Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

MSFS Update

is installing right now automatically. Anyone else?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

No, it was different. After the usual "checking for update" screen, Content Manager opened automatically and I saw Asobo titel downloading and verifying. Took only some minutes. Never had this before.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Could be a fix for the issues some people were experiencing with some of the premium stuff and the Carenado 182

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

No, it was different. After the usual "checking for update" screen, Content Manager opened automatically and I saw Asobo titel downloading and verifying. Took only some minutes. Never had this before.

Interesting! maybe i will try again in a few hours

Just now, Chock said:

Could be a fix for the issues some people were experiencing with some of the premium stuff and the Carenado 182

You may be right, because I have the Carenedo 182 and the update session was pretty short.

- Harry 

I wish people would stop posting pointless threads like these. 

Not only is this the second time something like this is posted and turns out to be a false alarm, it is also completely useless information, because any official update will be done automatically anyway whenever one fires up their simulator.

So I don't see the point of a heads up. The program itself will give you one, when it is time.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Quite sure it is not updates. More than likely, Some have lost the content and it is reinstalling it. Happened to myself and many others..

Edited by Adrian123

Not here. Just loaded the sim after my "flip flop" refund/rebuy" and it went straight to the main menu screen (I had left all the MS/Asobo files alone where they were, so only the Steam element reinstalled).

No update here, I've got the Premium Deluxe version of MSFS.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I kind of have the converse issue; every single time I load up the game (except maybe once or twice), the "check updates" screen says it needs to download an update, and it downloads exactly 30.41 MiB. Every single time. I've turned in a bug report as I believe there's a glitch somewhere prompting my copy of MSFS2020 to think it needs to download 30.41 MiB over and over again.

PC Specs: Intel i5-7500, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1660 6GB GPU, 1TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2, 1TB spinning rust HD (via SATA), 3TB spinning rust HD (via USB), Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Attack 3 Joystick

FSX: SE | MSFS2020