Sign in to follow this  
1down2upquarks

Hi there from Australia

Just downloaded and started exploring MS FS 2020. I think that I've had a play with almost every version of the MS sim since #2 

I used to fly quite a bit IRL before time, money and life got in the way. I've flown a few different things in my time but my favourite I think was the Super Decathlon which I enjoyed getting upside down as much as possible. A few years ago two friends and myself flew a Cessna 172 RG around Australia, that was fun.

I was pleased to see the new sim has a couple of aerobatic planes in there including a Cessna 150 Aerobat, the very first plane I ever did some aeros in. 

One day I may recreate our trip around Oz in the 172 in the sim.  🙂

Welcome to AVSIM! I hope the visuals in the new sim do Australia justice.

I recently found and installed the old OZX Aus scenery for FSX so that's the best I can have without covering your continent in payware! :biggrin:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

If1down2upquarks,

I want to wish you a warm welcome to both AVSIM and to MSFS. 

There is so much content and so much to learn from the sim point of view here in AVSIM.  Australian content in this sim is not fantastic as yet, but we have mods for Melbourne (now) and ORBX for Sydney coming up soon.

You have a lot to enjoy.

Regards

Tony (W.A.)

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Welcome to Avsim 🙂

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks for the welcome guys. I might ask some stupid newbie questions about the forum now and then so bear with me till I get the hang of it. Forums in general are no problem, I own one of my own but all are different in their operations.

First silly question: Where's the appropriate place to discuss my views and opinions of the new fs 2020?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hello, and welcome to Avsim, Fellow Oz here from the wilds of the North Mallee 😉

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Hi Mate, not many sheep around here, but plenty of wheat, barley, canola and hay, etc.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

10 hours ago, 1down2upquarks said:

...Where's the appropriate place to discuss my views and opinions of the new fs 2020?

In the FS2020 forum I reckon:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/863-microsoft-flight-simulator-2020/

Note that there's a couple of addtional forums dealing with tips & tricks and VR use in that sim.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Welcome to Avsim!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.