Sign in to follow this  
FAZZ3

PMDG 737 NG3 delayed to 12+ months

19 minutes ago, OSM said:

One true "study level" B787 from another developer will kill entire PMDG "fleet", and kick them from FS2020 sky. Actually not many customers will pay twice for the same "study level" airplane from FSX/P3D. Humans constantly looking for something new!

tvwvfc10n3j21.jpg

To much automation for me the 787, rather have a paper checklist!

5 hours ago, Tim-HH said:

PMDG needed more than three years to release their first FSX product. So it is no surprise that we will have to wait a bit for their first MSFS product.

Btw. the interior looks quite bad...very artificial. Yes, I know the interior is not the main focus of the product. But please take a look how excellent a bizjet cabin can look in P3D

Didn’t they port over the 747 relatively quickly? Or are you saying it took 3 years to release a completely rebuilt airplane based entirely on fsx? It’s been so long ago I forget what their timeline was back then. 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

6 hours ago, OSM said:

If PMDG started to sell "bbj interior", then they have nothing to sell. Now it is definitely clear that PMDG future totally depend on FS2020.

Sure, okay. 🙄

Eric 

4 hours ago, regis9 said:

Uh oh, choose wisely Asobo!

Mathijs running the 3PD show while Robert and Lefteris watch from the audience....yikes!

• Like 1

Eric 

8 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

To much automation for me the 787, rather have a paper checklist!

787 cockpit ABSOLUTELY perfect for VR flying and this what MS will definitely support!😄

RE4se1w?ver=ff8c&q=90&m=6&h=705&w=1253&b

Edited by OSM
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, honanhal said:

I'm still left scratching my head a bit with what PMDG is doing here, given their earlier talk (not that long ago!) of this possibly being ready in the next month or so. Did they actually believe that at the time?

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and say they did. Then what happened? It's a big change in timeline and there's been no substantive explanation of what changed. Ok, the SDK isn't where it needs to be. That means it also wasn't when they were making those much more optimistic projections, right?

My suspicion (totally uninformed by anything but this and the official forum) is that they were hoping that with the release out of the way, they would get much more of Asobo's time to work with them on the SDK side, and that hasn't materialized over the last two months as they expected given the challenges with the base sim. 

If you read the threads about the Long-EZ, Asobo made some promises about adding canard support to the flight model, and then didn't deliver.  So if there are things PDMG needs, they might be waiting a while.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I think their decision is based on more than just "the condition of MSFS". It makes perfect business sense to me to delay the NG3. I believe should it have been released earlier, the entire development of not yet released products for P3D (BBJ, GFO, etc) could be rendered meaningless as customers on limited budgets would preferentially purchase PMDG products for MSFS and bypass P3D purchases. So I believe their idea is to get the "in development" P3D products out first, get the sales volumes to a point where they can then justify the release of MSFS products. Selling off "old stock" before selling the new goods.

Regards.

Edited by Peter Webber
Typo

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

53 minutes ago, OSM said:

One true "study level" B787 from another developer will kill entire PMDG "fleet", and kick them from FS2020 sky. Actually not many customers will pay twice for the same "study level" airplane from FSX/P3D. Humans constantly looking for something new!

While I will absolutely jump on a 787, I would still like a 737/A31x/A32x sized aircraft as well.  Although, I've been having a lot of fun with the A320NX as a nice change from the 737 way of doing things in FSX with the PMDG, so I might be looking towards that FSLabs Airbus and then a 787 if it comes out.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I've bought all of PMDG's aircraft in the past starting with their JS-41, in fact it was that aircraft that convinced me that FSX/P3D could be more than a game. 

However, I will not be buying their BBJ.  Graphically speaking, MFSF has revolutionized the industry.  As much as I try to go back to P3D (and I have virtually all the scenery/weather  addons, FSlabs, maddog, majestic etc.) it all feels flat and cartoonish.  I can't immerse myself in it.  Every once in a while I try again and load P3D v5, look around my favourite payware airport (Orbx's PAJN) in my favourite aircraft (Leonardo's MD-3 with Alaska Airlines livery),  and then I exit.  No go.

The problem with MSFS is, of course, the lack of study sims of equivalent quality.  I find myself using it less and less and so will probably turn my attention to non-sim pursuits, at least for the next few months.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Lon Duncombe said:

I've bought all of PMDG's aircraft in the past starting with their JS-41...

PMDG MD-11 and Angle Of Attack MD-11 Training video was my the best simulation experience ever!

81utXxkFX3L._AC_SY741_.jpgmd11header.png

Edited by OSM
  • Like 3

This is a bummer. I am not overly impressed with the default A320 even with the mods that have been made available. In fact, I don't really like the stability of any of the default MSFS aircraft, as I find them all somewhat difficult to control. 

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I know Randazzo and PMDG has a near Godlike status among some simmers. 

But I think what's happening is this: Some SDK and other developer functions are different or lacking in FS2020. So PMDG has two options - either to work around this and re-do much of the work that went into their planes. This costs time and money. Or - they can "blame" Asobo and put pressure on them to creating developer functionality that is more similar to FSX/P3D so the airplanes can be ported easier.

But that's not good news for customers. I fear that the implementations PMDG want in FS2020 will bring back 14 year old FSX tech into the FS2020 simulator, making it run worse and creating issues for other developers. PMDG is basically putting their own workload onto Asobo, which then has to put other improvements and fixes further down the list to prioritize and satisfy the prima donnas in PMDG - who want to sell their $130 airplanes with as little investment in development as possible. 

Edited by Republic3D
spelling
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

5 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

This is a bummer. I am not overly impressed with the default A320 even with the mods that have been made available. In fact, I don't really like the stability of any of the default MSFS aircraft, as I find them all somewhat difficult to control. 

Cheers, Pete

Precisely. It has beautiful visuals, but I fly with the "gaming" aircraft just to look around. A lot of potential though. I believe our professional aircraft developers are playing for time to sell off their existing P3D stock..😉

• Like 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

5 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Precisely. It has beautiful visuals, but I fly with the "gaming" aircraft just to look around. A lot of potential though. I believe our professional aircraft developers are playing for time to sell off their existing P3D stock..😉

Agreed, the scenery is stunning, but I lose interest too fast. Couple that with the fact that I am a real world pilot, I really only enjoy flying aircraft I can't fly in real life. If they added a Piper Warrior that would help however.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I love PMDG aircraft. That said, PMDG are mostly inscrutable as to the what and when of their products. They do their own thing in their own time and it's just tough if we don't like it. I respect that philosophy.

The problem in trying to use them as a weathervane for where MSFS stands as a product is: it doesn't work.

There's a vast history with them where various aircraft and surrounding products have timelines slip, promises deferred, "we never said that, you only thought we said that", and interminable delays. I can think of several examples without much effort. I think they enjoy this game very much.

My point, then, is we can't use PMDG as a barometer for MSFS2020 progress or state of fitness.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS