Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

When live weather fails to deliver

1 minute ago, frankla said:

Where did ASOBO mwntion that they are not interested in fixing it?  I ask this, because inless they have stated it as such you could not  possibly know.

It's not a priority.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

It's not a priority.

Hell of a lot different than saying they are not interested..  

Edited by frankla

6 minutes ago, frankla said:

Hell of a lot different than saying they are not interested..  

Some people don't have 10 years to wait. They need to address this now, not within a decade.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

13 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Some people don't have 10 years to wait. They need to address this now, not within a decade.

It might not be as easy as we'd like to believe it is. They are on an update schedule and adding items to already preplanned workflow could pose a sizeable task. I believe they learn from their mistakes and try to deliver us more complete content with the patches which is why some "critical" tasks have been pushed to updates down the road. It takes time and testing to do it right and I believe this is what they strive for.

31 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

I'm still amazed it wasn't fixed last patch. And if I read the dev update correctly, it won't be fixed even in the upcoming one.

That really sucks, but so does live weather in general. That is why I mostly fly with a preset or custom weather.

Edited by Evros

I notice that my local weather is fairly "accurate", just hours behind.  A cold front rolled through and it was raining for a good 2 hours, so I fire up the sim and it is clear.  I headed west and found the front.  It was there, modeled quite well, just a few hours behind.  

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Not sure if this has been shared before (surely it has!) but I just noticed the other day that my in-game server feed had "Asia" or something and latency was 250ms lol. I'm in Florida so since using the "East" server, my live traffic has been great, and the weather has seemed better too. Not enough days to test yet. But the weather and traffic appear to be linked (makes sense, both on-line), and when performing well, they both perform well - or at least better since using "EAST".

I just tried KNSA though and there were clouds and some wind from correct direction, but only 7kts. A little turbulence but not like the report above that's for sure! But it wasn't like it was super clear, no wind or wind from opposite direction, etc. It was "plausible". Wish they would fix the gusts, I don't ever seem to experience gusts of wind 😞

Capture102620.jpg

Edited by KERNEL32

21 hours ago, roi1862 said:

I'm still amazed it wasn't fixed last patch. And if I read the dev update correctly, it won't be fixed even in the upcoming one.

Agreed. I was perfectly content without lightning and thunder before. Since they "fixed" it, I find it extremely annoying so Ive temporarily gone back to X-Plane until this is fixed...

21 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

Not sure if this has been shared before (surely it has!) but I just noticed the other day that my in-game server feed had "Asia" or something and latency was 250ms lol. I'm in Florida so since using the "East" server, my live traffic has been great, and the weather has seemed better too. Not enough days to test yet. But the weather and traffic appear to be linked (makes sense, both on-line), and when performing well, they both perform well - or at least better since using "EAST".

I just tried KNSA though and there were clouds and some wind from correct direction, but only 7kts. A little turbulence but not like the report above that's for sure! But it wasn't like it was super clear, no wind or wind from opposite direction, etc. It was "plausible". Wish they would fix the gusts, I don't ever seem to experience gusts of wind 😞

Capture102620.jpg

Where did you see this setting?  I can't find it

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

44 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Where did you see this setting?  I can't find it

Leftmost button with your gamertag on it at the menu ribbon (top of the screen).

1 hour ago, Evros said:

Leftmost button with your gamertag on it at the menu ribbon (top of the screen).

Thanks

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

https://unrealweather.blogspot.com/

Works for me until a fix.  Metar's don't include Winds Aloft data so the developer adds in random winds aloft which is sufficient for me.  

1.5 he was a little bit heavy on the gusts so Planes were really bouncing around but 1.6 has settled that down quite a bit.

Worth a shot, and it makes waiting for the Lightning Bug to be fixed a lot more tolerable.