Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo V3 RELEASED

18 minutes ago, Tektolnes said:

Are you adjusting your mixture? You have to lean it out as you climb. 

That was it many thanks.

In Roberts PDF under Mixture he says "A turbo-aspirated engine should not need require leaning until reaching medium altitudes" my mistake I took this too literally and didn't lean.  I have just tried a flight again under the same conditions, this time using Roberts leaning guide using the FF gauge and it worked a treat.

I new it had to be something stupid I was doing  🤔

• Like 1

Glen

2 minutes ago, GAJ52 said:

I new it had to be something stupid I was doing  🤔

Don't be too hard on yourself!  😁  I was used to 'auto-mixture' on FSX and never faced this problem myself until MSFS, and I had to have it pointed out to me.
I think it is a great part of the simulation now, and it is turning out to be much easier to control it all with a Saitek throttle quadrant I recently bought.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Love this aircraft.

40.png

Currently Touring North West Africa.

Screenshot-219.png

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

As Tektolnes says above, as you mentioned everything except mixture, I would say that is the problem, especially as nobody else has the problem. 
Too rich really stifles the engine power.

At any airfield that is significantly above sea level, you have to lean even before take off. !00% mixture at sea level is roughly equivalent to Beechcraft's recommended 20 degrees rich of peak. So as soon as you start to climb out you'll get optimum performance if you lean to around 93% and then back in the 80s by 4000 feet. While you shouldn't HAVE to, a lot of RW pilots do lean quite early. I recommend watching Martin Pauly's excellent video on Mixture theory and practice for the Bonanza Here:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Edited colour to Grey/Blue.

Screenshot-207.jpg

• Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just a reminder to everyone please donate to this project for Rob’s time and effort.  

Matt Wilson

7 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Just a reminder to everyone please donate to this project for Rob’s time and effort.  

What's the best way to donate

Glen

As per the pdf guide, please do not combine the three mods. The guide is there to assist you, not to bore you! The V3 mod is complete. Did you absolutely clear your community folder of everything except the V3 turbo? That would be a good start just in case there is something else interfering. If you still do not see any liveries then there has to be something wrong with your installation of MSFS. This mod was tested over and over again and the liveries showed every time.

In your simobjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36 folder of the V3 mod you should see 9 texture folders and 9 model folders. Those folders are absolutely vital in order to see the liveries. Did you change any files that link to the default Bonanza? Did you previously install another Bonanza mod? Did you reboot your computer after you attempted to add the other V1 and V2 mods?

If the mod is properly installed you WILL initially only see the default Bonanza when you choose aircraft in "change aircraft". After you have chosen what looks like the default Bonanza then click "BACK" you will then have access to all the added liveries. They should appear as thumbnails/images in a long row at the bottom of the screen.

Edited 18 hours ago by robert young

Robert,

Dually reprimanded for not reading the manual. I won't bore you with my series of mistakes. I would recommend that you include in the install instructions. That the previous MOD be deleted. I only found this out when I finally read the PDF manual. Unless I also missed it in their also.

For many year's,  I have enjoyed the quality of your work. Even before RealAir. But, for the life of me I can't remember what products you were involved in. Senior moment.

As you can probably guess. The problem is solved.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Love this aircraft.

40.png

Currently Touring North West Africa.

Screenshot-219.png

Nice shots.

What are you using to get the images into Avsim?

T45

12 minutes ago, macpilot said:

Edited 18 hours ago by robert young

Robert,

Dually reprimanded for not reading the manual. I won't bore you with my series of mistakes. I would recommend that you include in the install instructions. That the previous MOD be deleted. I only found this out when I finally read the PDF manual.

Bill McCracken

The readme does urge you to read the Manual.The advice to remove V1 and V2 is right there just below the install/uninstall section. Glad you got it sorted. Some pdf guides are hundreds of pages long which is probably what puts people off reading them. I try to keep mine reasonably short - 18 pages of large type in this case.

Edited by robert young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Testing image insertion.

G36 Turbo on its way from Key West to KATL, at dusk.

SoFly Jetstream East.

T45

aba-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

Nice shots.

What are you using to get the images into Avsim?

T45

https://imgbb.com/

• Like 1