Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Zendesk issues marked as "Solved" ?

Anyone knows what the "solved" status means on the requests you making on Zendesk ? 

Most of my things are marked as "solved". Obviously they aren't...

Roi Ben

Yep.  Solved means solved! 😄  In their minds maybe.

The 'Press any key' screen was actually solved in the last patch, as that screen doesn't lose focus now.  Isn't that what people meant? 🤣

I think sometimes they are dismissing things a bit too easily if they can't replicate them, so they weed them out.

What is the issue you are looking at?

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

It's explained somwhere in the official forum. Essentially it translates into "acknowledged" and will be considered, it definitely doesn't mean it's been already solved. I had this several times.

It's misleading indeed but I was told it's just the way the Zendesk system works.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 4

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Yep.  Solved means solved! 😄  In their minds maybe.

The 'Press any key' screen was actually solved in the last patch, as that screen doesn't lose focus now.  Isn't that what people meant? 🤣

I think sometimes they are dismissing things a bit too easily if they can't replicate them, so they weed them out.

What is the issue you are looking at?

What i meant is mostly issues i have reported. Not the forum voted issues which then goes to the DEV updates. 

For example i reported many issues related to performance in specific areas. All marked as 'solved'. 

So i am just wondering, did they really did something ? did they fix it and it doesn't really work ? did they solved it and need to be implemented next patch ? they they just moved the request on and its solved from L1 perspective ? too many unknowns 

• Like 2

Roi Ben

3 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

did they solved it and need to be implemented next patch ?

Yeah, I believe that would be the correct interpretation, at least from their point of view. They've solved it but need to implement it in an upcoming patch.

I don't know how they do things in Asobo, but here is my guess:

ZenDesk is just a catch & dispatch for 1st line troubletickets. It is not something that Asobo developers is looking at. Issues will be prioritized here by Asobo and added to DevOps or a similar tool that they use. I think this is when the ZenDesk ticket is changed to Solved. So as one said earlier it is more an acknowledgement of the issue.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

From the Zendesk Bug Reporting FAQ:

• Solved: The bug report has been handled—our team has recorded the bug in our internal bug and issue tracker. Please note this does not mean you will see the bug fixed in the next update, but has been recorded and prioritized accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Give people power to really test their personality.

18 minutes ago, SamYeager said:

From the Zendesk Bug Reporting FAQ:

Now that more like it... thanks 

Roi Ben

I know they sometimes used "solved" to mean that they fixed it internally but haven't pushed it out to a patch yet.  To them, it is "done" but that doesn't mean it is fixed on our end yet, just that it hopefully will be.  For example there's things marked "solved" before the last patch that were not in the latest patch.  

Software developers think in terms of "builds" and they have a lot more fixed in their internal builds that take time to get out to us.  

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

1 hour ago, roi1862 said:

Anyone knows what the "solved" status means on the requests you making on Zendesk ? 

Most of my things are marked as "solved". Obviously they aren't...

The full faq says: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014232420-Zendesk-Bug-Reporting-FAQ

Ticket Statuses Explained (Bug Reports)

Open: The report is in the queue. A bug report will remain open until it’s updated or marked as solved.

Awaiting your reply: Our team contacted you to request more information and is waiting for your reply.

Solved: The bug report has been handled—our team has recorded the bug in our internal bug and issue tracker. Please note this does not mean you will see the bug fixed in the next update , but has been recorded and prioritized accordingly.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

4 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Solved: The bug report has been handled—our team has recorded the bug in our internal bug and issue tracker. Please note this does not mean you will see the bug fixed in the next update , but has been recorded and prioritized accordingly.

It's little more than misleading hype, probably based on the assumption that most users will not search the forums to discover that 'solved' actually means it's not solved. Therefore they will falsely believe that all these issues have been dealt with. I thought MS and Asobo said they wanted to be completely transparent about their progress.

John B

The Press Any Key issue was erroneously labeled as fixed. They put out a statement saying they inadvertently said it was fixed, but it is not. It will be fixed in the next patch.

23 minutes ago, Biggles2010 said:

It's little more than misleading hype, probably based on the assumption that most users will not search the forums to discover that 'solved' actually means it's not solved. Therefore they will falsely believe that all these issues have been dealt with. I thought MS and Asobo said they wanted to be completely transparent about their progress.

Wow.....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I’m hardly an Asobo basher, but that is definitely an, uh, idiosyncratic use of the word “solved”...

• Like 1