Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo V3 RELEASED

I downloaded and installed this latest update. Called up the V3 Bonanza and made a short flight. So far, all is well.

Ray

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

37 minutes ago, raymar said:

So far, all is well.

Thanks for checking this out for us... will put right back in the Community Folder after updating tonight! 😃

Thank you for this update, Robert. I just tried my first flight with version 3. Everything is working nicely, and the plane flies beautifully. I switch between this mod and the G36 Improvement Project mod. They are both nicely done, but I enjoy the higher cruising speed in the turbo version. 

• Like 1

Hi. I am trying to install v3 with no success. Sorry if this has been posted before, but as I'm sure you can appreciate there are hundreds of posts on this subject. My problem is it won't show in Aircraft selection, it shows in Content Manager, but not in Aircraft Selection, just the default Bonanza with 3 liveries and a maximum height of about 5,670. I have a friend who has installed it in the advertised manner and all is fine. We went through the procedure together but to no avail. As this would be my goto Aircraft, any help would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Paulcoy said:

Hi. I am trying to install v3 with no success. Sorry if this has been posted before, but as I'm sure you can appreciate there are hundreds of posts on this subject. My problem is it won't show in Aircraft selection, it shows in Content Manager, but not in Aircraft Selection, just the default Bonanza with 3 liveries and a maximum height of about 5,670. I have a friend who has installed it in the advertised manner and all is fine. We went through the procedure together but to no avail. As this would be my goto Aircraft, any help would be much appreciated.

The clue here is that you see three liveries. That means you have another mod or somehow installed extra liveries. What do you have in your communities folder? Do you have any mod that refers to the default Bonanza? You cannot mix and match different livery sets without re-writing the layout json file which contains references to all the files the sim accesses.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Yes I had another livery installed for the Bonanza ( Can't remember from where ) and you are so right. Once I deleted it, everything worked brilliantly. Thank you for your quick response. Your work and efforts are very much appreciated by all of us. Many Thanks Paul

Edited by Paulcoy

Speaking of liveries and the V3 Turbo Bonanza I have an ethical/technical question primarily for @robert young's learned and wise input, please, although if there are known ways to address this I'm appreciative of anyone's input:

I have created two liveries so far targeted toward this excellent aircraft and for both of them, I've taken advantage of the new feature that Asobo has added to the panel.cfg file wherein you can define custom placement and color (sorry, colour 😉) of the aircraft registration number decals on the fuselage.  Despite some of the frustratingly cryptic methodology for this, I prefer this method at the moment since it allows users to enter their own reg #'s in the flight planner menu and they will show up properly on the aircraft.

This means the liveries must include a dedicated panel.x folder with the properly altered panel.cfg file, which is easy enough to do.  However,  the panel.xml file needs to be included in that folder as well.  Is it better to:

A) Include the panel.xml file from the default Bonanza G36 panel folder, in which case any special touches that have been added for the Turbo Bonanza V3 version will not be available for the livery, thus hobbling some of the improvements for the V3 mod,

B) Include the panel.xml from the Turbo Bonanza V3 panel folder, in which case the livery will be fully-featured in comparison to the other liveries provided with the V3 mod, but with the glaring concern that this can be considered  a partial redistribution of content that should only be sourced from the Turbo Bonanza V3 release (a line which I respect greatly and do not want to cross),

C) Just include instructions in the README file included with the livery, advising users with the Turbo Bonanza V3 mod to copy the panel.xml file over manually, which the 80/20 rule of life means 20% of the users will not do and thus have a potentially hobbled, albeit purty-looking, aeroplane...

D) Other solution? 

TIA...

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

26 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Speaking of liveries and the V3 Turbo Bonanza I have an ethical/technical question primarily for @robert young's learned and wise input, please, although if there are known ways to address this I'm appreciative of anyone's input:

I think it is fine to tweak or add to an xml file. It's really more about intention rather than just action. If someone has made something different in a significant way and added skill/time/innovation then I always ask the author whether I can use his or her modification and if the answer is no then I don't push my luck. It's a question of whether you are straight copying someone else's ideas that took them a long time to make, rather than things like legality or copyright. The last international set of copyright laws established the notion that you can claim a copyright through a significant change or meaningful interpretation of someone else's work, provided it really does add something unique. 

But since the core copyright of most sim files resides in Microsoft and Asobo, we are all trusting that because they want third parties to create stuff they do not get upset about the odd file here and there that is a repeat of default files. FSX and FS2004 survived and thrived because of Microsoft's very tolerant attitude to 3rd party content. Indeed they knew that the key to FSX's longevity was to encourage such things.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

A single and very basic question: it's the Turbo Mod v3 already compatible with the recent MSFS Update 6?. Is there a compatibility work under development?.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

20 minutes ago, edpatino said:

A single and very basic question: it's the Turbo Mod v3 already compatible with the recent MSFS Update 6?. Is there a compatibility work under development?.

Thanks, Ed

Yes it is compatible.

Edited by robert young
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, robert young said:

...If someone has made something different in a significant way and added skill/time/innovation then I always ask the author whether I can use his or her modification and if the answer is no then I don't push my luck.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.  Would it be OK then if I use the panel.xml (not the panel.cfg) from your Turbo Bonanza V3 release, which I am assuming you have made edits to since it has a very recent file timestamp, in my livery distribution?

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

11 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.  Would it be OK then if I use the panel.xml (not the panel.cfg) from your Turbo Bonanza V3 release, which I am assuming you have made edits to since it has a very recent file timestamp, in my livery distribution?

Yes of course. As long as you don't re-distribute the whole MOD! Good luck with your own mods.

• Like 1

Great work Robert. Huge improvements over stock. I'm not a pilot, but I can tell this is way more realistic.

Not related to this plane, but my only issue in FS 2020 with planes and controls is my rudder sensitivity settings (just using Logitech joystick) seem to vary between different planes a bit while on the ground, some planes are just so much more sensitive. Like the King Air feels about right, most of the other planes feel wonky, maybe just my joystick.

Edited by SceneryFX

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

54 minutes ago, SceneryFX said:

Great work Robert. Huge improvements over stock. I'm not a pilot, but I can tell this is way more realistic.

Not related to this plane, but my only issue in FS 2020 with planes and controls is my rudder sensitivity settings (just using Logitech joystick) seem to vary between different planes a bit while on the ground, some planes are just so much more sensitive. Like the King Air feels about right, most of the other planes feel wonky, maybe just my joystick.

If it is any help, you can actually create different profiles with different sensitivity and save them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

If it is any help, you can actually create different profiles with different sensitivity and save them.

Thanks, yah I just reinstalled the game yesterday and will eventually do this, just been a bit lazy.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram