Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

ORBX Graz Released

Thats a huge install size....

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Before I purchase and download through ORBX Central, do you guys think this will be available in the MSFS Market?  And, does it matter?  (Central vs in game Market? for Content management?)

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Thats a huge install size....

In the back of my head I can't help but wonder if Orbx is secretly buying up all the stock for Western Digital, Seagate, etc, at the same time they are giving us beautiful, multi-gigabyte installs of tiny parts of the world (relationally of course) in a pure regenerative feedback loop to increase their wealth?
Hehe...let the conspiracy theories commence!

Maybe Orbx is a secret, tiny subdivision of one of the Storage giants, and is under orders (with included funding) to propagate as much hard drive space in the flightsim world as possible to drive sales of storage devices up. 🙂

Sure it's been discussed many times before, as looking at my old collection of Orbx stuff in regards to sheer storage space is....alarming, LOL.

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Very nice and absolutely stunning looking amount of detail and very realistic! MSFS's light engine making the world look so word not allowed real now, but those sizes are insane! 7Gb for a medium-sized airport now??? At this rate my SSD will be filled up in no time.

But I guess if you want high quality textures and details, then you'll have to put up with the large file size. Really hope they can do something to keep the size down further without losing too much quality.

Edited by captain420
  • Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Wow - the textures combined with the atmospheric rendering is next-level.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dlm9000 said:

Before I purchase and download through ORBX Central, do you guys think this will be available in the MSFS Market?  And, does it matter?  (Central vs in game Market? for Content management?)

I sincerely hope that it appears in the Marketplace.  Would like to keep *ALL* my purchases in one place.  Regards.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Gonna wait for a freeware version. Porobably good enough, given the assets that MSFS provides. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Holy moly... the amount of freeware addon is really amazing! When you consider that it was released only a few weeks ago...

This is what amazes me the most...I was not expecting the community to make so much... so fast. I was always impressed with XPs community contributions / support for airports and freeware.

Just imagine what will be created over the next 2 or 3 years....the freeware alone is enough to be excited about for the future of MSFS.

• Like 4

Very nice airport.

Flight-Simulator-j-Dpp7-Bqu-WT.png

Flight-Simulator-wru273t-Ih-T.png

• Like 5

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Beautiful pics David.

Here are some pics of my last flight.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.