A time of thinking, Dome light on.

Early with the Strobes.

See And Be Seen - and all that.

As, we make our way to the Runway. . .

Those blues turn to whites and venture to infinity,

Push the throttle in, lean her a little,

Get ready for the big sky.

A tickle of the trim up a little more,

A mental scan around for the Before Takeoff. . .

Firewall the throttle. . .

In to the big sky

Again.

Where you belong.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

ground is too dark under clouds. The trees are too green. Sky is too blue 🤣

But to be fair I think a lot of this is due to monitor settings and capabilities. Just the other day parked on the ground with my friend under overcast skies, enough light was coming still through the clouds that it made the high dynamic range (love this, personally) adjust the interior of the cockpit to be very dark. I could still read my instruments but my friend was complaining about being completely unable to do so and had to fly from external view with the control overlay.

• Like 1

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

Nope, but the night is too dark outside of cities. I'm able to see the terrain and the switches inside my car even in the countryside at night IRL.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

8 hours ago, L3m0n said:

The moon is too large.

Sizeist!😠

😉

I think it looks just right. Sometimes the moon looks blazingly bright in the sky, sometimes faint. And so it is in the sim.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 9/5/2020 at 5:37 PM, Gaiiden said:

my friend was complaining about being completely unable to do so and had to fly from external view with the control overlay.

Tell your friend to turn on the instrument/panel lights! That is what those knobs are for...

• Like 5

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The moon looks like cheese ? Well, there's a guy out there saying that he'll fly for cheese. So, I guess he's happy. 

• Like 1

My impression was that it looked really good.  Didn't seem to bright to me and when it's out during the day, looks really good.  Right size.  Good dark spots.

2 hours ago, n4gix said:

Tell your friend to turn on the instrument/panel lights! That is what those knobs are for...

it was in the Savage Cub. Soo.....

We tried the flashlight, but it didn't work. But then later I saw a setting for it to be "auto" or "manual". I forgot to change it and see if that made it usable

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

On 9/5/2020 at 4:42 PM, cepact said:

do you agree ?

Nope... saw a moon last night... it was very,very bright.  And that was the real one!

• Like 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

We've now come full circle which means.  The lighting in day and night is perfect

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

A week ago there was full moon and few clouds. The moon was straight at our window, we had to close the blinds because of the light it was making. 

So I think its really bright when full/almost full. 

Regardless always a good idea to calibrate the monitor brightness,contrast...

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben