Sign in to follow this  
ah2511

P3Dv5.1 and VR

31 minutes ago, Pe11e said:

Just lock the fps to 27 and use ASW, that is the worst case, but it works. Best middle solution is to lock to 40fps and use ASW, but it's hardly reachable in all scenarios, especially with airliners.

Thanks for this.  Will do

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

7 hours ago, YoYo said:

Hi owners of WMR and Reverb, Today I installed 460.79 drivers (I recived also SteamVR for WMR update).

I checked  sync: pre render option and it looks like it works now in v5 and with WMR!

Now I go to sleep but for my test flight - 30 minutes everything was ok without any jittery on this sync option like before.

Wow. Very good frametimes (a lot better than Update sync). I hope its not placebo, try it and back here :biggrin:.

vVrsA9ih.jpg

EDIT - Ok, second test after resterting the sim, the same, smooth like a butter ... so maybe this driver improved something for this missing option for WMR or this last Steam VR update. Btw. I set up pre render frame in NVidia panel at 3 also.

Hope this continues, oh, and I haven't had a drink before (or too much), just one beer. :biggrin:

Morning YoYo! At least in Germany it´s morning now. I just saw your post and thought let´s give it a try. After I updated to this driver 2 days ago I already thought it was smoother with "update" mode already. I tested this with "pre-render" mode in VR settings and I could gain Frametimes also, without this jittery view! THAT is great news!

I would like to thank you for sharing. With my new Reverb G2 it is very smooth and everything in the headset looks 4k sharp! 

I just landed in GCLP (Gran Canaries) and my experience was never so smooth before.

Have some nice flights now!

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Morning YoYo! At least in Germany it´s morning now. I just saw your post and thought let´s give it a try. After I updated to this driver 2 days ago I already thought it was smoother with "update" mode already. I tested this with "pre-render" mode in VR settings and I could gain Frametimes also, without this jittery view! THAT is great news!

I would like to thank you for sharing. With my new Reverb G2 it is very smooth and everything in the headset looks 4k sharp! 

I just landed in GCLP (Gran Canaries) and my experience was never so smooth before.

Have some nice flights now!

Marcus

Thx for confirmation!

Yep, I was thinking I was too tired to noticed the previous issue on this kind of sync. Now it works great, better frame rate ane frame time than DCS ;D. On the diagram I see still repeted peaks but they are short and orange, not long and red as it was. It doesn't have much or no effect on performance. I noticed also that this  jittery is present as it was on Ultra water (it doesnt solved yet) on 30xx so still I use High water. There is less of it but still its present. So looks like finally P3Dv5 in VR starts to work super smooth :biggrin:. Maybe I need more tests but now, even in bad weather, it works really fine.

Surprisingly, it turned out not to be LM's problem but NVidia... holly word not allowed! :laugh:

Btw.

Is it any reason from your side to change G1 to G2? Im still happy with G1, no any cable, tracking ect issues. I use external speakers or my own headphones. But honestly please :wink:.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

20 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Thx for confirmation!

Yep, I was thinking I was too tired to noticed the previous issue on this kind of sync. Now it works great, better frame rate ane frame time than DCS ;D. On the diagram I see still repeted peaks but they are short and orange, not long and red as it was. It doesn't have much or no effect on performance. I noticed also that this  jittery is present as it was on Ultra water (it doesnt solved yet) on 30xx so still I use High water. There is less of it but still its present. So looks like finally P3Dv5 in VR starts to work super smooth :biggrin:. Maybe I need more tests but now, even in bad weather, it works really fine.

Surprisingly, it turned out not to be LM's problem but NVidia... holly word not allowed! :laugh:

Btw.

Is it any reason from your side to change G1 to G2? Im still happy with G1, no any cable, tracking ect issues. I use external speakers or my own headphones. But honestly please :wink:.

Nice! Yes I have water on High too. 

The G2 has following significant benefits compared to G1 for me:

1. The Image is MUCH more clearer. Farther looks and less pixelated! Imagine like having higher AA, but setting in P3D and Steam are still the same (2xMSAA and 150% in Steam)
  2. Sound is MUCH better. Full basses and headphones not tough the ears! That is really great and comfortable. You environment sounds (other persons at home or tv) don´t disturb you although your ears are NOT covered. great experience
  3. The HMD is way more comfortable! Really fitting very well. Soft sitting on your face. Bette balanced
  4. MUCH better colors and way more less godrays and ghosting. This is really remarkable. Especially the corlors are so beautiful
  5. BIG sweetspot. Really BIG. It does not matter anymore if your HMD is not sitting 100% correctly. Your sweetspot is big enough to handle

My most important ones are clarity, sound and comfort. 

I sold my G1 for good money. I got my G2 for +/-550 EUR minus EUR 50 Cashback = 500 EUR

Marcus 

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 12/11/2020 at 4:22 PM, mpo910 said:

I use this for over 2 years now. Works great. I do not have seen any screen issue (burning in etc.) 

Prevent HMD from going IDLE and SLEEP

The registry key that overrides the timer value is at:

Key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Holographic

Create a new entry REG_DWORD

With Value: IdleTimerDuration

Data The Mixed Reality Portal idle timer specified in milliseconds

VALUE

Save

Source:
https://forums.hololens.com/discussion/10152/deactivate-sleep-function-on-windows-mixed-reality-headset

Thanks mate. I played with this setting and I am pretty sure now that the screensaver defaults to a 10s timeout, and if I don’t move enough for that period it kicks in. Setting the value you mentioned to 15mins seems to stop the black screens (screensaver uses this value instead now) and still turns off the screen when I’m away for more than 15mins, which is nice. Headset seems to stay cooler too.

I’ll do some further testing to confirm.

if anyone is interested more info on WMR screensaver here https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/comments/hovkkc/does_the_screensavermodeenabled_registry_key/https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/comments/hovkkc/does_the_screensavermodeenabled_registry_key/

12 hours ago, YoYo said:

Hi owners of WMR and Reverb, Today I installed 460.79 drivers (I recived also SteamVR for WMR update).

I checked  sync: pre render option and it looks like it works now in v5 and with WMR!

Now I go to sleep but for my test flight - 30 minutes everything was ok without any jittery on this sync option like before.

Wow. Very good frametimes (a lot better than Update sync). I hope its not placebo, try it and back here :biggrin:.

vVrsA9ih.jpg

EDIT - Ok, second test after resterting the sim, the same, smooth like a butter ... so maybe this driver improved something for this missing option for WMR or this last Steam VR update. Btw. I set up pre render frame in NVidia panel at 3 also.

Hope this continues, oh, and I haven't had a drink before (or too much), just one beer. :biggrin:

Hey Yoyo

I tried 460.79 with WMR and had jitters and then DXGI HUNG error 😞 reverting to 457.51 solved it.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 11:27 PM, ah2511 said:

Hey Yoyo

I tried 460.79 with WMR and had jitters and then DXGI HUNG error 😞 reverting to 457.51 solved it.

Exactly the same problem here on a 2080TI Reverb G1 460.79 first jitters then DXGI HUNG. Thanks for reporting it. Bizarrely I could fix the jitters if I took the focus off the P3D window then it became perfectly smooth. On cleaning and installing 457.51 no problems.

Edited by glider1

On 12/14/2020 at 4:40 AM, glider1 said:

Exactly the same problem here on a 2080TI Reverb G1 460.79 first jitters then DXGI HUNG. Thanks for reporting it. Bizarrely I could fix the jitters if I took the focus off the P3D window then it became perfectly smooth. On cleaning and installing 457.51 no problems.

Also @ah2511

Did you have the windows "Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling" activated?

Here you can find that setting:

1. Right mouse click on desktop
  2. Choose "Display settings"
  3. Scroll down and choose "Graphics settings"
  4. Turn "Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling" off

Because your "issue" I had too, as long as I had this setting "active/on".

I turned it off to get the smooth experience.  

Try it, it is worth it every penny! You MUST restart your computer after you turned it off. 

For the DXGI Hung you must have Bathlemetry in P3D Menu "unchecked" and trueglass.dll, in the P3D root directory "gauges" named to trueglass.dll.off

These both settings are also known causes of DXGI Hung errors.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Yes thats true, this option must be OFF for VR.

windows-10-hardware-scheduling-setting.p

something broke it recently that causes motion reprojection (WMR) to not work well on Auto.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

btw. new NVidia drivers are UP Today - 460.89.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

56 minutes ago, YoYo said:

btw. new NVidia drivers are UP Today - 460.89.

I just installed and tested them 10 min in FSLABS. Worked fine again. Smooth. Did not make any performance comparisons. But my first impression was equal performance with the prior driver. Unfortunately there is still this nvidia known magenta line stutter here and then. 

They listed it as known issue with steam vr. They should really fix this too. 

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

6 hours ago, mpo910 said:

I just installed and tested them 10 min in FSLABS. Worked fine again. Smooth. Did not make any performance comparisons. But my first impression was equal performance with the prior driver. Unfortunately there is still this nvidia known magenta line stutter here and then. 

They listed it as known issue with steam vr. They should really fix this too. 

Marcus

Thanks Marcus tried 460.89 with hardware scheduling off. Performance in sim appears normal on VR setting "update" which it wasn't before so that is good. However it judders on VR setting "pre-render". This is on a 2080TI Reverb G1 W10.

I have these settings in WMR:

"motionReprojectionMode": "none",

"motionReprojectionIndicatorEnabled": false,

I have these settings in Nvidia for P3D:

Prefer maximum performance

Any other settings that need to be on to enable VR pre-render in P3D?

3 hours ago, glider1 said:

Thanks Marcus tried 460.89 with hardware scheduling off. Performance in sim appears normal on VR setting "update" which it wasn't before so that is good. However it judders on VR setting "pre-render". This is on a 2080TI Reverb G1 W10.

I have these settings in WMR:

"motionReprojectionMode": "none",

"motionReprojectionIndicatorEnabled": false,

I have these settings in Nvidia for P3D:

Prefer maximum performance

Any other settings that need to be on to enable VR pre-render in P3D?

What do you have in Motion Reprojection corner in WMR (view in HMD only in 3D environment, controller only) and in SteamVR per application? Screen pls.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

On 12/2/2020 at 12:48 PM, YoYo said:

* for single pass sync check this topic and do backup of this file https://www.togaprojects.com/forum/envshade/single-pass-vr .

I seem to be a bit dense. Can you tell me again what I need to do with that file to get Envshade to work in single pass? Do I need to delete it (after making a backup)?

Thanks to everyone in this thread btw for the valuable information!

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

I seem to be a bit dense. Can you tell me again what I need to do with that file to get Envshade to work in single pass? Do I need to delete it (after making a backup)?

Thanks to everyone in this thread btw for the valuable information!

I finally got Envshade working with single pass and the look of the sim greatly improves in my opinion. You have to

1. log onto the Toga website and go to the forum thread (/forum/envshade/single-pass-vr) then download the zip of the original shaders. 
  2. clear the shader cache in Envdir
  3. apply the shaders in Envshade
  4. replace the file FuncLibrary.fxh in the \Prepar3D v5\ShadersHLSL folder with the downloaded original version
  5. run the sim and let it compile the shaders as per normal

You have to follow steps 2-5 each time you want to make a change to the shaders.

Realise this is a hack and may not work. Unfortunately the developer is taking a long time to sort this out.

On a side note blown away that Chaseplane supports immediately visible HDR changes in VR including brightness and saturation on the fly with a slider which means you get even greater range of control and you don't have to stop the sim going to the P3D menu and waiting for HDR to update.

Edited by glider1
  • Like 1