Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

I'm so glad that I'm just a VFR Pilot

49 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Flightbeam is working on KIAD and there's a version of TNCM in development that I've been following that I'm really excited about sharing when it becomes available.

Everything from FlightBeam, FlyTampa and FSDT is a day one purchase for me. I only hope that Martin gives us TFFJ and SABA again also (although they are both quite nice in sim already). TNCM, not so much... it sorely needs their touch.

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

Tried it after first HF but decided to stick with P3D v 4.5. I like the way PTA makes P3D v4 looks and feel. Too many add-ons that needed updating. Chose to wait for MSFS and I'm glad I did.

yeah thats going to take some time getting things all up to speed with the latest build. 

1 minute ago, cavaricooper said:

Everything from FlightBeam, FlyTampa and FSDT is a day one purchase for me. I only hope that Martin gives us TFFJ and SABA again also (although they are both quite nice in sim already). TNCM, not so much.

C

The TNCM I want will also include Grand Case.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

This sim has been worth every penny I paid. I'm so glad that I fully transitioned from P3D v4.5. Each day there's a new area to explore and the the best part is that it's the most stable sim I've ever used.

It’s gorgeous for VFR flying, there’s no doubt. And you can literally explore the world! I’ve been thinking about Africa, the Shetland Islands, Japan, Australia and NZ - places I’ve never seen but would love to. The scenery is so good it’s like a virtual word to explore. Pretty awesome. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Heck...I flew IFR with you the other day, remember?

1st we went to this Rock

yNxtIB.jpg

Then this one...

te5FOE.jpg

Then these....

77Jita.jpg

now THAT was an IFR flight plan if I've even seen one!

In fact, I had so much fun that afternoon on that IFR flight...I tried it again at dusk...and it seemed to get BETTER! 🙂

SvMfmQ.jpg

uj9jgE.jpg

oAZStJ.jpg

\

That is absolutely stunning. No other word for it. 

• Like 1

I cant put myself in a specific group like VFR or IFR i had decided to recognize each aircraft’s current missing features and just figure things out and FLIGHT and have a TON of fun . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Holy smokes those are some beautiful shots...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Heck...I flew IFR with you the other day, remember?

1st we went to this Rock

yNxtIB.jpg

Then this one...

te5FOE.jpg

Then these....

77Jita.jpg

now THAT was an IFR flight plan if I've even seen one!

In fact, I had so much fun that afternoon on that IFR flight...I tried it again at dusk...and it seemed to get BETTER! 🙂

SvMfmQ.jpg

uj9jgE.jpg

oAZStJ.jpg

\

Heck !! Where is that ?.. Care to share ?

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

3 hours ago, SAPilot said:

Heck !! Where is that ?.. Care to share ?

As @DJJose provided the link....head there and grab it, fly around be amazed at the price you paid for it. 🙂 

Don't even get me started with all the great freeware out there....I can't stop flying and taking pics....have a ton of others I haven't processed to post here yet I've been so busy flying and with real world stuff.  

One other great freeware contributor is @VFXSimmer with his Yosimite scenery.  Here is his work-in-progress on El Captain...

y6WfVA.jpg

He's doing all of Yosemite but @cavaricooper and I only had the 'Cap loaded to test it for him on this flight.  Our freeware community is throwing out so much good stuff, its difficult to justify payware stuff sometimes...even though I fully agree its necessary in a lot of cases, and I have much of it from the established devs out there who've been serving our community since the beginning.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

7 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Even random take-offs at my home airfield in a 172 can look really good some days.

Stunning shot Glenn!  By far, this sim will captivate anyone with its default, out of the box environmentals, especially at dawn/dusk.  And that default 172 steam gauge panel...payware quality all day long.  Love the lighting rheostats to set the panel to just the right lighting.  Flew at night in a dark room for 2 hours the other night....started with the panel almost at full brightness...by the time I was done and my night vision kicked in....had the panel light off and just a faint glow in the internal instrument lighting...was an awesome experience. 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

As @DJJose provided the link....head there and grab it, fly around be amazed at the price you paid for it. 🙂

Have you checked out Zion National Park?

http://www.allflightmods.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020/msfs2020-scenery/zion-canyon-national-park-utah-v1-0/

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

19 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Breezed by it when I was browsing the other day...on the list to explore...just not enough hours in the day yet...hehe.  Looking at Bryce Canyon too!  Its a veritable smorgasbord out there!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg