Sign in to follow this  
flying_w

Update 1.10.7.0 Performance Loss - Render Thread

Those who suffer from worse performance after the patch probably have old graphics cards, newer graphics cards can handle TAA without major problems.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

For what it's worth, I have figured out what was causing the increase in stutters in my case.

A couple of updates ago, I had found that turning on v-sync in-game and setting frame rate limit to 60 was giving me the smoothest experience.

But after this update, I was seeing an increase in long frames and stuttering. I have found that turning off in-game v-sync has smoothed things out for me again. I don't seem to see any screen tearing either.

If you have in-game v-sync turned on, give it a try.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Did not see any performance degradation on my rig, all good.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

4 hours ago, Novation said:

If people feel so inclined, you can download bloat free drivers from Guru.3d in the drivers forum. All the unnecessary junk is removed for you.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/457-09-clean-version.433367/

[SOLVED]

Thanks Novation,

uninstalling nvidia drivers and a clean install from that site, solves my problem. I still have a couple of FPS less than previous patch, but the diference now is accectable and Rdrthread values are back to previous patch numbers, around 10 to 15ms.

The image quality, clouds mainly, is worst than before but I guess thats another problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Those who suffer from worse performance after the patch probably have old graphics cards, newer graphics cards can handle TAA without major problems.

Well I have an RTX 3080 and my performance is worse - because there is a higher CPU load for some reason. TAA has nothing to do with CPU spikes and CPU bound frame rates.

9 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

Because the game now uses TAA which it didn't before

TAA has always been an option, I used it and it made a difference from the other anti-aliasing options such as DLAA. Now "NEW" TAA has been implemented. It is obviously stronger now which lowers FPS, so you might need to make other adjustments in the sim such as lower anisotropic filtering and texture supersampling, and whatever you have overriding with Nvidia control panel.   

Edited by desbean

A few people in the official forums are reporting that turning off MFAA from the NVIDIA Control Panel fixed the render thread bottleneck, might be worth a try.

Apparently MFAA disables the driver's ability to issue a DirectX 11 command list, which reduces performance in CPU-bound games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

A few people in the official forums are reporting that turning off MFAA from the NVIDIA Control Panel fixed the render thread bottleneck, might be worth a try.

Apparently MFAA disables the driver's ability to issue a DirectX 11 command list, which reduces performance in CPU-bound games.

Think i found my problem not Fxaa as it was already off, but turning off MFAA in the nvidia control panel has fixed it for me.
I now have the same fps as I had before the update over London now with the same settings in game as before in fact it seems more smooth and stable than before the patch

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

4 hours ago, AmeliaCat said:

GTX 1070 here,  mix of high and ultra   fps the same for me rendering does seem better.

+1 = same experience.  1070.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Did not see any fps drop after the patch, in fact a slight gain everywhere. Don't know why.

Ultra everything except glass cockpit rendering to LOW.

1080p monitor, super 2600 gpu, ryzen -3600 cpu

fps from high 30's to low 50's, except up high where there's no ground scenery and fps are much higher.

(at 1080p fps are never an issue on most systems, but the resolution picture quality is also not as sharp anywhere).

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.