Sign in to follow this  
FNAL

Working Title CJ4 Mod Version 0.4.0 Released

23 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

Takeoff distance will definitely be increased. I think you'll be down about 600 pounds of thrust by 6-7K. However, that climb speed seems a bit anemic, but I'll see if we have anything in our references. At an airfield like KJAC be sure to spool up fully and let the engines settle before releasing the brakes.

That seems like too high an IAS selection. Best climb speed in the CJ4 is actually 160kts, but 240kts is usually used. I usually can get 1500fpm still at 30K.

@FNAL, our resident CJ4 pilot may also have some suggestions as well. I'll definitely try flying out of KJAC and see what it looks like.

-Matt

Thanks Matt!  Another question, is there a way to display ground speed on the PFD?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the Update. A few things i've picked up with the recent version.

- CRS 2 knob does not change VOR 2 course when in VOR 2 display mode. Both CRS 1 and CRS 2 knobs can change VOR 1 Course.

- COM 2 receive Button toggles VOR 2 on/off.

-Weights on the perf page don't add up to indicate proper ZFW or TOW. It shows 190lbs per pax where the default weight reads 170lbs.

- Approach speed page is blank, after putting in landing data.

Edited by Ops Normal

Thanks for your efforts on this, it just keeps getting better and better!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Impressive patch work judging from the video preview.  Nice to have a much more functional FMC.  Look forward to trying it.  

Many thanks for all your work. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

33 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Thanks Matt!  Another question, is there a way to display ground speed on the PFD?

No problem!

There isn't a way to my knowledge but GS does display on the bottom of the MFD.

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

No problem!

There isn't a way to my knowledge but GS does display on the bottom of the MFD.

Thanks you.  Let us know what you think of the performance out of KJAC.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, Dillon said:

Tried a flight out of KJAC-KISM.  The plane almost took the whole runway to take off and climb out averaged 1500fpm.  There was no way I was getting to 38,000ft and I didn’t have a heavy load. 

Two questions:

1. Is the CJ4 that affected by high altitude airports that it needs a considerably longer takeoff distance?  KJAC was cool and usually this is a problem for pitons not jets.  Again my weight was light with only 86% fuel.

2. Is it normal with light weight and low upper level winds when you get up around 23,000ft your climb rate is reduced to 1,000fpm?  Even with version three the CJ4 struggled past 24,000ft.

Something doesn't seem right here.  I haven't had any problems with climbing and you should be around 1500-2000fpm climbing at 240 kts in the 20s.  Expect 1000 or less when you get into the high 30s.  

I will fly out of JAC and check performance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ops Normal said:

Thanks for the Update. A few things i've picked up with the recent version.

- CRS 2 knob does not change VOR 2 course when in VOR 2 display mode. Both CRS 1 and CRS 2 knobs can change VOR 1 Course.

- COM 2 receive Button toggles VOR 2 on/off.

-Weights on the perf page don't add up to indicate proper ZFW or TOW. It shows 190lbs per pax where the default weight reads 170lbs.

- Approach speed page is blank, after putting in landing data.

CRS 2 is bugged/not implemented by Asobo and it's on our lsit.  

Weights page needs to be changed and updated correctly with what is on the sim W&B menu.

-Did you have a landing runway in there?  It currently crashes when there is no runway heading when it calculates the wind components, we will fix it.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marcbrodbeck said:

just a work in progress, still working on adjusting the N1% settings to match, but these should be close to RW values.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ugJQO57Gf1PCJohbsnYyJ9fH4kvbLYxe/view?usp=sharing

Marc,

Is it possible for you to provide these CJ4 Patterns with a white background and black text so they can be printed? Thanks.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Looking good. Finally able to edit routes manually on FMS is wonderful and the fuel consumption is spot on (with maybe a 15-20% error margin).

However, I was unable to enter an airway. Since it may be my fault, maybe someone can check it or correct me.

My route was KDAB OMN SEBAG SSI KELER SAV SPONG V185 BEANS KAGS.

1) If I enter SPONG and then BEANS and try to replace DIRECT with V185 nothing happens.

2) If I try to enter V185 it says no exit fix.

5 minutes ago, shadow133 said:

Looking good. Finally able to edit routes manually on FMS is wonderful and the fuel consumption is spot on (with maybe a 15-20% error margin).

However, I was unable to enter an airway. Since it may be my fault, maybe someone can check it or correct me.

My route was KDAB OMN SEBAG SSI KELER SAV SPONG V185 BEANS KAGS.

1) If I enter SPONG and then BEANS and try to replace DIRECT with V185 nothing happens.

2) If I try to enter V185 it says no exit fix.

I'm not in sim right now, but have you tried to NOT enter BEANS until AFTER you enter V185 on left side THEN to the right of V185 enter BEANS ? 

WAT1460.png

36 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

I'm not in sim right now, but have you tried to NOT enter BEANS until AFTER you enter V185 on left side THEN to the right of V185 enter BEANS ? 

@shadow133 This is the proper procedure. After you have:

DIRECT            SPONG

Then type V185 into the scratchpad, click the LEFT lsk on the line below DIRECT and after that enter BEANS in the scratchpad and click the RIGHT lsk on the line you added V185. That should do it.

• Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

4 hours ago, FNAL said:

Something doesn't seem right here.  I haven't had any problems with climbing and you should be around 1500-2000fpm climbing at 240 kts in the 20s.  Expect 1000 or less when you get into the high 30s.  

I will fly out of JAC and check performance.

I have been using VS for climbs.  Is FLC working? I have been using 2500-3000fpm up to 10k, approx 2000fpm to 20k and lowering as needed from there. Any pointers on best practices for the climb out? Thanks again.. only plane I fly at the moment!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

2 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I have been using VS for climbs.  Is FLC working? I have been using 2500-3000fpm up to 10k, approx 2000fpm to 20k and lowering as needed from there. Any pointers on best practices for the climb out? Thanks again.. only plane I fly at the moment!

FLC does work for me, but others have had trouble with it. FLC needs to be used with kid gloves.

Typically I will set FLC to 250kts and LNAV on the runway, with FD on and AP off. I take off, clean up, reduce power to CL and then get established in the climb, properly trimmed. Once I pass 200kts, I will enable the A/P and it will do it's thing on FLC and LNAV. I tend to climb at 250 to 25,000, then 240, then reduce further as needed with altitude.

By about 30k you'll need the throttle at full again, since we don't have the FADEC doing that for us (yet)...

Climb rates should be as FNAL said, in the 3700-4000 range below 10k, then about 3000-3500 until 20k, in the 2ks while in the 20s and then in the 1k fpm range by the mid 30s... 

Edited by cwburnett
  • Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT