Sign in to follow this  
UKflyer

A320 mod version 0.2.0 released

Sorry if this is a silly question... As I'm new to flight sim the default aircraft at this point in time suits me just fine but if I decide to use this modded version will it override the default aircraft? 

Secondly, is the install just simple drag and drop into the community folder? 

Thanks again! 

7 minutes ago, Flight_Bandit_ said:

Sorry if this is a silly question... As I'm new to flight sim the default aircraft at this point in time suits me just fine but if I decide to use this modded version will it override the default aircraft? 

Secondly, is the install just simple drag and drop into the community folder? 

Thanks again! 

Just drop it in the Community folder.  Also yes, this is a mod to the stock aircraft so it doesn't "overwrite" it but the changes do modify it.  Since it's a mod but not an "overwrite" though if you don't like them, just remove it from the community folder and bone stock functionality is restored.  I'm really liking these aspects of adding stuff to the sim vs FSX style.

30 minutes ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

I can’t seem to display the instrument panels as part of pre flight take off. Any ideas?!

If you mean the displays are blank, it's because you need to turn the brightness up on all of them.  There are two knobs on each side of the cockpit for the PFD and "Map" display (forgot the name) and two near the FMCDU for the ECAM pages.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Outstanding. 👍

With continuing improvements looks like there will be no need for any Aerosoft A320 🤔

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Matthew S

49 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Just drop it in the Community folder.  Also yes, this is a mod to the stock aircraft so it doesn't "overwrite" it but the changes do modify it.  Since it's a mod but not an "overwrite" though if you don't like them, just remove it from the community folder and bone stock functionality is restored.  I'm really liking these aspects of adding stuff to the sim vs FSX style.

If you mean the displays are blank, it's because you need to turn the brightness up on all of them.  There are two knobs on each side of the cockpit for the PFD and "Map" display (forgot the name) and two near the FMCDU for the ECAM pages.

Thank you very much! 

As mentioned I'm very new to flight sim so I basically create my flight plan into flight creation page without having to input any data into MCDU. 

Will this still be possible with the mod or is alot more manual in terms of setup? 

Thanks again 

Edited by Flight_Bandit_

After installing this, I'm not getting the ILS magenta diamonds on the PFD. I have to change to LOC mode on the NAV display to use the ILS.

This works on the default PFD.

27 minutes ago, knight01 said:

After installing this, I'm not getting the ILS magenta diamonds on the PFD. I have to change to LOC mode on the NAV display to use the ILS.

This works on the default PFD.

You need to push the LS button (next to the flight director button). Is it on?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flight_Bandit_ said:

Thank you very much! 

As mentioned I'm very new to flight sim so I basically create my flight plan into flight creation page without having to input any data into MCDU. 

Will this still be possible with the mod or is alot more manual in terms of setup? 

Thanks again 

Absolutely.  I create my plan in the creation page all the time.  I figure why put it in manually when I can make it easier on myself.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

6 hours ago, flyinion said:

Thank you, I thought it was something like this actually. I shall try again. 

Thank you very much to the folks that have provided some links to videos about controlling the A320, very much appreciated. Great to hear that the checklist is updated too.

CJ

I'm sat on the ground here at Marrakech, fantastic add on..

I've got all the screens up and have powered up, yet the numbers on the autopilot panel, I just cannot get them to show up.  Is there a switch I'm missing?

One thing that I found with the checklist was that it does not link to most of the switches. As an extreme example if you set it to auto complete then most of the switches are not flipped. Hopefully this will be addressed.

CJ

5 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

I'm sat on the ground here at Marrakech, fantastic add on..

I've got all the screens up and have powered up, yet the numbers on the autopilot panel, I just cannot get them to show up.  Is there a switch I'm missing?

Turn up the brightness on the knobs below the autopilot panel 🙂

pSXzl54.png

Just now, UKflyer said:

Turn up the brightness on the knobs below the autopilot panel 🙂

pSXzl54.png

They are well hidden! 

Thanks so much

9 hours ago, ShawnG said:

You need to push the LS button (next to the flight director button). Is it on?

It is selected. But strange thing is, it works sometimes and sometimes not. The arrival and the runway is programmed in the MCDU and also tried manually adding the runway ils frequency.

Edited by knight01

27 minutes ago, knight01 said:

It is selected. But strange thing is, it works sometimes and sometimes not. The arrival and the runway is programmed in the MCDU and also tried manually adding the runway ils frequency.

The A320 Sim Pilot channel noticed this as a bug a couple weeks ago. He said it randomly will do this and you need to set that knot to LS and use that display instead when it happens and fails to show the diamonds on the PFD. Its a problem with the default aircraft which this mod essentially is just. It’s just adding functionality to the default aircraft.