Sign in to follow this  
ParaMan

REX WEATHER FORCE For MSFS

8 minutes ago, rstough said:

We will be including a mapping system later in development.  We didn't include it now because we are looking into a better system than what we had in Sky Force.  It would be our hopes we can add Sigmet data to this. If that is what you are asking about.

I don't mean SIGMET map but SIGMET weather injection, eg. when SIGMET shows there is severe turbulence in specific area and altitude, weather engine injects it into the sim 😉 So when planning your online flight using real SIGMET reports/maps you take this into account 🙂  

Edited by AdiR

Adrian

METAR can indicate alot of things, but also do not paint the big picture. Let me try to explain

ESSA 071450z 24007KT 1500 +SHRA BKN015 15/9 Q1014

What does the METAR indicate, but doesnt warn you of,  in clear text?

METAR weather engines is not something I will buy, too spotty and have difficulties depicting ceilings enroute and how airmasses are modified in areas where metars are sparse. Can you simulate warmtfronts and the associated phenomenas? While not as dramatic as the cold front clouds, they are actually more problematic for GA flyers and very difficult to penetrate due to the low vis, drizzle/detoriating ceilings and frontal fog if you are extra unlucky.

This is why I am an advocate for weather models,

METARs do not tell you the full story

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 3

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Thank you @rstough for answering the questions, sure it can be bit annoying :). Will you include a demo to evaluate? This can help undecided customers (including myself) to evaluate the product in order to see its value. It could be better than metoerblue one's 😉

Edited by omarsmak30

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

If the system had a way of generating downdrafts, that would be good; one of the biggest hazards for pilots on approach.  Although as these are relatively short lived and difficult to detect.  I am not sure how that data can be grabbed.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Everything, Microsoft/Asobo offers in MSFS is very good, but not fantastic: Stock aircraft, weather, ATC, ground services, Airports, architecture.

To make the very good simulator a fantastic one, you need Addons. For me the autenticity of the local weather at the place where I am flying is at least as important as the autenticity of the landscape and the geography.

So, if Rex succeeds in providing a more realistic weather and producing dynamically the correct clouds and other circumstances, I will be one of the first buyers.

@rstough sorry for the question nobody asks...

Weather Force should had been a free addon for SkyForce 3D FOR P3D. What would be the price policy for the new sim?

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Think this is only subjective to the METAR observer in what that individual sees, and hears from pilot reports, as well as update frequency.   Correct me if im wrong , but METARs are updated usually every hour.   We know how quickly wx can change.  So if the METAR is updated at 07:55, a fast moving system will change things around 30 min later. Not so sure all wx reports are actively updated in a timely manner when wx changes quickly. Probably a local area limitation around the world. 

I would like to see extensive comparisons when MS fixes the wx engine with the winds.  Then to see differences of modeled wx data vs METARs.   If I reference Windy website, which is a whole bunch of different models, you can pretty much come up with interpolated wx.  Although Windy but be a bit delayed, MeteoBlue must obviously have realtime data. 

• Upvote 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Just wondering what HifiSim will come up with since their weather engine has been superior in all Flightsim history?

It also says on the product page of Weather Force;

*Even though the REX weather engine is pushing the proper temperatures and winds aloft data through to the simulator, due to core issues of Microsoft Flight Simulator, temperatures and winds aloft are not properly rendered yet. Microsoft & Asobo are aware of this issue. (September 13, 2020)

Edited by rob0203

I'm all for add-on competition on the weather front.  If the sim is improved by it, it'll do well.  If it isn't, it'll go away.  Simple as that really.

Hard to tell how good the MSFS default weather implementation is because of the bugs right now.

3 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Think this is only subjective to the METAR observer in what that individual sees, and hears from pilot reports, as well as update frequency.   Correct me if im wrong , but METARs are updated usually every hour.   We know how quickly wx can change.  So if the METAR is updated at 07:55, a fast moving system will change things around 30 min later. Not so sure all wx reports are actively updated in a timely manner when wx changes quickly. Probably a local area limitation around the world. 

I would like to see extensive comparisons when MS fixes the wx engine with the winds.  Then to see differences of modeled wx data vs METARs.   If I reference Windy website, which is a whole bunch of different models, you can pretty much come up with interpolated wx.  Although Windy but be a bit delayed, MeteoBlue must obviously have realtime data. 

This ! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Just wondering what HifiSim will come up with since their weather engine has been superior in all Flightsim history?

From HiFi forum:

MSFS: We have received tremendous support and encouragement from the community to create an Active Sky for MSFS weather engine and we really appreciate all the feedback! While Asobo and MS have done an incredible job with the new weather system, it has clearly stoked the demand and need for Active Sky features for more advanced weather experiences. We're looking at this as a future potential platform to develop on, but currently, we are not aware of any weather extensibility and we are not sure at this time what the timeline is or what the eventual possibilities will be. We have prepared foundational components for an eventual MSFS Active Sky weather engine, and as soon as we have the capability to interface with MSFS, we certainly will. We are anxiously awaiting more news and updates to the MSFS roadmap along with planned SDK improvements and will provide further updates when we can.

Edited by AdiR
  • Like 2

Adrian

So, will this new product also do something about the missing CIRRUS clouds ?

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

29 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

I am waiting to see feathery alto-cirrus, cirro-stratus, alto-cumulus formations and alto stratus. Also really good anvil thunder heads. Env Pro gave us that in 2D in P3D can we get it in 3D in MSFS?

If I am right, please do not expect new cloud structures when using Weather Force. I think this tool will only bring changes on weather depiction.

Patric

Edited by pscharff

I like the trajectory of where this is going.  Had we seen these pictures before June of last year, we would never have believed it.

Edited by ErichB

17 minutes ago, AdiR said:

From HiFi forum:

So they are still looking for a proper use case for the add-one which makes sense.