Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Alpha/beta testing may be brought back for patches

So here is a hint that an alpha/beta testing team (made up of players I presume) may be brought back according to an official community manager in the official MSFS forums:

This is something we are looking into when we mentioned a few months ago about “ongoing testing for Alpha/Beta testers”. Though I don’t have anything solid to say at this moment, this is something that I believe will be addressed in next week’s live Q&A.

Source: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/is-there-a-reason-why-there-isnt-a-testing-team-made-up-of-active-players-for-patch-releases/283518/12?u=gadwin777

This will be good because it means a lot of the critical bugs like the sensitivity menu bug, and the A320 engine shut down bug, may be caught by an alpha/beta testing team before the patch rolls out.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

9 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

This will be good because it means a lot of the critical bugs like the sensitivity menu bug, and the A320 engine shut down bug, may be caught by an alpha/beta testing team before the patch rolls out.

Sure it is a good idea.
They had us, 14,000+ users during Alpha/Beta. Stressing the servers and reporting bugs.

This is something we are looking into

I surely hope they go from "looking into" to "doing" mode.
But I will be wary until I see some results.

Edited by RamonB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

They had open testing for over a year and still didnt/couldn't address all of the problems before pushing the 'go' button.

• Like 1

Bernard

We are all already beta testers. In steam platform  they should call MSFS "early access". 

• Like 6

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Good to have more recent confirmation about this. Hopefully this will be optional to anyone who owns the game and wants to help test a patch.

I'm wondering if this disproves the DirectX 12 build rumour, or whether this doesn't have to do anything with the former Alpha testing programme at all.

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

We are all already beta testers. In steam platform  they should call MSFS "early access". 

Probably should have called it "early access."  That's what I considered it to be when it released on August 18.  But at the same time, I'm enjoying the heck out of MSFS. I'm personally happy that they released it 6 months early.  Watching all the pictures and videos became nauseating at one point, without the ability to play it.

• Like 2

Just now, ChaoticBeauty said:

Good to have more recent confirmation about this. Hopefully this will be optional to anyone who owns the game and wants to help test a patch.

I'm wondering if this disproves the DirectX 12 build rumour, or whether this doesn't have to do anything with the former Alpha testing programme at all.

Well, according to the community manager, it's not official yet. Only that they would say more about it in next week's Q&A session.

18 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

You guys go help them out I'm sure things will speed up a little.

I'm almost sure someone here can do a better job copy-pasting airplane specs/numbers from the manufacturer papers to the config files.🙃

Edited by RamonB

LOL the Alpha Test program worked out so well before release. Won't be much help if they don't listen to you guys or if they don't know how to fix their own bugs. Will be interesting to watch. They most likely are looking for a way to put you guys back under an NDA. They got to be taking a lot of heat at MS HQ not matter what the forums say. NDA will at least calm things down a bit.

• Like 3

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

7 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

They most likely are looking for a way to put you guys back under an NDA

The NDA is still in effect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenG said:

Why? So they can ignore our input yet again. 

It’s funny 😂 ....because it’s true 😢

• Like 2

Chris

So, they wouldn't invite me to the beta or the alpha, but now after I've paid 120 quid for the thing, the company with a market cap of $750.6 Billion, want me to help to test their product, which I gave them money for, for free? 🤣

My answer? Well it sounds a bit like like... Truck Two

25907767496_f065af5620_b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

9 minutes ago, Chock said:

Truck Two

Shut the Front Door! 😉

Heck. I've been testing the SDK since MSFS was released and it's still an early alpha.