Sign in to follow this  
ah2511

P3Dv5.1 and VR

40 minutes ago, Alex8118 said:

Hi, I use prepar3d V5.1 with hp reverb g1, but I have a problem, I can only use VR in stereo mode, because I try to activate single pass mode, the hp reverb screen turns black. What can I do?

Are you using EnvShade because it does that. There is a work around on the toga forums. If not, try deleting your shader cache and try again.

10 hours ago, peteregan3 said:

hi

just tested, OVRServer doesn't go above 1.7% when in P3d using oculus and steam.  i have beta enabled and steam vr version 1.15.12. 

also i run OCULUS graphics setting 'preference - performance' and STEAM  resolution at 170% if that is of any help.

I just solved possibly all the problems I had with Rift S by getting an PCI-E USB 3.0 card with a SATA power connector. Tested it last night and it worked perfectly in XP11, and no more object shaking (wobbly head tracking). I will check CPU usage tonight, as I suspect it was induced by using USB 3.1 on my MB.

EDIT: the CPU usage stays the same. 😕 It jumps around 3-6% while I'm in Oculus Dash.
I'm starting to think my CPU isn't good enough (8086k @ 5.0ghz locked).

Capture.png

Edited by Pe11e

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

5 hours ago, Pe11e said:

I just solved possibly all the problems I had with Rift S by getting an PCI-E USB 3.0 card with a SATA power connector. Tested it last night and it worked perfectly in XP11, and no more object shaking (wobbly head tracking). I will check CPU usage tonight, as I suspect it was induced by using USB 3.1 on my MB.

EDIT: the CPU usage stays the same. 😕 It jumps around 3-6% while I'm in Oculus Dash.
I'm starting to think my CPU isn't good enough (8086k @ 5.0ghz locked).

Capture.png

have you tried the 'oculus homeless' option in OTT? might free up some resources for you.  it just stops the loading of the room environment with the dashboard, you can still go to your room by pressing the left controller menu button if you want to. here's some info about homeless,

all the best, pete.

@peteregan3

Yes, enabled Homeless via OTT, that is the first thing I do after reinstalling Oculus. 

Also enabled Performance graphic mode in Oculus, usage is now 3-4%, a bit lower. I don't see any difference in clarity whatsoever. 

Still confused about Performance VS Quality modes, as both are giving higher resolution that Rift S physically has. It is possibly some kind of SS. 

Best regards 

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

here's my usages, it may help to compare. i recorded the MAX usages in both cases. 1st is in oculus dashboard, 2nd is in steam dash (with oculus running of course)

9RxzKLp.jpg

hZeqF2B.jpg

Question to all the WMR users here:

I just got my Reverb G2 (looks stunning in P3D!) and after about 15mins of no activity the HMD would go into sleep mode and kill steamVR and also P3D.

I found that I could set "screensavermodeenabled" in the registry and that turns off the screen instead, preventing the crash.

My question: the screensaver will activate while I'm using the headset (normally after about 15-20mins). Pressing Win+Y twice (so I go in and out of HMD input mode) seems to fix it (although sometimes it needs a few presses). Is this because I've turned off Win+Y to allow keyboard/mouse input into P3D? It's like it's ignoring the proximity sensor... Is there any way to fix this?

Cheers

Edited by ah2511
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ah2511 said:

I just got my Reverb G2 (looks stunning in P3D!) and after about 15mins of no activity the HMD would go into sleep mode and kill steamVR and also P3D.

I found that I could set "screensavermodeenabled" in the registry and that turns off the screen instead, preventing the crash.

My question: the screensaver will activate while I'm using the headset (normally after about 15-20mins). Pressing Win+Y twice (so I go in and out of HMD input mode) seems to fix it (although sometimes it needs a few presses). Is this because I've turned off Win+Y to allow keyboard/mouse input into P3D? It's like it's ignoring the proximity sensor... Is there any way to fix this?

Cheers

Frustrating isn't it. Sounds like a bug. You can't even disable VR mode and walk away because I found that also causes instability. If you can get the screen saver hack working it is a much better solution than I have which is to put the headset in a dark ventilated box for those long flights when I want to be away from the pc.

6 hours ago, ah2511 said:

Cheers

I use this for over 2 years now. Works great. I do not have seen any screen issue (burning in etc.) 

Prevent HMD from going IDLE and SLEEP

The registry key that overrides the timer value is at:

Key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Holographic

Create a new entry REG_DWORD

With Value: IdleTimerDuration

Data The Mixed Reality Portal idle timer specified in milliseconds

VALUE

Save

Source:
https://forums.hololens.com/discussion/10152/deactivate-sleep-function-on-windows-mixed-reality-headset

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, mpo910 said:

I use this for over 2 years now. Works great. I do not have seen any screen issue (burning in etc.) 

Prevent HMD from going IDLE and SLEEP

The registry key that overrides the timer value is at:

Key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Holographic

Create a new entry REG_DWORD

With Value: IdleTimerDuration

Data The Mixed Reality Portal idle timer specified in milliseconds

VALUE

Save

Source:
https://forums.hololens.com/discussion/10152/deactivate-sleep-function-on-windows-mixed-reality-headset

Hey Marcus

How long do you normally leave the HMD idle for? I sometimes will go to sleep and I’m a bit nervous about leaving the screen on for 7-8hrs, especially since I’ve heard one report on burn in on the G2 already.

Cheers

8 hours ago, ah2511 said:

Hey Marcus

How long do you normally leave the HMD idle for? I sometimes will go to sleep and I’m a bit nervous about leaving the screen on for 7-8hrs, especially since I’ve heard one report on burn in on the G2 already.

Cheers

I had the G1 prior and now the G2. Sometimes 6 to 8 hours. You can turn the VR off in P3D than you have almost black background from steam VR. Should be no problem I thin.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I have given up on VR and P3D.  Yeah it works, but how is LM even using this with Varjo Headsets (that is what I am trying to get), but the FPS are not up there once I keep adding addons.  I need fluid 80fps+ for a project that I am working on.  Sigh.  Right now with Rift S.  It is okay.  I wish Unity Engine or something is used or we just have to wait to P3Dv6 or 7 for hardware to provide fluid fps.  Few more years sigh

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

3 hours ago, Skywolf said:

I have given up on VR and P3D.  Yeah it works, but how is LM even using this with Varjo Headsets (that is what I am trying to get), but the FPS are not up there once I keep adding addons.  I need fluid 80fps+ for a project that I am working on.  Sigh.  Right now with Rift S.  It is okay.  I wish Unity Engine or something is used or we just have to wait to P3Dv6 or 7 for hardware to provide fluid fps.  Few more years sigh

Just lock the fps to 27 and use ASW, that is the worst case, but it works. Best middle solution is to lock to 40fps and use ASW, but it's hardly reachable in all scenarios, especially with airliners.

• Like 1

Hi owners of WMR and Reverb, Today I installed 460.79 drivers (I recived also SteamVR for WMR update).

I checked  sync: pre render option and it looks like it works now in v5 and with WMR!

Now I go to sleep but for my test flight - 30 minutes everything was ok without any jittery on this sync option like before.

Wow. Very good frametimes (a lot better than Update sync). I hope its not placebo, try it and back here :biggrin:.

vVrsA9ih.jpg

EDIT - Ok, second test after resterting the sim, the same, smooth like a butter ... so maybe this driver improved something for this missing option for WMR or this last Steam VR update. Btw. I set up pre render frame in NVidia panel at 3 also.

Hope this continues, oh, and I haven't had a drink before (or too much), just one beer. :biggrin:

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2