Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Update #5 Delay

UPDATE #5 DELAY

POSTED BY: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR TEAM

release-delay.jpg

We encountered some issues related to the autopilot across various planes right before we were set to release Update 5. We decided to take some extra time to address the issues to ensure that everyone will enjoy this update. It’s going to take a few days, but it is close!

-The MSFS Team-

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 17
  • Upvote 1

On the last minute...? ohh well...

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben

Better to be safe than sorry, can't imagine the number of complaints if Asobo did not see the issue before the release.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 12

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

fair enough 👍

waited a few months for that key to go so a couple of days won't hurt haha!!

Edited by UKflyer
  • Upvote 1

Good for Asobo for delaying this patch.  They are learning.  I would rather wait a few days for a more stable patch than another patch with severe "show stopping" bugs that make the game unplayable.

• Like 8

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Better delay than release buggy patch!

• Like 4

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

The damage a broken update would have done to MSFS is considerable, so they've made the right call.

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

This is a good sign that they are making more extensive testing before release, and as they said last month, two weeks is not enough time for that. Since it is the first Simulation Update and a major patch (Content Manager says 1.10.4.0), I think some more patience will pay off in this case. It is highly probable that we will get the patch notes, or even the patch itself, with the next Development Update in two days.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Better delay than release buggy patch!

Since they don't believe in hot-fix's i tend to agree. Waiting another 2 weeks with broken systems is bad.

Edited by roi1862
  • Like 2

Roi Ben

1 minute ago, roi1862 said:

Since they don't believe in hot-fix's i tend to agree. Waiting another 2 weeks with broken systems is bad.

The said delay is for  few days, so may be Friday?

• Like 1

I have to wonder if these are new AP issues, or if the QA people have finally managed to reproduce AP pitch instability issues that people have been pointing out for several updates now.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Just now, Andreas Stangenes said:

I hope they "discovered" the broken IFR across multiple planes 😄

"Broken IFR" is when non rated instrument pilot ends up in the cloud! LOL

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

The said delay is for  few days, so may be Friday?

I really hope no later...

• Like 1

Roi Ben