Sign in to follow this  
robert young

Bonanza Turbo V3 RELEASED

So - any ideas as to why the mod isn't working? I've removed all mods, rebooted, put in the mods I posted, restarted the sim and... still no Turbo...

I'm beginning to wonder if any of the mods are working in my installation?

Randall Rocke

1 minute ago, RandallR said:

The G1000 mod is easy to check... if you get a "Track up" display in the G1000 MFD, it is working.

Bert

Thanks, Bert.  I'll try all of these things, including the G1000. Though I've run (supposedly) the G1000 w/the 172, where would the "Track Up" be indicated?

I will note that I downloaded the Addon linker before but could not get it to function (it would just give me an error message). I'll download a new copy and try again.  I'll post my progress later in the evening.

Randall Rocke

39 minutes ago, RandallR said:

So - any ideas as to why the mod isn't working? I've removed all mods, rebooted, put in the mods I posted, restarted the sim and... still no Turbo...

Sorry to ask but are you putting the un-zipped folder into the community folder?

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

3 hours ago, RandallR said:

If none of them are working double check in game settings that you are using the right path to the actual current community folder.

Also try downloading the mod again. If there's a corrupted file in it causes the layout.json not to add up then it will not load.

• Like 1

James

4 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

Sorry to ask but are you putting the un-zipped folder into the community folder?

No. In fact, I don't unzip directly into the Community folder. I unzip all mods to a holding folder, then drag any mods I want to use into the Community folder before starting.

Randall Rocke

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

If none of them are working double check in game settings that you are using the right path to the actual current community folder.

Looking in the Developer module, it notes that the Community folder is in a long string off of drive C:\  However, that's not where I have the sim installed - it's on Drive D:\.  I went thru the entire path on C:\ and opened the Community folder there. Lo and behold, all my mods were there, even though I had placed then in the Community folder on D:\  They must be linked.

Randall Rocke

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

One more thing to try... use the MSFS Addon Linker, instead of copying folders into the Community folder.

https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

You will be much happier, once you have that tool installed 🙂

I'm happy to report that my latest attempt with the Addons Linker worked!  It's crazy that it wouldn't register when I placed the folders manually...

• Like 4

Randall Rocke

Just wondering, if the manifold pressure is still the same when I am climbing due to the turbo that regulate it, why do I need to adjust the mixture?

Is this a MSFS bug?

56 minutes ago, bendead said:

Is this a MSFS bug?

yes

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

yes

So, that bug carries over from FSX then, huh?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Just now, Gregg_Seipp said:

So, that bug carries over from FSX then, huh?

I believe so.  Kind of annoying huh?  Like I wrote in the other thread by PIC007 - there's many bugs...  frankly a lot of aerodynamic bugs... argh.  I guess what is so frustrating is how Asobo showcased the new flight model...  but it's badly broken for a lot of planes.  Thankfully I don't have a ton of time to fly these days so I'm pretty happy taking off from a local grass strip buzzing around and landing (maybe shoot an approach too).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |