Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo V3 RELEASED

9 minutes ago, edpatino said:

But still think Asibo would have to find who is the saboteur inside their team 🤣, honestly.

I heard a rumour a couple of guys from the Avsim P3D forums may have got some work.

• Like 1

I'm still enjoying the Turbo Bonanza a lot, and honestly, I don't find the new autopilot to be a deal-breaker. Sure, it turns very slowly, but not so slowly that it's completely unusable. And the pitch control is much quicker than the heading control. It will follow a glideslope with no trouble. It usually doesn't turn fast enough to properly intercept the localizer, but after a few gradual s-shaped turns, it will line itself up nicely. 

I would urge use of the AP at this point, only as a simple wing leveler.  FLY the aeroplane through all the interesting bits and bobs... then when tracking inbound to a distant VOR, engage the AP (and maybe use ALT HOLD also).  Use the time to self-brief the arrival, and then actually FLY the airplane again.  Should you decide to engage the AP once tracking the LOC, it does a good job.  The sliver lining for this cloud, is that we are all reminded that automation is an extra.  Every aeroplane, even a 747-436 will fly with all the automation turned off... SIDS and STARS all have the necessary data for manual flight (headings, DME etc.) and lo and behold, it may come as a pleasant surprise when you break out and happily find you are at the correct airport after actually hand flying the aircraft.

It doesn't hurt that the G36 TN and the DA62 both hand fly beautifully after @robert young's handiwork. Perhaps some of us will use the time to divest ourselves from the constant self-feeding of Milk of Magenta.

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

My altitude knob has disappeared from the Bonanza (V3).  I have the latest g1000 mod.  Anyone have a clue how to restore it?

Quick question for anyone in the know as to how this addon works.

Is the Working time garmin mod required or can i use the default units that were included in the sim?

The reason i am asking is that i have not installed any mods or addons  really (just 2 a320 liveries)  and this will be the first addon ac that i am installing for this sim. I would like to keep it as uncomplicated as possible for troubleshooting down the road for when Asobo strikes again.  So i just want to dip my toes in and try to enjoy the props and bizjets while i wait for my dream aircraft (Airbus A350/ 787-9) to arrive on the scene. Ive given up on the A320 (Asobo breaks the systems too word not allowed often)

Nevermind just installed it...

two words

OH MY !!

Thank you!!! not really a prop fan but this is excellent work !!

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

30 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Quick question for anyone in the know as to how this addon works.

Is the Working time garmin mod required or can i use the default units that were included in the sim?

The Bonanza mod works with or without the G1000 mod.

I would suggest getting both!  The Track up feature on the G1000 is worth the install all by itself... not to mention that you can now turn off Synthetic Vision on the PFD.. 😉

• Like 1

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

The Bonanza mod works with or without the G1000 mod.

I would suggest getting both!  The Track up feature on the G1000 is worth the install all by itself... not to mention that you can now turn off Synthetic Vision on the PFD.. 😉

Thanks ill give it a shot when i overcome the fear adding mods to the sim. Right now im really enjoying this prop .. doing vfr from mkjp to mkjs .. simply superb handling.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

59 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Thanks ill give it a shot when i overcome the fear adding mods to the sim. Right now im really enjoying this prop .. doing vfr from mkjp to mkjs .. simply superb handling.

I recommend using the 'MSFS Addon Linker'.  https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

It makes it super easy to turn mods off and on in just a click.  Since it uses symbolic links, there are no time-consuming file copy operations.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Just now, marsman2020 said:

I recommend using the 'MSFS Addon Linker'.  https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

It makes it super easy to turn mods off and on in just a click.  Since it uses symbolic links, there are no time-consuming file copy operations.

+1

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks gentlemen ill definitely look into it !

Hmm...well things are definitely "better" with the Legacy/Modern snafu fixed (thanks for that...I'd have been scratching my head for weeks on that). I am still having issues with my control inputs, however. When I apply constant - but gentle - bank force to the yoke, it's almost like the aileron deflection is progressively increasing (like the way the trim wheel behaves as you hold down the trim key/button, like a "repeat" key)...it's near impossible to just maintain a 30 degree bank through a standard turn. With no additional pressure the sim wants to keep accelerating the aileron deflection and will roll the aircraft over unless I apply counter pressure in the other direction where I experience the same effect. Holding a bank requires constant left/right gyrations/oscillations of the yoke. There's also no natural progression towards level flight when I release bank pressure and the yoke settles into the dead zone.

All my controls are currently calibrated in the sim. Does this aircraft require FSUIPC control of the inputs?

Edited by DAL1850

Robert, any panel modding experience? Perhaps we could get this added to the panel (the switch wouldn't really control anything) since this is the Turbo and would see 12000+ ft regularly.

panel.jpg

James

34 minutes ago, DAL1850 said:

Hmm...well things are definitely "better" with the Legacy/Modern snafu fixed (thanks for that...I'd have been scratching my head for weeks on that). I am still having issues with my control inputs, however. When I apply constant - but gentle - bank force to the yoke, it's almost like the aileron deflection is progressively increasing (like the way the trim wheel behaves as you hold down the trim key/button, like a "repeat" key)...it's near impossible to just maintain a 30 degree bank through a standard turn. With no additional pressure the sim wants to keep accelerating the aileron deflection and will roll the aircraft over unless I apply counter pressure in the other direction where I experience the same effect. Holding a bank requires constant left/right gyrations/oscillations of the yoke. There's also no natural progression towards level flight when I release bank pressure and the yoke settles into the dead zone.

All my controls are currently calibrated in the sim. Does this aircraft require FSUIPC control of the inputs?

What you're describing sounds like some kind of aircraft with a fly by wire system where the computer is translating stick deflections into bank angles.....

A GA aircraft with flight controls connected directly to the stick will increase in bank angle as long as aileron deflection is applied (as you observed), and stop banking when the stick is at neutral position, staying at whatever bank angle it is at (as you observed).  In order to level off, you have to apply opposite aileron to roll back the other way.  You should also need rudder input when rolling into our out of a turn, to overcome adverse yaw, but MSFS doesn't properly model adverse yaw, so you can make completely coordinated turns with just the ailerons...this is not realistic.

The yoke is directly connected to the ailerons which when deflected cause a moment about the axis of the aircraft.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

32 minutes ago, DAL1850 said:

Although most aircraft have a dihedral to stop instability in roll when you are already level. it is not really there to  automatically stop the wings from banking more when you turn, although there are some exceptions to this. As you turn your outer wing is creating slightly more lift than the inner so there will be a slight tendency to increase bank, especially if you use rudder also on the turn. It is perfectly normal to apply very slight opposite aileron to stop this. It only needs to be slight.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

2 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Robert, any panel modding experience? Perhaps we could get this added to the panel (the switch wouldn't really control anything) since this is the Turbo and would see 12000+ ft regularly.

panel.jpg

- If you are happy with a 2D and INOP representation it would be a 2 minute job to add the relevant bits to the panel texture file, probably bottom RHS where there is space.  it would look OK for normal distance and pilot position but obviously be a bit substandard if you zoomed in on the switches or viewed from the co-pilot seat.   This 2D "fudge"  is the sort of quick and dirty mod that is easy to create and might be suitable for people to download separately so long as they are aware it will only look OK from one view position -  but I very much doubt Rob would see something like that as being acceptable quality to ship with the main Turbo Bonanza mod.

- To add additional 3D switches and gauges to the default panel is of course a much much bigger job.

- To also make them functional is of course a seriously major job. You are adding systems,  oxygen and an emergency beacon, to an aircraft that does not currently have either.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick