Sign in to follow this  
desbean

satellite data in the US

22 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Update 7 is the US world update and per the Dev Q&A will have a new digital elevation model (1m or better) and new otrho imagery for many parts of the US)

THAT is what I’m hoping will solve these issues!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

On 11/7/2020 at 8:25 AM, desbean said:

Lots of those "alien artifacts" in SW Virginia. There is a giant one just NW of KROA that disappears when you get within a couple of miles of it. Dozens of them west of smith mt lake, and the lake has lots of "waterfalls".

Catching up on some Youtube flight videos and found this one that might be of interest to you.  It is a video from 310pilot, and Kevin and Jamie recently flew from their home base of ops at Aurora, Illinois, to Smith Island Lake.  Here is a link to the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzMd0FQVgEM

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I'm actually refraining for spending time flying US until the US update comes out. It's soon and I want to enjoy my time with the new updated scenery. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

On 11/7/2020 at 3:45 PM, fppilot said:

Actually that red color comes from my alma mater...  Which had a very good afternoon...

image.png.a9658cb6079b194eeaf3b85ed8a15af4.png

Oh my....we should not even be talking.  My wife went to Michigan and was a Nurse Practitioner for 20 years at the U of M Medical Center.

Hehe...I'll hide the screen if she comes in the room so she doesn't see this post. 🙂  

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

For the US, it just varies. I would say Colorado and California are the 2 best areas for PR scenery in the West (and some of WA state as well, mostly western parts). I haven't done that much flying around Oregon yet. LA to San Diego looks amazing, absolutely incredible. If you haven't done this flight, I highly suggest it. The most mountainous regions are often problematic or less consistent at least, but Colorado imagery is pretty good if you add a high cloud layer to tone down some of the contrast. For the west, the flatter (but hilly) states like around Western Nebraska also look pretty good, and so does the area around and especially just north of Denver.  Fort Collins, CO and to the east of there is some of the highest quality PR in the game, but as soon as you get too far west the quality goes back down slightly. However, Telluride to Durango or Telluride to Aspen is really good if you stay between the mountains.

Montana and Wyoming aren't all that great, some of it is ok though, and Idaho is also hit or miss depending where you are at. Utah has some good areas (mostly North of SLC).

Honestly, I've seen major PR issues in almost every country I've flown in, Japan has less issues, but it's a relatively small place with a high population and it's really not all that mountainous other than around My Fuji. Even Norway looks great one minute and like total crud the next in some areas.

I would say the most problematic areas are not even in the continental US, but Northern Canada to Alaska is probably the most problematic area in the game I've seen thus far, with some scenery even missing in the Klondike areas, where you just get black spots everywhere or really weird looking tiles around the Alaskan / Canada border. Overall, I think the US is about average to above average compared to other countries for PR scenery in Bing. Google often has even worse imagery outside cities, even though some of their city data is much better than Bing.

Edited by SceneryFX

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram