Sign in to follow this  
crimplene

Config File for Joystick Deadzone?

Hi,

after installing the (very good) update we can't configuire joystick sensitivity and deadzones anymore. In my case I have a cheap joystick where I really have to have a 5 % deadzone, otherwise I keep turning all the time.

Is there a config file where I can enter deadzone data manually?

Edited by crimplene

15 minutes ago, crimplene said:

Hi,

after installing the (very good) update we can't configuire joystick sensitivity and deadzones anymore. In my case I have a cheap joystick where I really have to have a 5 % deadzone, otherwise I keep turning all the time.

Is there a config file where I can enter deadzone data manually?

Found this in the tips & tricks section - it may help.

Haven't tried it myself, so can't comment...

• Like 1

Thx, garydpoole! This didn't help though. 🙂 But I fiddeled with the joystick calibration until it more or less worked (for now).

You can also use FSUIPC7 beta to reduce the sensitivity.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Does anyone know the name of the configuration file and the path in which the data is stored?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

maybe this?

As a turnaround:

I’ve edited directly the file containing the Xbox settings
The file is located in:
AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs

There’s a folder with a lot of numbers.
In this folder, several subfolders with numbers.
In those, there are files with name containing numbers. One of them is a XML file containing all the settings in text.
Find the file, inside, you’ll find a section for the X, Y, rX, rY axis settings:

Edit the AxisSensitivity and AxisDeadZone to match your previous preferences

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wim123 said:

maybe this?

Thank you very much! I would never have found that file by myself. 🙂

Did everyone sensitivity settings get reverted back to default or were they kept and we just can’t access the settings anymore? If they were kept, that’s good.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

3 hours ago, wim123 said:

maybe this?

As a turnaround:

I’ve edited directly the file containing the Xbox settings
The file is located in:
AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData\wgs

There’s a folder with a lot of numbers.
In this folder, several subfolders with numbers.
In those, there are files with name containing numbers. One of them is a XML file containing all the settings in text.
Find the file, inside, you’ll find a section for the X, Y, rX, rY axis settings:

Edit the AxisSensitivity and AxisDeadZone to match your previous preferences

Good lordy.... When in the ever loving heck was MS thinking with this random number generator as a file and folder format? 

Thanks, I eventually found the right file.. My X-Box Elite 2 will randomly have the sensitivities reset. Now I can enjoy somewhat normal flight again! 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors