Sign in to follow this  
Concorde79

Latest patch made the TBM fly tilted.

I am flying the TBM now, its straight and level no problems.

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

How come the issue is corrected when I hit the LVL button on the AP and goes tilted again when I push the HDG or NAV?

16 minutes ago, Concorde79 said:

How come the issue is corrected when I hit the LVL button on the AP and goes tilted again when I push the HDG or NAV?

Concorde, there is a possible explanation for the above, but have you set your dead zone yet on your controller?  There is only so far people can go to try to help you.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, Concorde79 said:

Default settings on the yoke. Nothing changed from before last patch.

dn2iLWV.png

Like I said...dead zone. Try 4%

IMO 70% is way to high also. But each to their own.

Not even my TM Warthog and TPR are set to 0%, all set to 3% dead zone..

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If your controller/Yoke/Flight stick is even slightly worn or uncalibrated you will be guaranteed to have issues like tilting on an axis if you don't have a dead zone to account for it. Please heed the advice or at leasttry to use your peripheral's calibration utility then remove and re introduce the device to the sim. If no one else can replicate the problem you're going to have to try the other suggested options to get your solution.

Your second option is to wait for Asobo to provide the CTD fix and keep your fingers crossed that somehow it fixes your issue since the CTD's on startup have to do with usb peripherals and profiles. (I would still run a calibration though just to make 100% sure the problem is not on my end and put a 1-2% deadzone to add some margin)

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Added dead zone and adjusted sensitivities on my yoke and rudder. Still got the tilting to either direction.

I unplugged my yoke and rudder and reset config on FS2020. Still same effect.

When autopilot is on and NAV or HDG mode is engaged the rudder seems locked in either direction as in my picture. When I press the LVL mode it corrects itself.

My rudder and yoke work as normal in X-Plane 11.

• Like 1

Just now, Concorde79 said:

Added dead zone and adjusted sensitivities on my yoke and rudder. Still got the tilting to either direction.

I unplugged my yoke and rudder and reset config on FS2020. Still same effect.

When autopilot is on and NAV or HDG mode is engaged the rudder seems locked in either direction as in my picture. When I press the LVL mode it corrects itself.

My rudder and yoke work as normal in X-Plane 11.

Have to wait to see if the whatever Asobo comes out with fixes your issue then im afraid.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

A lot of people in this thread are saying their TBM's are flying fine. Which would lead me to believe there is something wrong within your specific setup. Probably hardware related? Drivers? Are you able to test your flight gear on a different simulator? 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Doesn't the sim ignore all joystick axis input (regardless of deadzone and sensitivities) once you turn on the a/p? Unless MSFS works differently in this regard then, technically, he should be able to deflect the stick or rudder as much as he wants without it effecting anything. Sounds like MSFS doesn't work that way anymore and is still "listening" to control input even with a/p on?

2 minutes ago, hangar said:

Doesn't the sim ignore all joystick axis input (regardless of deadzone and sensitivities) once you turn on the a/p? Unless MSFS works differently in this regard then, technically, he should be able to deflect the stick or rudder as much as he wants without it effecting anything. Sounds like MSFS doesn't work that way anymore and is still "listening" to control input even with a/p on?

nope.. you can knock the plane out of A/P mode by smacking the joystick hard over...  ask me how I know 🙂  Also a couple of patches ago, I was having a similar problem to the above and solved it by a) setting deadzones  and b) cleaning the joystick that was developing a "dirty" input.

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Upvote 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 hour ago, Concorde79 said:

dn2iLWV.png

Your horizontal and vertical curves on axis X and Y seem to be off.

The curve is lower on the left side compared to the right side.

Maybe this could be what is causing your problem.

AMD 7900X  |  ASRock Steel Legend X670E  |  G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 6000  |  MSI 6950XT  |  Noctua NH-D14  

EVGA Super NOVA 850W  |  Cooler Master HAF932  |  Hisense 43" 4K UHD  |  Win11

2 hours ago, Concorde79 said:

dn2iLWV.png

This is weird. Shouldn't the X and Y curves be symmetric given the sensitivity - and + are the same in your configuration? I mean, this may be completely unrelated to your problem, and it definitely isn't your fault, it just looks like Asobo should have another go at these curves.

I just checked, it's definitely symmetric for me when I use your settings. Maybe you can find a way to try and reset the joystick sensitivity profile... not sure though how this can be done. on another thread I saw people mentioning the location of the config file for the sensitivities, this might be a starting point.

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Edited by pstrub
double post, please remove

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600