Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

Best use of a tablet ever

1 hour ago, Dutch1 said:

Richard, have you figured out how to increase and decrease numbers, like for instance, have a button for increasing the altitude, and lower the altitude. I see in the template  that lanti33 posted there are some buttons there that control this. Have you figured out how to program?

In my setup I do not have any of those buttons as I use my Saitek Radio & Switch panels 

I want to have a look at the config you mentioned so I will take a look and see if I can figure it out

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

3 hours ago, Dutch1 said:

Richard, have you figured out how to increase and decrease numbers, like for instance, have a button for increasing the altitude, and lower the altitude. I see in the template  that lanti33 posted there are some buttons there that control this. Have you figured out how to program?

I think one way to do this might be to actually use two buttons next to each other and turn on Maximize button space so the buttons touch each other. You then use a common icon for both buttons so it looks like one large button. Then program and label each button as needed e,g,, one to increase some value and the other to decrease the same value.

I presently don't see how to program 'one true button' to do different things depending on what part of the button you press.

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, ark said:

I think one way to do this might be to actually use two buttons next to each other and turn on Maximize button space so the buttons touch each other. You then use a common icon for both buttons so it looks like one large button. Then program and label each button as needed e,g,, one to increase some value and the other to decrease the same value.

I presently don't see how to program 'one true button' to do different things depending on what part of the button you press.

Al

"Then program and label each button as needed e,g,, one to increase some value and the other to decrease the same value." Well that's kinda my question. What are the steps to program them to change the number values.

18 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

"Then program and label each button as needed e,g,, one to increase some value and the other to decrease the same value." Well that's kinda my question. What are the steps to program them to change the number values.

I created 2 buttons one below the other. I named the top button 'ALT up' bottom button 'ALT down.

Then click on the ALT up button and assign the action virtual key press to 'Ctrl + Page Up.

Repeat for the ALT down and add the virtual key press 'Ctrl Page Down'.

John

28 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

You setup the button code so that when you press the button the necessary key sequence is sent to the sim. For example, according to the MSFS documentation, to Decrease Heading Bug you need to send the key combination Ctrl + Delete, and to Increase Heading Bug you have to send the key combination Ctrl + Insert. If you are asking how to have a button press send a key or key combination, there are lots of tutorials on how to setup a button, for example see https://www.touch-portal.com/blog/post/tutorials/get_started_with_touch_portal.php. BTW, when sending key presses, it is best to use the Low-Level Key Press action listen under Input in Touch Portal.

Al

Edited by ark

I asked it earlier alongside some other stuff but no one has mentioned it = Do the digital readouts flicker for others or is is just my setup?

No this was the best use of a tablet ever...!

Cause it was the first record of transportable written history!

tumblr_inline_pjzy16BKvv1qmsz1n_500.jpg

Edited by Kilo60
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Chris Camp

18 hours ago, dlh said:

How do you support (mount) the tablets?  I'm in the process of setting mine up. I'd like to mount mine a little lower.

Thanks

Hi,

I take this one, because you can adjust the hight from turning left or right also

(Left high, right low)

https://www.amazon.de/Callstel-Tablet-Halterung-Wand-Tablethalterung-weiß/dp/B00MMGC7G0

But they sold out at the moment, maybe look for alternativ

Stephan from Germany

My System

Does anyone know the key assignment for increasing/decreasing the map range on Citation Cj4 pfd? I'm trying to setup Matric on my tablet. 

I went with Sim Dashboard after comparing it with Matric and Touch Portal.

It was the cheaper of the bunch and does everything I need, it can send simconnect commands and can read some of the gauge statuses from the sim.
There are some free community MSFS templates available for download too

Thank you for the information. I'll give it a try. I'm finding matric quite good just difficult to map dials.

On 11/12/2020 at 10:47 AM, Richdem said:

You can make a backup which I did,

Let figure out how to share a file on here and I will post the one I have created which is working well so far for the TBM

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction to share the panel file

Thks

Hello first time posting but read all the entries about this here. I found this for setup for TOUCH PORTAL and MSFS last night its a little overkill for how I fly but you may find it works for you and its free.  https://github.com/HiDTH/FltSim-msfs2020-Control/releases

101246632-81198280-370c-11eb-81d5-12c30f

Geez that's great.  The only reason I bought a license in P3D for FSUIPC was to be able assign keys and controller buttons, but it sounds like these mobile apps might offer that and much more yes?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 2/13/2021 at 5:49 PM, joegolf said:

Hello first time posting but read all the entries about this here. I found this for setup for TOUCH PORTAL and MSFS last night its a little overkill for how I fly but you may find it works for you and its free.  https://github.com/HiDTH/FltSim-msfs2020-Control/releases

101246632-81198280-370c-11eb-81d5-12c30f

I also have this,

The great thing is I can easily switch between this and the more simple page I made for MSFS 2020. I also use my flight I'm rig for editing my drone footage with DaVinci Resolve and I created another page specifically for that. There really is so much you can do with this. My main flight sim tablet is a 2020 iPad Pro and I use a Huawei MediaPad for my other PC that runs Simtoolkit Pro, ActiveSky XP and all my other flight sim related software that I didn't want running on my main machine.

I want to see if I can share this as a family app as my wife wants me to build her a page for her iPad mini. I knew it was a mistake showing her what I had done lol

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png