Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

The latest release is really amazing for me....

Because I'm doing GA and usually not even using any autopilot, the main improvements I appreciate are the new controller sensitivity setting screens. Easier to control especially on take off rolls.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Really nice update. AA looks terrific. Was able to back off TAA to 6x, maybe even lower. Everything very smooth, except for the turbulence, which seems very good, if that has changed. My old 1060 card seems to handle things well. Am going to take a look at the night lighting now.

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

Just adding my 2 cents!

This is an excellent update from what I've been able to test thus far. No issues and some nice small improvements (aa, loading, water, reflections, lighting, general performance, etc.) Very pleased that we seem to being going in the right direction again. Cheers!

• Like 2

4790k / 16gb / 1080ti / lotsa ssd's / 1440p / TM Warthog & Tflight Pedals 

19 hours ago, Manny said:

I suspect, you guys are not using any Addon Liveries, and keeping your install Asobo Virgin meaning...no mods?

Your point being?

I use several mods and plenty of addon liveries (those seem to be broken at the moment, though).

It seems that with every release performance is improved. 

With my old GTX 970 I had to scale down my native 3840x2160 to 50% to keep my FPS at 20-23 (was at about 30 with the same settings at 60% of Render Scaling before the update, and was about 40 before all the updates), however at 50% of Render Scaling and with FPS 23 it looks and feels like at 60% with FPS 30 before. Clouds are definitely more pixelated now for me. Night lights look more natural but a bit too bright for my taste (yes, I agree that there is a need in some atmospheric effects here, IRL lights may look as bright as here and not as bright depending on atmospheric transparency). From the beginning there are no night lights for sea traffic, except flashing trails after small boats ant it looks that big vessels do not move at all. AI air traffic... in my case it works only for the airport of departure(I checked at Dubai only so far and there were a lot of planes to/from this airport but other ports were empty. Traffic planes switch off Nav lights after landing.

LODs for trees looks strange - they pop up just in front of my plane at every setting - it is like not being able to see a cap of coffee in your table when you try to take this cap.

Edited by Tory

21 hours ago, Manny said:

As far as night lighting, Its like that only during infinite visibility, we have to add some atmospheric layers on top. We do not want Asobo to bake in atmospheric to night lighting. Some people just don't get it. 🙂

Ofcourse it doesn't look like that in real life cause, in real world, you do not have infinite visibility. there is always a layer which may have to be added outside of night lighting

The problem is that currently haze, scattering, humid and such, are not simulated. Meaning that indeed we getting unlimited visibility all the time unless in a cloud.

Thats part of the problem why people complain about blurry textures in the distance. They simply don't notice they are looking 200km away.

Roi Ben

3 hours ago, roi1862 said:

The problem is that currently haze, scattering, humid and such, are not simulated. Meaning that indeed we getting unlimited visibility all the time unless in a cloud.

Thats part of the problem why people complain about blurry textures in the distance. They simply don't notice they are looking 200km away.

Sure..Then we should ask them, please give us better atmospherics. I've requested a visibility parameter for presets...from 30 feet-200 miles visibility

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Your point being?

I use several mods and plenty of addon liveries (those seem to be broken at the moment, though).

It seems that with every release performance is improved. 

You are asking them to support every addons...which may or may not comply with their SDK..whatever they have so far.

They could easily say, please remove all addons we do not officially support. They are totally entitled to that. They have no obligation to support a livery I uploaded, that breaks their sim. It would be impossible for them to enchance their products if they have to worry about Mo shmo's add on liveries. This is why folks here say, prior to uploading any updates, clear out your community folder. and if it works at that point Asobo and MS are done.

So the only real issue they have is the mods they did for some USB controller issues

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Worked well for me too.  The only issue I have with all the updates is it really screws up my Radeon settings with the 3 monitors.  Eventually I get it sorted but it's a real pain.

Yes, this is a very good update, definitely a step in the right direction.

I have a noticeable increase in AI, definitely not a placebo effect.

New TAA makes a marked improvement in visuals, like the new sharpening effect.

Night lighting improvement a plus, though a couple of small tweaks will make it even better.

Water reflections are nice, and water itself is improved though haven't been near an ocean yet to see if waves are better.

Trees draw distance - I use my own modified vegetation files for trees and shrubs along with increased LOD settings in the Usercfg file. To my surprise, there may have been a subtle change in the rendering process for trees, because with no new changes on my part, trees no longer do any "popping in" in the distance, but rather just "fade in" instead to the effect that they are just "there" as I fly. I have only made a few flights thus far, but noticed this with the first new flight and again with my next couple of flights as well, so this will bear further observation. I do use an aggressive LOD setting, which some dispute as really working, but I have done my own testing and know it has a definite effect on draw distance of trees when combined with my modified vegetation files. Anyway, a nice bonus surprise with the new update that I will watch further. I am actually surprised no one else seems to have noticed this so I will watch this a little more closely to make sure I am not seeing things that aren't actually there. 😉

Glad a new hotfix is imminent to help those with CTD's so they can enjoy the new update. 😊 IMO, its a winner.

Ken