Sign in to follow this  
ah2511

P3Dv5.1 and VR

59 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Maybe in PBR cockpit textures planes?

I'll check. Maybe yes.... I noticed it also on 2D screen, not only in VR, but in VR is very visible.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

From NVidia (about drivers and magneta issue):

Small update everyone. Our team is still root causing the issue. Unfortunately we have not yet determined which change introduced this issue so unfortunately our next driver scheduled for later this month will not have a fix for this. If there any other updates, I will make sure to share it with everyone here.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Today I installed Envshade (for P3D5.1, it was on sale in Cyber Monday 😉 ) and works ok in VR*. Just short test, I see a little blue haze, something like it was on PTA (I miss that option in P3Dv5). The water also is brighter I think.

Do9Vukuh.jpg

ee9ttfYh.jpg

yesterday it looked like this without Envshade:

mtSKrhXm.jpg

* for single pass sync check this topic and do backup of this file https://www.togaprojects.com/forum/envshade/single-pass-vr .

I have to try here with different options, so far I've only increased the sky saturation. Notice: I fly in VR EA=off.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

22 hours ago, YoYo said:

Today I installed Envshade (for P3D5.1, it was on sale in Cyber Monday 😉 ) and works ok in VR*. Just short test, I see a little blue haze, something like it was on PTA (I miss that option in P3Dv5). The water also is brighter I think.

Do9Vukuh.jpg

ee9ttfYh.jpg

yesterday it looked like this without Envshade:

mtSKrhXm.jpg

* for single pass sync check this topic and do backup of this file https://www.togaprojects.com/forum/envshade/single-pass-vr .

I have to try here with different options, so far I've only increased the sky saturation. Notice: I fly in VR EA=off.

Hi Yoyo is the bright horizon effect the same at night . Going to try out again today as only use stereo mode.

Edited by cannow

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

I did something like this (looks nice in VR), EA=off only:

Fg4ZCiRt.jpg

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

So, testing new Envshade in legacy mode, looks good and FPS is around 100-140 with default Cub, 70-80 with A2A, etc. That is a good number to use 30fps with ASW forced via OTT, it's smooth. The thing is, I can only use Stereo, as Single-Pass gives me black screen for some reason, in both Oculus and SteamVR modes. Single-Pass is a must for airliners, and to keep the fps above 30. Not sure what's happening, I'm starting to doubt that Envshade isn't fully VR compatible. 

Any tips? 

Cheers

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

35 minutes ago, Pe11e said:

So, testing new Envshade in legacy mode, looks good and FPS is around 100-140 with default Cub, 70-80 with A2A, etc. That is a good number to use 30fps with ASW forced via OTT, it's smooth. The thing is, I can only use Stereo, as Single-Pass gives me black screen for some reason, in both Oculus and SteamVR modes. Single-Pass is a must for airliners, and to keep the fps above 30. Not sure what's happening, I'm starting to doubt that Envshade isn't fully VR compatible. 

Any tips? 

Cheers

For the black screen: Did you try turning off 3d Mesh within:

P3D Running

Menu VR 

VR Settings

Hide 3d Mesh (checked)

It must be in the same section as single pass and stereo settings.

I don´t recall the exactly "menu names" but I hope you do find it anyway.

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 12/3/2020 at 1:18 PM, YoYo said:

I did something like this (looks nice in VR), EA=off only:

Fg4ZCiRt.jpg

Good morning YoYo!

Did Envshade solved the glossy ground behavior? Or is that only with EA on visible normally?

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

6 hours ago, mpo910 said:

For the black screen: Did you try turning off 3d Mesh within:

P3D Running

Menu VR 

VR Settings

Hide 3d Mesh (checked)

It must be in the same section as single pass and stereo settings.

I don´t recall the exactly "menu names" but I hope you do find it anyway.

Marcus

HI. 

Yes, I tried with 3d mesh option on/Off. I will check again, maybe I didn't hit the right combination. 

Thanks. 

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

On 10/30/2020 at 1:45 AM, mpo910 said:

I have outstanding and smooth experiences with WMR VR HP reverb above dense areas too.

Smoothnes got optimized and the jittery effect which was still a bit noticable within V5.0HF2 is gone.

Marcus

Could you share your Reverb settings?

I was getting unplayable stutters when I moved my head until I turned off Prerender in the VR settings. Now I can actually see some of the smoothness you describe.

Edited by DennyA

DennyA
Fake planes flown: MSFS / P3D v4.x / FSX / X-Plane 11 / Aerofly FS2 / IL-2 / DCS / FlightSafety 737-200 full-motion (Aloha 243 cockpit) / a zillion old sims
Real planes flown: Mooney 231, Cessna 310, F-15D (back seat), T-34B (front seat) 

Ancient computer magazines I wrote about flight sims for: Computer Gaming World, Computer Games/Strategy+, Compute!, AmigaWorld
Rig: Core i9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32GB, HP Reverb G2, Winwing HOTAS and Turtle Beach pedals

I am noticing that anytime I don't disable Asynchronous Space warp I am getting stutters on the windows looking out. In the cockpit everything is smooth. Is there a way to permanently disable this on the Oculus Quest 2? I have an RTX3090. i6700K 64GB RAM. P3D5.1 set on a SSD.

I am actually starting to question if I want to use a VR headset or not. It seems that it's nothing but a headache and I have until February to return it but. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Just checking some stats when my Rift S is plugged in and when I'm in Oculus Home - OVRServer CPU usage is around 5-8%, and with other processes, it can go to 10% total, not to mention when I open SteamVR before running v5, it can actually go up to 15-20% of CPU usage in total! No wonder P3D or XP11 can't breathe properly and deliver stable performance. Now doing a complete reinstall of Oculus in hope I will see a normal CPU usages.

Just wondering, can anyone check the CPU usage of OVRServer when in P3D or in Oculus Home? I would like to know is it something related to my system or it's just Oculus bad optimisation.

Ah yes, just one thing - did you guys enabled BETA branch in Oculus Home? Also, what is the version of SteamVR you are using? Latest?

Cheers

Edited by Pe11e

On 12/7/2020 at 4:02 AM, Pe11e said:

Just checking some stats when my Rift S is plugged in and when I'm in Oculus Home - OVRServer CPU usage is around 5-8%, and with other processes, it can go to 10% total, not to mention when I open SteamVR before running v5, it can actually go up to 15-20% of CPU usage in total! No wonder P3D or XP11 can't breathe properly and deliver stable performance. Now doing a complete reinstall of Oculus in hope I will see a normal CPU usages.

Just wondering, can anyone check the CPU usage of OVRServer when in P3D or in Oculus Home? I would like to know is it something related to my system or it's just Oculus bad optimisation.

Ah yes, just one thing - did you guys enabled BETA branch in Oculus Home? Also, what is the version of SteamVR you are using? Latest?

Cheers

hi

just tested, OVRServer doesn't go above 1.7% when in P3d using oculus and steam.  i have beta enabled and steam vr version 1.15.12. 

also i run OCULUS graphics setting 'preference - performance' and STEAM  resolution at 170% if that is of any help.

Hi, I use prepar3d V5.1 with hp reverb g1, but I have a problem, I can only use VR in stereo mode, because I try to activate single pass mode, the hp reverb screen turns black. What can I do?