stutter bug is fixed in this patch.

Wut !!! Big if true !!! 

Thanks, very useful info!

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

8 minutes ago, SirDan said:

Move the entire Community folder to your desktop so you have a current copy

This is great advice and I've actually already setup a regular backup of the Community folder. One of the under-appreciated aspects of this sim, so far, is that everything we add to it goes in one single folder, rather than dropping effects here, sounds there, simobjects here, scenery there, add-on.xml here, etc etc etc. Everything is in one folder, so just setup a regular backup of this folder so it can be easily restored whenever needed.

You make a great point, though, about Community content that amends Official content - you're right, that probably needs to be tracked separately so that any dependencies can be updated after a sim update.

Thanks for posting this! Great info!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Maybe I am overly optimistic.  Post 169 here is the official statement on the Simconnect patch. It was written two days ago, so I assume it will be included in the first patch. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/simconnect-stutter/162526/169

Here is the source for the patch announcement: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/patch-incoming-on-the-27-exact-time-unknown-follow-instructions-if-you-use-liveries-and-custom-scenery/214475/2

It has not been confirmed as yet by Asobo, as they say only that they will announce the patch release date tomorrow.

Edited by MarkSC

Great news regarding the Simconnect stutter!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Interestingly, when I go into content manager the first item "core content" says "relaunch the game to update".  But I closed and reopened MSFS and nothing happened (and that item still says "relaunch...").

I noticed this core content patch earlier today and was wondering what it was about, thanks for the information. A bit disappointing that it will be yet another big download via the awful client, so hopefully the patch will come with some good improvements. After all the current build is almost two weeks old now.

22 minutes ago, ELaw said:

Interestingly, when I go into content manager the first item "core content" says "relaunch the game to update".  But I closed and reopened MSFS and nothing happened (and that item still says "relaunch...").

This is there always, since the beginning. Not a sign of a patch.

In general, to everybody (and to avoid the over-excitement which is spreading in the official forums): The only known thing we really know officially is still that on August 27th we will get news about a possible patch date --  nothing more.

• Like 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir