Sign in to follow this  
Moria15

Has the building generation changed?

36 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Well, are we all really surprised? That is the cost we all pay for having worldwide coverage, something that can be achieved only by using AI. And we do not have the scenery on our rigs, as such we are simply ultra dependent on what MS/Asobo does (getting obvious in the last few weeks...). 

- if they adjust the AI generation of buildings, we have to get along with it, as we can do NOTHING...

- if they decide to reduce LOD due to server loads, we have to get along with it, as we can do NOTHING...

- if they decide to adjust whatever in the depiction of the streamed content, we have to get along with it, as we can do NOTHING...

So, maybe some start to realize now that this streaming and AI stuff is not the praised scenery god we were all hoping for? That maybe having a basic world and individual addons improving regional things but at least then staying on our disk and not affected by changes in the core sim is still the better way? 

The last two patches show one thing very clear: MSFS is 100% depending on the decisions by MS/Asobo. We have no chance to interfere directly, means:

- we have no possibility to say no to an update that potentially ruins the whole sim. Either you start the sim and you MUST get the update, or you have no sim...

- we have no possibility to say no to an update breaking one of our loved addons. If an update breaks the PMDG plane, we were used to simply not install this update until PMDG has fixed it. This possibilty is gone now...

And so on. The worldwide photoground coverage seems to come at a HUGE cost, and people start to realize this now. Personally, I only surprised that it took the majority so long to realize that MSFS is not the holy grail of flightsimming...

Well stated...and there WILL be a migration for some, back to P3D  5.x or .1 and XP11/12  I think L.M were laughing in their beer, and said, see your folks, soon, and BTW, v5.1 will be released on blah, blah date....with True Sky  out of Beta...(smile). I hope that ASOBO is lurking, and reading this forum...and taking what they are reading...the frustration...quite seriously....

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

Please vote this bug https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/buildings-much-too-high-in-1-9-3-0-patch/288300/60 and send a zendesk ticket until they acknowledge this issue. 

Honestly, I am starting to get kind of disappointed, I mean they tweaked the buildings for Japan but somehow messed up the the rest of the world. I was wondering, a very simple QA flight around France (their home base) would have shown the issue. Now villages near where I live (in Germany) have like 40 floors hight buildings lol. 

Edited by omarsmak30

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

46 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Now villages near where I live (in Germany) have like 40 floors hight buildings lol. 

i dont know, the village i live have the same problem, but this was allways since the beginning its nothing new, at least for me.

9 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

i dont know, the village i live have the same problem, but this was allways since the beginning its nothing new, at least for me.

It could be the issue was already there but now is really really obvious 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Well stated...and there WILL be a migration for some, back to P3D  5.x or .1 and XP11/12  I think L.M were laughing in their beer, and said, see your folks, soon, and BTW, v5.1 will be released on blah, blah date....with True Sky  out of Beta...(smile). I hope that ASOBO is lurking, and reading this forum...and taking what they are reading...the frustration...quite seriously....

Let's just remember that to get to P3D V5 took 10 years... 

We are one month into a major release

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Let's just remember that to get to P3D V5 took 10 years... 

We are one month into a major release

and i allready took the red pill, for me it is too late to go back, it is not possible 😂

I think you guys have missed the one entry in the changelog of the recent patch:

"To future proof MSFS, scenery has been updated to what has been predicted to be the infrastructure at year 2050".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I am not at home, but could someone test this: delete the rolling cache and check if this resolves the issue with those buildings? Somehow I start to think that deleting the rolling cache might anyway not be the worst thing to do after each update... Not for me though, I stopped using the rolling cache completely...

Edited by AnkH

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 hours ago, AnkH said:

So, maybe some start to realize now that this streaming and AI stuff is not the praised scenery god we were all hoping for?

You sound like the folks who were against computers talking people's jobs. Get with the times old man.

• Upvote 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

4 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

P3D will be dead next year for the entertainment market except for a select few people with specific needs. 

• Upvote 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

4 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

So SOME will go back to either P3D 5.x or .1 but until those are ready they are still debating over V 4.4, V 4.5, V5.0 which appears to be broken for those with low memory GPU's, those waiting for 5.0HF2 or V 5.1 each with their own issues and lack of compatibility.  LM laughing in their beer?  The entire consumer market is a blip on their radar.  How many P3D copies do they have to sell to equate to the cost of selling one F-35?  They aren't a game developer I highly doubt they are laughing in their beers waiting for the consumer folks to come running back... 

• Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Interesting. I was flying somewhere random (I forget where now), and I was surprised to see tall buildings in what I assumed was a small town. Now I see this is yet another new bug.

1 hour ago, Slides said:

You sound like the folks who were against computers talking people's jobs. Get with the times old man.

Ehm, you should not try to construct a meaning out of my post if you are obviously not capable of doing so. All I am saying is that having a scenery installed on my local drive and including handmade adjustments to include POIs and stuff is currently still better than streamed scenery using AI to do the job.

But then I read the last posts you did here on avsim and all my potential questions are answered...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

I am not at home, but could someone test this: delete the rolling cache and check if this resolves the issue with those buildings? Somehow I start to think that deleting the rolling cache might anyway not be the worst thing to do after each update... Not for me though, I stopped using the rolling cache completely...

Awhile back I had an issue of there being no trees in Connecticut and Rhode Island. Deleting my caches solved this problem, so you may be onto something!