Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

Reviews / infos about B.314 of PILOT's

Thanks for creating the B314 to begin with. It may have some issues right now, but it really is one kind of a plane.

Peter

On 11/12/2020 at 4:29 PM, IanFisher said:

Next is the radio's, despite being right next to a broadcasting NDB neither receiver will pick up the signal.

I think I just found the solution to this issue: the rear wall panel contains two switches for the radios. You need to set them to on before the radios work.

5 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

I think I just found the solution to this issue: the rear wall panel contains two switches for the radios. You need to set them to on before the radios work.

It may be that this only works if you use the 2D panels. Switching radio power on in the VC might not work

On 11/13/2020 at 3:12 PM, dragonflightdesign said:

IanFisher's list is a pretty-much complete listing of the reported bugs. I have already killed more than half of them (and a few other minor ones that have not been reported). As we genuinely believed the project to be complete, I am the only developer left and so everything reported (textures, fx, code, you name it) ends up on my fixit list. 

Hello Dragonflight,

could you confirm that the Sperry autopilot and the fuel tanks are indeed not working as you (the developers) expected? I am asking because I was able to solve/work around other issues that Ian mentioned (engines and radios work fine for me). I was unable to operate the Sperry as described in the manual, and I don't want to spend more time on it if it indeed needs to be fixed.

Thanks,

Peter

The gyropilot will try to do an inverted loop and yes, there's a hole in your wing tanks. You just can't hire aviation mechanics with the right skills these days.

Fixed here. I sacked the mechanics.

I wish the external cockpit glass had some more reflection effects. Having completely clear glass so it looks Ike the pilots sit out on the open has always been a pet peeve. Lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Yes as Ian Fisher and I have said, we think it's not ready yet. But we both love the aircraft for what it will be 🙂 Not exactly what it is now, so even though it needs work, we aren't hating on it without the appreciation for what's happened. I can say I'm super excited to do my first trans atlantic flight and to make some video tutorials on this bird once a patch comes in!

Also,

Does anyone know if the B314A model update is far off, apparently it should be coming with the BOAC liveries (which I'm personally really interested to get my hands on) 

I can't work on the B314-A until the B-314 is fixed and in a stable release, so no absolute answer to that. It's actually a much bigger change than you'd think; not just the liveries but new panels and instruments too.

On 11/21/2020 at 1:01 PM, Mantock said:

Ah ok, thanks for all your efforts!!

Adding my thanks as well, and looking forward to an update so we can fly this in all it's glory.

I have version 1.1 of the Clipper installed and some of the bugs of the pre release are fixed but I still cannot get the autopilot to stop commanding full rudder and spinning me out of control and I cannot pick up the radio ships supplied. Anyone know if those bugs are still being worked out? Thanks.

Just take a look here to have the latest new 😉

Gérard

Edited by gaab