Sign in to follow this  
ParaMan

REX WEATHER FORCE For MSFS

1 minute ago, duckbilled said:

"if the bugs are squished"

There are bug fixes for weather coming in the next patch.

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

There are bug fixes for weather coming in the next patch.

Cool. Can't wait to see all of the weather bugs fixed in the next patch.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Just now, duckbilled said:

Cool. Can't wait to see all of the weather bugs fixed in the next patch.

I mean there's only really 2 big ones.

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

I mean there's only really 2 big ones.

Even better. Weather should be 100% as promised after the next patch. Can't wait to fly around the Caribbean with all of the interesting weather this time of the year,

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

8 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

By the way: Meteoblue is a professional weather service company. They provide all kinds of professional services around weather. That‘s their core business. You really think a 2 or 3 person FS developer can provide better weather data then these guys? Come on...

Don‘t get me wrong. REX had its place in the old sims and they did some pretty decent add-ons. But this is David against Goliath here...

Exactly my thoughts.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

1 minute ago, duckbilled said:

Even better. Weather should be 100% as promised after the next patch. Can't wait to fly around the Caribbean with all of the interesting weather this time of the year,

Other than inaccurate winds outside of Europe it's matched the promises, at least for me.

4 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Also another thing I am wondering about, how did they manage to pull this up (as REX claim) while the SDK for the weather system is locked: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/open-up-the-weather-system-to-3rd-party-devs/266706

I'm guessing this is just injection, it isn't modding the weather system.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I'm guessing this is just injection, it isn't modding the weather system.

Exactly, which is why it will be as limited as Asobo provides. Just look at the footer here: http://rexsimulations.com/weatherforce.html 

P/S: REX please fix the SSL in your website, SSL handshake shows the website as not secured. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I received an email from REX:

"Communication with the simulator via fine granular control..." The FSXX weather engine is already communicating in a fine granular way.

"These scenarios are unlike the static weather presets that ship with the simulator..." Someone should inform this guy that since FSX, the simulator can download and read the METAR, not only static presets, and FSXX is provided with a beautiful and smooth weather engine. 

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

2 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

I received an email from REX:

"Communication with the simulator via fine granular control..." The FSXX weather engine is already communicating in a fine granular way.

"These scenarios are unlike the static weather presets that ship with the simulator..." Someone should inform this guy that since FSX, the simulator can download and read the METAR, not only static presets, and FSXX is provided with a beautiful and smooth weather engine. 

FSXX?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TuomasV said:

I don't doubt that METAR is the most accurate weather source for aerodome conditions - better than any model. However, most of my flying doesn't take place on top of an airport and the distance between two high-frequency stations can be considerable. Aren't models the only way to go between these stations?

If you are flying over oceans then we use the GFS model with metar data near coasts to help.  But over land your best bet will be Metar data to give a more accurate view.  We do look at GFS data when there are BIG gaps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

8 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I normally buy REX releases on day one I think I will wait for feedback this time and also after MSFS update. I use live weather and never had a problem so far but always start the sim again for another flight. But for sure live weather needs a fix but hey we are only 6 weeks in. I don't want to be buying something that MS fix.

Also even If I am/was a big fan of REX the way they never fixed the adaptive lighting in EF, there amazing at promotion, but listening and fixed things reported countless times and a update 1 year later still no simple option to turn off adaptive lighting and suddenly no reiles to the question, when asked why was it not fixed. But a flood now to promote the new product, guys we have memories.

This time i will need a good reason to buy not like before when I bought on faith. I will stay open minded and read feedback and reports first.

Your choice, but I would like to address the lighting issue with EF.  That is not an easy fix and what made it worse trying to pin down was that for some it was fine, but others not.  So finding the middle ground is almost impossible.  I think EF is an amazing product for P3D v4.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

8 hours ago, LHookins said:

Thank you, Reed! 😄 

If I am going out to do a flight in real world weather, I want to be able to use the same METARs that real world pilots use.  I absolutely do not expect these to be 100% accurate up to the minute.  I expect to have to do some interpretation on my own.

I've been using Active Sky since the beginning, when the built-in FSX real world weather had a number of problems.  There was no smoothing and no sanity checking, so you'd get instantaneous changes of barometric pressure (often an inch at a time) and instantaneous wind changes.  There was no smoothing if you were climbing through various wind layers, for example.  Active Sky eventually fixed all this.  They also gave us a weather map which was the main reason I bought the first version.

I've seen oddities in MSFS weather, not just the wind.  I've had sudden changes of barometric pressure and on my last flight the temperature suddenly dropped from 38C to 18C.  Asobo and Meteoblue might fix this at some point, but if not I'll be needing a third party weather program.

Active Sky was really good about injecting interpolated weather far away from any weather stations, at weather stations where METARs were out of date, and between weather stations, and if it wasn't perfectly accurate, it was always reasonable.  It looks like REX will do something similar.  Perhaps a mixture of METARs and other weather reporting methods will yield good results.  Windy.com might be a good source, as I'm already using them for weather flight planning. 😄 

I've always used Active Sky, never tried REX, but I'm willing to give it a try if you release it.  Thanks.

Hook

We handle the smoothing of the weather in the new engine.  WE have really worked on this.  So the transitions between weather systems seems real and not evasive.  

We will be incorporating a new mapping system in an update to the engine.  Right now we mainly focused on the weather engine itself.  Bells and whistles will be coming very quickly after release.

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com