Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

My biggest problem with AI airplanes!

Boy, they are taking their time to get off active runway. It's especially noticeable in busy airpots! Yesterday I was landing in KSFO and witnessed AI airplane literally crawling on runway 28L skipping one exit  after another. And forcing ATC to issue  "go around" to several aircraft AI!

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

It's quite obvious that AI traffic needs a huge revamp. I wonder if a TPD package can replace completely the native AI with a new traffic engine. But this will take time to develop. Quite disappointing that MS could not put much love into AI traffic which is a huge immersion enhacer

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Desaix said:

It's quite obvious that AI traffic needs a huge revamp. I wonder if a TPD package can replace completely the native AI with a new traffic engine. But this will take time to develop. Quite disappointing that MS could not put much love into AI traffic which is a huge immersion enhacer

It's still the best out-of-the-box traffic ever.

• Like 3

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Boy, they are taking their time to get off active runway. It's especially noticeable in busy airpots! Yesterday I was landing in KSFO and witnessed AI airplane literally crawling on runway 28L skipping one exit  after another. And forcing ATC to issue  "go around" to several aircraft AI!

It was a big problem in FSX also, especially when using Ultimate Traffic program, but there was a little program, name I can't remember, maybe in traffictoolbox, where you could set the AI traffic speeds. When put together with the editvoicepack program which sped up the incredibly slow traffic control speech, it was a great improvement. We can only hope that eventually little programs like these will be available for MSFS.

• Like 1

I see the same weird things happening as with FSX AI. Airplanes leaving the gate turning circles for ever, planes crashing and disappearing when landing, constant go-arounds, etc. Looks like they just ported it over. Hope Asobo will give it their love as they proved to have a great eye for detail and realism. That and the ATC.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

no real improvement from FSX is it

poor Landing animation (flare etc), slow taxi speed as mentioned, either missing runway exits or going past and then doing a U turn when carrying on is an option.

Real world traffic vanishing at Gates - looks a direct port from FSX imo.

They should fix this and not leave it to 3rd party devs

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

"Generic 666, exit runway when able.  < 3 second pause > Generic 666, exit next taxiway. < 3 second pause > < repeat ad infinitum >" 

Hey, they do it to me, why not the AI? 😄

Maybe I should turn AI on.  Why let everyone else have all the fun?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

man, can you imagine a plugin like TrafficGlobal for XPlane.. that would be so nice, one click and airports and sky's are populated with real world liveries.  One can dream...

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

I’m assuming a big part of the issue is it being live traffic, and the pilots are turning off the transponder after landing.

1 hour ago, Mike S KPDX said:

man, can you imagine a plugin like TrafficGlobal for XPlane.. that would be so nice, one click and airports and sky's are populated with real world liveries.  One can dream...

Edited by Adrian123

5 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

man, can you imagine a plugin like TrafficGlobal for XPlane

I'm not going to fugly up my MSFS like TG did with P3d. I'll prefer to keep the default AI and wait for freeware which will most likely be sooner than having to pay for a traffic addon.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS