Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Advice on cockpit view

I have been battling with getting my head around the camera vew system all week! But tonight I have eventually managed to do so :biggrin: apart from one single aspect... I have, what I call the pilot view, the default view in the VC, the view is assigned to a button on my PFC yoke, which is fine, but for some reason, if I click it once it relates to the pre-configured view I have created, but if I click it again, it takes me to a closer view of the instrument panel! This I do not want. I have tried to see if it is assigned to two separate views on the same button, but I can't seem to find that to be the case. Does anyone have any advice or can throw some light on this. Thanks fellas.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I've noticed that too. I think it's switching between the default view and the one you stored.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Can you try binding “cockpit view reset” (sorry not at PC so may be called slightly different) to the same switch as your preferred cockpit view.

This used to solve the issue for me. However since the last patch I have some other issue going on related to the zoom level I use (60).

‘This solution was originally supplied by Sartanius on the MSFS Forums.

• Like 2

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

I have been battling with getting my head around the camera vew system all week! But tonight I have eventually managed to do so :biggrin: apart from one single aspect... I have, what I call the pilot view, the default view in the VC, the view is assigned to a button on my PFC yoke, which is fine, but for some reason, if I click it once it relates to the pre-configured view I have created, but if I click it again, it takes me to a closer view of the instrument panel! This I do not want. I have tried to see if it is assigned to two separate views on the same button, but I can't seem to find that to be the case. Does anyone have any advice or can throw some light on this. Thanks fellas.

Check this - go into assigned buttons in menu and look to see it the key you want to use is being used somewhere else also - you need to clear out the 2nd key binding you dont want 

Key binding you chose is all ready being used for something else you didnt do it Asobo did with out of the box settings 

Tip: click the button you wanted to bind look thru all assigned if you see the binding assignment blink you found the culprit clear out and hit validate

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 1

Rich Sennett

6 hours ago, michaelray said:

Can you try binding “cockpit view reset” (sorry not at PC so may be called slightly different) to the same switch as your preferred cockpit view.

This used to solve the issue for me. However since the last patch I have some other issue going on related to the zoom level I use (60).

That indeed solves this issue. Thanks!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, michaelray said:

Thanks for this Michael. It has got me fairly close, but how do I change this view, make it wider for example, and then save it? I think I am clearly missing some very simple things but I just can't seem to grasp the basics. I know how to save to the keyboard but how to save to a controller?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Howard-

In the VC go to the upper Toolbar and then Camera... make sure the Cockpit Cam is selected and move the Zoom... I’m somewhere around 70% at the moment- default was 50. Then Alt Ctl # once you’re happy. Not mine, thanks to @Steve Dra .

The issue is that when you are happy and want to adjust again, the new view’s zoom is defaulted to 50% again, so now it’s hard to know exactly what’re you are... still it works.

Hopefully on Asobo’s backlog 🙂

HTH- C

PS - @ScotFlieger and @guenseli have LINDA working with default a/c... as usual, just brilliant. @Pete Dowson and @John Dowson just updated FSUIPC again... so make sure you give your VRInsight MCP II a go... good to have it back, but waiting for the Mooney to work... hopefully soon!

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

Howard-

In the VC go to the upper Toolbar and then Camera... make sure the Cockpit Cam is selected and move the Zoom... I’m somewhere around 70% at the moment- default was 60. Then Alt Ctl # once you’re happy.

The issue is that when you are happy and want to adjust again, the new view’s zoom is defaulted to 59% again, so now it’s hard to know exactly what’re you are... still it works.

Hopefully on Asobo’s backlog 🙂

HTH- C

Hi Carl, thanks for the help. Hmm, this is what I have been doing all along, save the view I want using alt+ctrl+1, which saves when I then use alt+1, but my problem seems to be when I want to save it to my PFC yoke switch...  EDIT: I think there must be something pertinent to my PFC yoke, I have followed all the tutorials for days now, and I think I will have to deal with what I have. Bring on Chaseplane!! Thanks for your advice.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard

Howard- I use the PFC Console II and it works fine. Just make sure only one button is mapped for Load Cockpit Camera 1.

If you don’t want to faff with the default, just have FSUIPC send Alt+1 for that switch.

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

Howard- I use the PFC Console II and it works fine. Just make sure only one button is mapped for Load Cockpit Camera 1.

If you don’t want to faff with the default, just have FSUIPC send Alt+1 for that switch.

Hi Carl, sure. I will get FSUIPC! 

Howard

Just make sure you don’t have multiple assignments 

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I can save custom views with Ctrl+Alt+# but it doesn't seem to save the zoom or the position (e.g. I move it forward a but but it isn't saved)...just the angle.  At least that's what I'm seeing.  Not sure if there's a solution to that.

• Like 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM