Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cindy_Zoonan

I've figured it out, concerning the FSX defenders!!!

Chris, you have a right to your personal opinion. Would you say that is fair statement? Good!Then of course by the same token, we,....those who do not share your personal viewpoint on this matter, have a legitimate right to ours.I patronize no one. I do stand behind what I say, and do not need to patronize, or to 'blow sunshine'. If FSX at its base was garbage (again, my 'garbage' would be someone else's treasure), then I would state that! Again that would be my personal garbage, and not others!My flight at 37,000 feet down the California coast told me different. This is the first sim that LOOKED like the many trips I have taken to the West Coast. Your mileage may vary....Mitch R.

Excellent point. I do like to read critical comments but just coming in and bashing isn't serving any purpose. How can Aces fix a problem when a person says "it sucks", or "Aces are retards and bad programmers"? These are actual problems some have had. Landclass and performance or 2 valid issues with the sim. Multcore utilization may or may not be one. Problem is, those who read the forum on a regular basis are aware of thes problems, but it seems an intimidation campaign to turn any positive thread into a MS bashing disgrace is afoot. Why? Bash FS via their provided email or their blogs. Most likely they read those everyday, ant they may be more likely to respond.Ian.

You should be aware that ACES has exactly zero input into Microsoft's marketing strategy. ACES is a development team that was formed for this particular project, and will probably not be the team that has anything to do with the next version given normal turnover and a multiyear product cycle. FSX is meeting sales predictions (per MS blogs) and that is what really counts. All hands here are free to rave positively or negatively about the product and neither will have any effect on MS's future plans. DJ

Guest RGH

Hi J Van EYes I agree with your last comment,we all want Quality,But we have not got it with FSX.No matter how you defend it or dont want to hear it,there are thousands of simmers out there who do not know how to tweek and gain possibley 2 or 3 FPS The only way this is going to end,Is if Ace's comes up with a Quick fix,You dont like the posts we dont like what Microsoft as done.and AVSIM is letting its members get it of their chests which is good moderating.RegardsRex

Guest allcott

>>But the quality of the commentary in most cases has>>been excellent I say.>>>For the most part this has ALL been positive. If all that>>Avsim were to allow were a really excited user comments what woul dbe the>>point of this forum? >>I never meant to say that only a really excited user comments should be>allowed. Far from it. I also posted some comments on this>forum that weren't exactly positive. Maybe I was a bit too>agited and not clear enough when I typed my post. ;) When the>QUALITY of the commentary is excellent (even 'okay' would be>good enough) I'd have no problems at all. But I'm getting>tired of posts like the OP of this topic, which is just utter>nonsense. This OP has no quality because it says nothing about>FS X itself. That's the problem. Simply bashing Aces, MS or FS>X is useless and, at this moment, getting very irritating. And>I believe posts like this, which are completely useless, can>and should be deleted without any problem.>>Qualty is the keyword here, I think: we all want quality! ;)You WILL get flamed if you so much as suggest that the poster could actually help themselves without having to be spoonfed. I know this! But in the case of a new release product in a dedicated forum the volume of posts doesn't just mean how voluble they are. I recall a few years back when I worked as a techie for a radio station. A new piece of studio equipment was released by a noted manufacturer without, it transpired, anything like the proper testing or the proper procedures in the manuals or the help files. Music Library managers suddenly found that under certain circumstances, pressing a single key could wipe out an entire library. There was certainly a case to say; "well, don't press that button then!" but the truth was, it only got fixed when the number of complaints in their support forums got so bad they literally couldn't delete them fast enough. They tried denying the problem existed and that old excuse `no-one ese had complained`, even as you could sit in the support forum and watch the topics disappear. Many of those posts were abusive, some even threatening, and the grammar was terrible - but all sent a clear message to the maker that they had better DO something, fast. Should they have been deleted at the time? Difficult one to answer. A thicko is just as entitled to be disgruntled as a genius. But each lends weight to the mass of malcontentThey fixed it. Perhaps in six months most of these threads could be revisited and knocked off, no longer relevant. But for now they add weight to the calls for something to be done, even if they offer nothing new to the debate.Allcott

>Qualty is the keyword here, I think: we all want quality! ;)Performance and quality are the keywords here, I think we all want performance and quality! ;-)http://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifDell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo, flashed to a X850 XT PE. Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP2E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

>And you arguing that if we upset ACES, it will be a factor in>determining future releases. Are you serious? I'll bet sales>and profit just flat trump, squash, and flatten the heck out>of hurt feelings. >Bob...Right on Bob!Chris is right (for once) about why I defend FSX, it is because I want to see more versions (heaven forbid I actually enjoy the product), BUT what he can't seem to grasp is the point you bring up, money talks, BS walks. If sales are not there, then there is no budget for development or worse yet, maybe they'll shift to a stupid console like many other companies are doing.I am all for voicing our concerns about the issues with the sim, of which there are quite a few, but there is a difference between voicing concerns and trolling like Chris just did.I can bet that if we didn't have such trolling, we'd have less "defending the sim" posts and more "lets get this figured out/fixed" postsRegards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Lets stop these conspiracy theories please.TDragger left the Flight Sim team in the Aces Studio. That is all that is true in the post I am replying to.He is now part of another sim team within the Aces Studio. He has not gone anywhere, he has not been silenced, and his new assignment is his choice.Please, lets stop this.

Not sure where you're coming from. I personally, have criticized FSX in some respects, most recently today, but I also like it in some respects, too. I guess I don't fit into either of these self-imposed pigeon-holes.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest FxF3

All I can say is I'm happy with what FSX is doing on my computer.Why am I happy because FSX out of the box is a big leap over FS9.Ways to make ones self happy with FSX install it if this does not work which it has happened to some. Go here.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829359and here.http://support.microsoft.com/ph/11941If it installs and your not happy with the FPS you can try here.http://www.fox-fam.com/wordpress/?page_id=41and herehttp://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/FSX_FPS_GuideIf that does not work then try this.http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/productrefund/refund.aspAfter you done with all that then go here. And still would like to try FS and are new to it. Go here.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=263This should help any new person with your Sim problems.For the new people to Flight Sim We are really sorry that you may be caught up in whats going on now while looking for help.

>>Please die.Wow, nice remark there buddy. I suppose you're hoping to be banned?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest AOA

Hi"Don't get me wrong we should always seek tweaks but that's to make something good better not to make something that doesn't work, work..."Exactly!!!Pete

>Hi J Van E>Yes I agree with your last comment,we all want Quality,But we>have not got it with FSX.No matter how you defend it or dont>want to hear it,there are thousands of simmers out there who>do not know how to tweek and gain possibley 2 or 3 FPS The>only way this is going to end,Is if Ace's comes up with a>Quick fix,You dont like the posts we dont like what Microsoft>as done.and AVSIM is letting its members get it of their>chests which is good moderating.>Regards>RexMaybe YOU don't have quality, but I certainly do on what I feel is a very modest system. Please don't try to lump everyone into the same category. ThanksJim