Sign in to follow this  
Concorde79

Latest patch made the TBM fly tilted.

5 hours ago, Concorde79 said:

Frustrating because this is the third patch where Asobo breaks the TBM autopilot. She used to be a very nice plane to fly until patch#3. Before patch#3 I could climb up to FL310 and no problem whatsoever. Now TBM autopilot is a mess.

Oddly, the TBM autopilot has been stable (as have all the autopilots) in all the patches for me...  there are some things I would like added, but I have never had an autopilot failure on any flight on any aircraft since release except when the Garmins went blank during flight which was not an A/P issue

I humbly suggest, and perhaps this makes me a funboy as well, that if every patch is breaking your TBM autopilot, that there is something wrong on your end and not a fault of the sim.

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

What is really strange is that in the pic above, the plane is banked left and the rudder seems to be to the left as well, yet apparently the plane is flying straight and not turning left? Normally with a left bank you would need right rudder to fly 'straight'. So the plane is not doing what it should be doing given the configuration of the control surfaces regardless of 'why' the control surfaces are what they are. So I agree something seems really messed up. The only other thought I had was since the latest update has controller profile problems, by any chance do you have more than one controller hooked up -- like a yoke and a joystick that might be in some kind of conflict because of the controller profiles bug in the update even though only one is 'selected' to be active with the TMB 930? Even so, why this would only show up with the AP on I don't know. An experiment I would try would be to disconnect your controller once the AP is on and see what happens.

Why only some are having this problem after the latest update is also very strange. Other than the above controller disconnect experiment, at this point I would wait to see what happens after the coming Hotfix.

Al

Edited by ark

On 10/30/2020 at 5:18 AM, Concorde79 said:

After the patch#5 my TBM is climbing tilted to the right and doesnt get straight...

Let us know if the just released Hotfix fixes the problem.

Thx,

Al

Has anyone noticed the following bug as well? When you press the ALT button and the altitude jumps up to a ridiculous altitude? For example: 50,000ft and then you can no longer control the V/S correctly, continues to increase instead of decreasing. 

Edit: Looks like this is due to the measurement setting they included recently. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/altitude-hold-issues-with-g1000-g3000/311923

Edited by MattGarner

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

well......i thought at first that all was well.  2 minutes into flight, ap went crazy.  I've been all over the place with control sensitivities to no avail.  Thought maybe it was just me and so I let AI fly.  AI did ok for a couple of minutes then rolled over and went straight in. 

So much for the interim fix......

Experienced the same TBM rudder deflection problem after the last update. Introducing 4% into the dead zone across all axis seems to have corrected the issue.

Capture-JPG-1.jpg

Capture-JPG-2.jpg

my ten minute test,

Turn on Developmer Mode to change planes on the fly.

pick anywhere on map not an airport and select that as departure, change plane to TBM, and fly.

use Control-1 key to bring up the instrument views and then punch the A key to cycle the Instrument views until the AP view is centered. Start playing with the AP.

What I found is exactly the problem reported by the OP, the plane turns left for no good reason.

Change planes with director mode window to Cessna 172 g1000 and the problem went away and could not make it happen with the AP settings.

Changed back to the TBM and the problem came right back.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

6 hours ago, Fielder said:

my ten minute test,

Turn on Developmer Mode to change planes on the fly.

pick anywhere on map not an airport and select that as departure, change plane to TBM, and fly.

use Control-1 key to bring up the instrument views and then punch the A key to cycle the Instrument views until the AP view is centered. Start playing with the AP.

What I found is exactly the problem reported by the OP, the plane turns left for no good reason.

Change planes with director mode window to Cessna 172 g1000 and the problem went away and could not make it happen with the AP settings.

Changed back to the TBM and the problem came right back.

I also tested with other planes and they flew no problem. Just the TBM had the AP problem.

Also tested with joystic instead of yoke and same problem again and no problem with other planes.

Switching to LVL mode in AP made the TBM fly level. Switching to HDG or NAV mode made the TBM tilt. No change in adjusting sensitivities etc.

Asobo broke the TBM autopilot yet again.

On 10/30/2020 at 7:37 AM, Concorde79 said:

Tried to change fuel to MAN but still have the tilt-

Just changing the fuel feed will not correct any fuel imbalances that are already there.

Has someone posted this on the zendesk?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

21 hours ago, MattGarner said:

Has anyone noticed the following bug as well? When you press the ALT button and the altitude jumps up to a ridiculous altitude? For example: 50,000ft and then you can no longer control the V/S correctly, continues to increase instead of decreasing. 

Edit: Looks like this is due to the measurement setting they included recently. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/altitude-hold-issues-with-g1000-g3000/311923

No problems at all with the TBM for me, flying straight and level, and autopilot working as expected, including ALT.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, desbean said:

No problems at all with the TBM for me, flying straight and level, and autopilot working as expected, including ALT.

If you didn't change the measurement setting from US then it should work as normal. 

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

so last night, in a final effort to tame the wing down TBM, I set all the controls back to default and then let AI fly the plane.  It worked..!... so, next I set the controls similar to the suggested post from HeavyApproach (5 or so messages ahead of this one) and hand flew.  The autopilot is back where it once was.   Prior to the last patch and hotfix, I had been using the Legacy flight model.  I changed that back to Modern BEFORE resetting to default.  I've only flown one flight since then, but had no issues, so I think the default may have straightened things out. 

• Like 1

I'm not noticing the tilt at all but what I'm seeing is a slight abrupt pitch up or down when switching on the AP. My procedure is setting Altitude to what ATC demands and then VS to 2000 fpm for example, then whenever I want to quit hand fly I switch AP on, there's where this manifests.

BTW all my controllers are mapped and calibrated through FSUIPC

Edited by SergioN

Sergio Naiberg

1 hour ago, anitelite said:

so last night, in a final effort to tame the wing down TBM, I set all the controls back to default and then let AI fly the plane.  It worked..!... so, next I set the controls similar to the suggested post from HeavyApproach (5 or so messages ahead of this one) and hand flew.  The autopilot is back where it once was.   Prior to the last patch and hotfix, I had been using the Legacy flight model.  I changed that back to Modern BEFORE resetting to default.  I've only flown one flight since then, but had no issues, so I think the default may have straightened things out. 

Thanks ! Will test this later today.

Atleast I am not the only one who's TBM AP is broken.