Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

I really love where this sim is headed...

I have experienced the whole life span of flight simulation from 1982 to 2020 and cannot believe where we are now. MSFS 2020 is absolutely fantastic. I have been flying low all over PNW into places I never bothered to go in P3D v5 - even though I had many of the Orbx airports. I was mainly flying airliners but now I am a GA guy and discovering amazing places all over and really enjoying it (even with some rather wonky aircraft🙃). I see wonderous clouds with glorious golden linings on the horizon. Never thought I would see such an advance as this in my lifetime. So now I am going to fire up my Cessna 172 (steam gauges) and island hop from  KORS to KFHR and onto CYWH to see my sister. What FUN ( I am definitely having my second childhood).
Congratulation Asobo Studio and Microsoft your are doing very very well indeed.

Kind regards to all.

Edited by rgbinns
spelling
  • Like 1

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

At the official MSFS forums there is a thread that seems the opposite of this one :

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/stop-blaming-asobo/277578

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

15 minutes ago, garydpoole said:

And your point being, exactly..?

I think the point is that whilst generally speaking I like the new sim, it is not going to be an automatic default position to blow sunshine up the developer's wazoo when there clearly are some QC issues.

It cannot have been difficult to spot in the recent patched build, that control sensitivities were unable to be adjusted, literally one test flight would have revealed that. Similarly, one slightly longer test flight probably would have revealed that the avionics can conk out after a while, and not even taking off, merely taxying to the runway in the A320, would have revealed that there was an issue shutting down an engine.

Any half-decent QA manager would have declared that something with those issues, was not fit for purpose and would have recommended not pushing out such a patch which whilst fixing and improving some issues, basically made all the aeroplanes about as airworthy as the 737 MAX. Any way you cut it, this is very poor quality control and people who have paid for the product are right to complain about it.

I like where this sim is headed too, but if they keep up this kind of poor QC, I won't like where it is going at all, because it will be headed down the toilet. I'm all for praising the good points, but it's the squeaky wheel which gets the grease.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yes Alan but its not like P3D is a shining e.g of how to do it, v5 was totally inop till HF2 for longer than we have had 2 patchers. Sure it's not perfect and they are making mistakes, well that's humans for you. Am happy to cut them some slack.

I still imo think this is a new era and I am hopefully going to enjoy the ride.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Yes Alan but its not like P3D is a shining e.g of how to do it, v5 was totally inop till HF2 for longer than we have had 2 patchers. Sure there not perfect and there making mistakes, well that's humans for you. Am happy to cut them some slack.

True, but pointing out that someone else is also a bit cack, is a bit like saying 'well that bloke is driving whilst he's drunk, so I'm okay to do it too'.

I am happy to cut them some slack as well, and have said so too, but I would prefer it if they did not have enough slack to hang themselves.

Knocking out an update which appears to have had little to no testing and which makes the aeroplanes all pretty much unflyable, since the avionics conk out, and this includes the payware ones in the built-in store which went on sale AFTER that patch released, which they want even more money for, is not a minor bug, that one is a shockingly poor showstopper. And worse, it shows a massive disdain for paying customers.

That is a bug which they should be burning the midnight oil to hotfix as soon as possible, or customers will fix it for them by not playing, or buying, their product.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yes.  Thanks for this post. I'm enjoying my time in mfs. I've gotten used to what it's currently capable of...  I've developed work arounds (as most people flying the sim have) to the extent I barely notice. 

I look forward to the journey to improve the sim over the next months/years 

• Like 1

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

I see your point Alan 🙂 

I will get the round in.....

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

While I wholeheartedly agree that the future is very bright down the road, I now fully understand why the dreaded NDAs were imposed on all the Alpha and Beta testers...  

• Like 1

Never mind... this post is like all the rest now 😞 

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

29 minutes ago, Jaxsimmer said:

Could not agree more with the original premise of this post!!!!!

I agree. We have to look forward. MSFS is awesome, bugs and all. They will get fixed. We will have study-level aircraft and that will take more excuses away, but in the mean time we have an awesome looking product.

Lately there has been a few folk who love to hate. They don't even own the product, they just hate it,  or at least are negative about it for whatever reason. I have never been able to understand using an out-of-date product like P3D that has been stretched about as far as it will go and not embracing new technology. I can at least say that because I owned every single version or P3D (along with XP). Of Course I understand that folk still want to also use older technology alongside because it has XYZ aircraft etc.

Looking forward to a great future with MSFS!

Glad i am not the only one feeling super positive about the future of MSFS. When Microsoft walked away from the franchise i was kind of surprised because i felt it was really part of their heritage as a company. Sort of like they turned their back on who they were. It was always a great product to show case that MS was a bleeding edge company. To see this franchise come back to life so strong like this reminds me of what a great company Microsoft is. I also think as an enthusiast of flight sims, this was the best gift our niche hobby could have ever had. 

It is at this time, after everything this industry has endured, that i choose to enjoy this new bright future and see the glass very full instead of focusing on the negatives. I am not giving Asobo and MS a free pass, because this platform is way better than i would have even thought possible a year ago. I am just seeing the many positives that are clearly visible, and not letting the vocal minority (who have reasons to be disappointed) to ruin the experience. 

I have also had plenty of experience with QA over the years, and all i can say is it is a lot harder than it looks. We’ve built hundreds of test cases for products we’ve built, used test automation, and bugs and regression still occur. It is just the nature of software development. So i don’t see the bugs as a big problem. It is the response that always matters. I am sure the team is busy fixing the regression issues right now, and they have learned something about how these bugs happened in the first place. 

Patience and support are needed right now. Go buy an add-on in the marketplace. Vote your wallet in support of this project not because of charity but because it deserves it. And it does. If we as a community are going to tear down something this good after such a long wait, we deserve to see this project fail.

Now that would be a tragedy.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I did not expect it to be perfect when I bought it, I actually thought it would be in worse condition than it was because they released it so early, sure, there are a lot of bugs, but nothing crucial for me that makes it unplayable, I loved it, and will love it more during its development, the Asobo team doing a great job.

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

How dare the OP submit a positive and hopeful post about FS2020!  I only come here for the doom and gloom post so I can stick my head back in the flight simming sand.

Just kidding of course but you get my drift.  Fan boys unite!

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Like 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER