Sign in to follow this  
Schorle

Big FPS boost on my system doing this

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Really! never know that trick will disable it, thank you. Were in option is that to disable it?

Its in the in game menu at the top....the little white drop down where you can change the weather , etc on the fly...just select the spokewheel and disable as many icons in that menu as you want. The VFR map is one of them. I tested it out and sitting at KLAX I was at 38 FPS. disabled...43 FPS. Enabled again...38 FPS. Disabled again..43 FPS. 

9 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

So this is adaptive to your current fps

essentially yes...technically its adaptive to an overall average of your fps over time.

9 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

there is no way to lock the 2d display refresh rate?

I dont think we know the answer to that yet, but as of right now we dont have a way to specify it (ala PMDG).

Edited by hangar
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bilal2104 said:

Anybody else screen goes black on the NEO after the tweak?

got no gauges, all black screens NO pfd or nd

Restore the backup. I bet you accidentally deleted an essential line or missed a bracket.

2 minutes ago, atlflyer said:

Its in the in game menu at the top....the little white drop down where you can change the weather , etc on the fly...just select the spokewheel and disable as many icons in that menu as you want. The VFR map is one of them. I tested it out and sitting at KLAX I was at 38 FPS. disabled...43 FPS. Enabled again...38 FPS. Disabled again..43 FPS. 

Yep done it a straight +5 FPS fantastic boost from 44 to 49 BOOM!

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Backed up original files did a straight copy of the mode into 

D:\MSFS 2020\Official\OneStore\asobo-vcockpits-instruments\html_ui\Pages\VCockpit\Instruments\Shared

15 FPS boost BUT the G1000 in the 172 where blacked out and not working, any ideas?

Restored back ups and all is fine.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

28 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Backed up original files did a straight copy of the mode into 

D:\MSFS 2020\Official\OneStore\asobo-vcockpits-instruments\html_ui\Pages\VCockpit\Instruments\Shared

15 FPS boost BUT the G1000 in the 172 where blacked out and not working, any ideas?

Restored back ups and all is fine.

same for me even though i did it correct , all gauges are gone

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Yep done it a straight +5 FPS fantastic boost from 44 to 49 BOOM!

Good to go! Sometimes its the small things that make a difference! 5 FPS is alot when youre in the low 40s! Thats over a 10% increase! 

6 hours ago, atlflyer said:

personally, I would rather have smoother instruments. In low FPS situations, with the default config, the instruments still move in very fluid fashion. If you want about 5 FPS, disable the VFR map. That really does eat up about 5 FPS even if its not open. Get rid of that. 

That's a great tip, realy saves about 5 FPS

Thanks.

10 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Thanks for the tweak! I just implemented it in my sim, and on my 100mhz screen I set it to 4 and got great results. The screens aren't lagging too much, and the overall fps is better. 

Hi there. What did you set to 4? Mind to clarify please? I am trying to figure how it works. I added the section to the file this.frameCount % 3, but I see in the zip file offered here there are two options where it show %3 and %2. Which one is the good one, or it depends? 

Also, do I have to change anything in the sim settings? Thanks 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

5 hours ago, odourboy said:

Do I need a customized layout.json or manifest.json to have this work?

There are two root files absolutely necessary for all customized 'stuff.' 

layout.json = this file provides the path to the custom BaseInstrument.js file

{
    "content": [
        {
            "path": "html_ui/Pages/VCockpit/Instruments/Shared/BaseInstrument.js",
            "size": 15657,
            "date": "132402817714110148"
        }
    ]
}

manifest.json = describes the dependencies and other information required

{
  "dependencies": [
    {
      "name": "asobo-vcockpits-core",
      "package_version": "0.1.12"
    }
  ],
  "content_type": "CORE",
  "title": "",
  "manufacturer": "",
  "creator": "community fix",
  "package_version": "0.1.39",
  "minimum_game_version": "1.7.12",
  "release_notes": {
    "neutral": {
      "LastUpdate": "",
      "OlderHistory": ""
    }
  },
  "total_package_size": "0000000000000015657"
}

This is the complete folder tree for this custom .js file:

GmNGJ.png

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

57 minutes ago, skysurfer said:

Hi there. What did you set to 4? Mind to clarify please? I am trying to figure how it works. I added the section to the file this.frameCount % 3, but I see in the zip file offered here there are two options where it show %3 and %2. Which one is the good one, or it depends? 

Also, do I have to change anything in the sim settings? Thanks 

Its the first number value that I changed to 4. However, it seems this value is a bit sensitive to the various airplanes, and I'm already seeing that 4 isn't viable on many airplanes because it will get too stuttery. Im experimenting now with 3 and 2. 

You dont have to change anything in the sim.

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Thanks. I have tried all values (2, 3 and 4). I see no fps boost at all. I was in MSFS forum it might be because of my i9900k CPU. Usually people with less powerful CPU see the effect. 

• Like 1

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

I use RivaTuner