Sign in to follow this  
Guest babua

Will the next person please introduce himself/herself.....lol.....

I AM finding this whole FSX beef and/or entertainment fest quite amusing. Why?Here's why, lol.....we all go out and buy a $79.00 program...and not soon after we get home...ALL OF US....are whipping out the plastic towards pre-Christmas meltdown....spending hundreds of dollars to get that $79.00 FSX vunderbar to the point it will suspend disbelief (30 plus frames...) with all the sliders going 'West'. Gawd, we are all F.S. junkies!I just ordered $257.99 more in RAM modules (2 GB) just because I want to pump a few more FPS. Next, it will be an XT1950XTX 512 meg. I wonder if all this could be tax deductible when in the throes of divorce proceedings??!? Hmmmm.........I'd think that most other 'gamers' (I wince at that word when referencing flight simulation...) would think we'd need deep emotional counseling, for all the POST FSX RELEASE DATE systems being bought, and upgrades in situ...and ALL for one program, ROTFLMBO! I DO include myself in this.....jeez......lol.(I stand up...and clear my throat) "Hello, my name is Mitch, and I am a Flight Simulation simo-holic...."."Hello Mitch, welcome to the circle...now please take a seat and let the next guy/gal introduce himself/herself....." Ya have to maintain a sense of humor in all of this......whew....Cheers!Mitch R.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My name is James Gallagher, and I'm also a flightsim junkie!/sits back downJames

>Next, it will be an XT1950XTX>512 meg. Don't do it, don't do it! That's one expensive DX9 card! Wait for the DX10 cards unless you want to be spending as much again next year :D

What a breath of fresh air you are, Mitch :)Say what you like about the good Capt'n, but I'm sure many of us older LAGS ( ladies and gentlemen ;) ) miss those days of spirited and humorous banter between individuals such as yourself.Best regards,Mike

ROTFLMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!Thumb's up!:)(Mitch gets down, spreads a line of FPS...and snorts.....)LOLOLOLOLOL....Mitch R.

Hi,I'm an ecconomically challenged college student, so just buying this sim was hard enough for me. And my only computer is a Pentium M 1.86Ghz laptop, which means that I'm stuck with my RADEON X600 128MB graphics card. I was led to Avsim when I was in search of FSX tweaks, as I wanted to get my FPS out of the single digits. But now I'm enjoying this sim, and getting ok frame rates, even with pretty high graphic settings, thanks to many of the suggestions that I found here. I've been a girl gamer for many years, but I'm not much of a simmer yet, so I'm slowly working my way through the missions, trying to figure out how to fly this beast.~ Arwen ~

Paul, my hand is shaking upon my wallet....I feel it lifting out of my pocket...the other hand reaching for the phone....."ATI...can ya help a guy out...."...Have you been assigned to me via the buddy system?!?;)Perhaps we can help each other overcome this dire addiction!!! I'll promise not to call you at three o'clock in the morning, looking for some FPS.....Mitch'er

Mike, feel free to add a few laughs! Man..could this forum use some!By the way..did you hear the one about.....Cheers!Mitch

Finally a thread that made me laugh, thank you, it ashame the good old days of friendly banter are gone, but hopefully they'll be back.Ian.

Hey Mitch, don't despair!Ignore those poor misguided souls, I've got some good FPS over here...very pure and guaranteed to keep that addiction boiling for some time to come....zipideedoodazipideeday........ Cheers!Mike :-halo

You are MOST welcome here, Arwen! Here's a party hat...it's about time all of us threw a party.........and just FLY....the sim, the each of us....either smooth, shaking, jerky, about to crash, about to land,...hey how about just for fun....The hardware will catch up. The fun can start NOW!:)We hope you stick around.Mitch R.

You crack me up!Ten FOUR!LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!Have a great day, Mike. I intend to!Mitch'er

Oh dear God thank you! Finally, a thread with a bunch of sane people in it.Okay, maybe not sane, but at least you all have a sense of humor about this whole thing....Cheers!GG

>I wonder if all this could be tax deductible when in>the throes of divorce proceedings??!? Hmmmm....Take my word for it, no....My name's Andy and I'm an alcoholic....Sorry, wrong forum. ;)

My name is Asim Daffa, and I'm a shisha-holic, if that's of any relevance!! :-lolNice thread you got here, Mitch. :-hah :)Regards,

"Hello, my name is CanadaOne and I am a flightsim-aholic."I just traded in 2x512 RAM plus a chunk o'change for 2x1024. I wanted it anyway, but my prime motivation was to improve FSX.On the other hand I don't go to bars and I only drink one or two beer a night, so I figure I'm just spending my unused portion of booze money on flightsims.

Hi, I'm Dupo, and I'm addicted to the computer. My wife has sued FSX and Nascar Racing 2003 on the grounds that these pieces of software has been "Detrimental to the sacrement of Marriage."Now If I can get some of that settlement money to build a rig to play FSX on, that'd be great!

They call me Bruce. But I don't answer them.:) Great post Mitch.

Hi, I'm Tony and have had the same problem since the early 80's and it has not got any better. I have two folders (real ones)full of bills of all the stuff I paid for since this all started and I told my wife "when I die just look in there and see where all my retired Air Force checks went". At age 77 I know the end is near and I hope the guy upstairs gives me a pass.See you all on the other side with my own wings !!!!

Hi, my name is Will and I to am a FS junkie! This FSX thing is a mess, thanks for the laugh!

** Stands up **My name is Andy and I am a Flight-Simo-Holic!There I did it!I've been playing these simulators really since the very early one's in the mid-80's, it's always fun to look back at screenshots from the older games and marvel at just how far Flight Simulator has come, and remember how with every single version we were like 'wow' it's amazing! LOL. If that isn't an addiction I don't know what is.Ironically, I always had people at work trying to get me into things like WoW (World of Worcraft), and I always said, no --- I'd get too into them and get too addicted....what I really meant was, I already have an addiction that takes a lot of my spare time!!! heheThanks Mitch for a great and refreshing thread, and for the humor!

>>I wonder if all this could be tax deductible when in>>the throes of divorce proceedings??!? Hmmmm....>>Take my word for it, no....>>My name's Andy and I'm an alcoholic....>>Sorry, wrong forum. ;)LOL, too funny!!Taxiing down the tarmac, the jetliner abruptly stopped, turned around and returned to the gate.After an hour-long wait, it finally took off.A concerned passenger asked the flight attendant, "What was the problem?""The pilot was bothered by a noise he heard in the engine," explained the Flight Attendant, ".....and it took us a while to find a new pilot." :-) Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

I probably qualify as an FS Junkie. But I'm better off than some of you (I'm in denial, hehe), I don't spend hundreds of $$ on add-ons.At least for now, my wallet is fully closed and my hand is not going there for any upgrades. I guess I have control. :) Yes, that's right. I have control. Can't you tell?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

*stands up*Hi all, I'm Justin - I usually go by the nick The_Pharoah coz I couldn't be bothered registering as anything else. I live/work in Bris, Aust and am a flight sim-a holic. Actually my wife accused me of being 'addicted to my computer' but I disagre...err...well...sorta. Anywho, I'm a big fan of FS. My specs are:AMD24001gig RAM128mb 6600GT GeForcemobo not worth mentioningIf I'm lucky I get 15fps otherwise 10fps on landing. I fly mainly in Aust because I know it so well or otherwise Fiji (from there originally).Pleased to meet y'all. :)