Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Still waiting for P3DV5 5.1 HF1

5 hours ago, YoYo said:

You dont like boxed clouds? 😉

i1FBwh1l.jpg

hey, those real 3D-clouds where introduced in MSFS 5.2 in 1996. And if you take a look what we have today in Non-EA mode with aktive sky is just WOW! The issue with you guys is that you can´t apreaciate what you have an allways want just more and more and more....😪

@Ray Proudfoot Because what i have said can be left uncommented as the real and only truth, you could close this topic now!😁

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

Remember when people thought the hotfix would be released within a matter of days of the terrible 5.1 launch?

Looks like it’s lukewarmfix at best. 

I’ve pretty much stopped flying for now. I did a full install for 5.1 but I can’t get myself to install my hundreds of addons if I’m doing another full reinstall for 5.1hf1. 

Updating only the client rarely works well for me. 

Edited by flycln
  • Like 1

I am still hoping it comes out today b/c today I kinda have some free time to sim.  But chances are low if LM will release 5.1HF1 today (again this my assumption) only the Beta testers can leak the clues if the drop is imminent.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Hey, Cut LM some slack. They ARE putting a woman on the moon, after all. And trying to catch up with Elon Musk. "This is Houston to Orion. Yeah, we're still waiting on that hotfix to get you guys back home. Maybe tomorrow."

58lABE.jpg

• Like 1

Also hoping for a hotfix before the weekend. The pitch black cockpit makes 5.1 pretty much unusable for me

Manuel Miller

Did a funny (not so funny) trip in MSFS2020 today and came back to my P3dv5 HF2 to try out an old friend from the hangar . The QW787.

Forgot that it does the job so good  (specially comming from MSFS2020 :-)

Only nail i have is the GPU which doesnt kick in the cockpit (C&D state) (might be because of no parking brake ?) no available lights

😃

Ohh and even the forecast and metar from ASP3D works :-)

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

17 hours ago, BerndB said:

hey, those real 3D-clouds where introduced in MSFS 5.2 in 1996. And if you take a look what we have today in Non-EA mode with aktive sky is just WOW! The issue with you guys is that you can´t apreaciate what you have an allways want just more and more and more....😪

@Ray Proudfoot Because what i have said can be left uncommented as the real and only truth, you could close this topic now!😁

I see that you don't understand the problem and what is going on so I explain you. Nobody is talking about non EA here, did you notice it? Non EA is ok, agree (and no one is complaining about it, so why such a comparison) but writing about the fact that you have a non EA nevertheless is like comparing driving a passenger car to a truck ... These are two completely different things and please don't mix it up. Second, LM announced that EA is out of beta but .... clouds now looks worse that it was in 5.0, many boxed effect now. Is it ok for you? If yes so congratulation :biggrin: . It's just that LM shouldn't announce that it's a finish of beta, and beta testers maybe should report it more, although as I know a lot of people have reported it to LM during testes and this one released patch 5.1 anyway, so it's not to blame beta testers also.

• Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

15 hours ago, BestPlane said:

Also hoping for a hotfix before the weekend. The pitch black cockpit makes 5.1 pretty much unusable for me

I dont think that they will improve it personally. Its different lighting in whole 5.0v in EA and non EA. The problem is that developers didnt update his textures. This is especially true for models with PBR effects. P3Dv5 reads different DDS textures and his colours, especially "m" textures. Its possible to solve it but I think the ball is on developers side, not for LM. For v5 must be new set of interior textures, if the model hasnt dedicated textures for v5 and used the same like it was for v4, especially PBR it could be a problem. Ask developer for patch maybe. Here is the reason for example why A2A did different sets (and AH too) for P3Dv5 only for example.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I really wish simbol or Rob Ainscough could tell us something about the release date of v5.1 HF1...

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

34 minutes ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

I really wish simbol or Rob Ainscough could tell us something about the release date of v5.1 HF1...

You know as well as everybody else that there’s an NDA. 

11 hours ago, YoYo said:

I see that you don't understand the problem and what is going on so I explain you. Nobody is talking about non EA here, did you notice it? Non EA is ok, agree (and no one is complaining about it, so why such a comparison) but writing about the fact that you have a non EA nevertheless is like comparing driving a passenger car to a truck ... These are two completely different things and please don't mix it up. Second, LM announced that EA is out of beta but .... clouds now looks worse that it was in 5.0, many boxed effect now. Is it ok for you? If yes so congratulation :biggrin: . It's just that LM shouldn't announce that it's a finish of beta, and beta testers maybe should report it more, although as I know a lot of people have reported it to LM during testes and this one released patch 5.1 anyway, so it's not to blame beta testers also.

hey Buddy, keep calm and let someone explain to you what´s meant to be sarcastic, ok?! 

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

47 minutes ago, flycln said:

You know as well as everybody else that there’s an NDA. 

At least a small hint 🙁

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

On 11/13/2020 at 6:58 PM, BestPlane said:

On 11/14/2020 at 10:01 AM, YoYo said:

I dont think that they will improve it personally. Its different lighting in whole 5.0v in EA and non EA. The problem is that developers didnt update his textures. This is especially true for models with PBR effects. P3Dv5 reads different DDS textures and his colours, especially "m" textures. Its possible to solve it but I think the ball is on developers side, not for LM. For v5 must be new set of interior textures, if the model hasnt dedicated textures for v5 and used the same like it was for v4, especially PBR it could be a problem. Ask developer for patch maybe. Here is the reason for example why A2A did different sets (and AH too) for P3Dv5 only for example.

Here is example what I'm talking about. Authors should update textures of interiors dedicated to P3Dv5 only, and do not use the same textures from P3Dv4.5.

P3Dv4.5 was ok:

4vp58S3m.jpg

If I use the same textures from 4.5 in v5.1 are very dark, but second screen is improved version of the same textures in P3Dv5.1 too:

NTvRbSQ.jpg

So its possible. Always ask for update for developer. Maybe HT1 for 5.1 will change something but according LM is ok now so better not expect it.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Waiting for 5.1HF1 is ok, it will fix some things. If 3rdP developers also do some work.

That's fine.

The real problem is that with 5.2 everything can be different again and probably will. Once Milviz has finished adopting their aircraft to 5.1(HF1) in 2 months from now they might not work anymore 3 months later when 5.2 arrives.

It's a never ending story.

A friend of mine is still on FSX. Lucky guy?

Karl

• Like 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5