Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

How I got my system to be stutter free...

@Maxis Eventually found, if you have read the thread you will see Gsync is not possible for.

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

1 hour ago, RobJC said:

...But if I could get a reasonably priced 3070 or 2080 Ti I probably would buy it.

Usually a day after you buy "xx70" GPU a brand new super realistic "PMDG 7X7" v5.0 arrives to the market and "stuttering" story starts from the beginning. It was like that and always will be! 😄

Edited by OSM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sauviat said:

@Maxis Eventually found, if you have read the thread you will see Gsync is not possible for.

It is very much possible for .. I copied and pasted your Monitor specs and checked. My question to you is. How are you connecting to the graphics card ? Display port or HDMI ? To use the Nvidia solution you need to be on display port and the feature has to be turned on within the menu settings on the monitor.

UPDATE !! Eww i take it back .. looks like you dont have a display port interface (So close!) Can you confirm ?

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

What worked for me is reducing road traffic.  Like others have said it's all in the settings in the sim especially if you have a decent rig.  You can't turn everything up and expect good performance.  At least not for another couple years.  That being said the sim looks good with what your rig can handle.  All this tweaking is more for the FSX days which I'm glade is in the past.

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

You don’t need Display Port for VRR/Gsync to work. Had no issues with my 2080S/HDMI 2.0b and CX48 with Gsync at either 4K RGB HDR 60hz or 4K 120hz 4:2:0 8bit SDR

1 hour ago, DaedalusX said:

You don’t need Display Port for VRR/Gsync to work. Had no issues with my 2080S/HDMI 2.0b and CX48 with Gsync at either 4K RGB HDR 60hz or 4K 120hz 4:2:0 8bit SDR

Unless something changed recently.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4767/kw/gsync hdmi/related/1

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4764/kw/gsync hdmi/related/1

Congratulations

Your manufacturer is the one and ONLY exception to the above rules. For every other monitor manufacturer the above applies.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

Cheers

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

@Maxis Yes, both the Omen and the Samsung have Display Port (DP) sockets, but neither came with a cable. If a cable were used, what, in effect, would I be achieving by doing this and would my NVIDIA Control Panel show something that is not there at present?

To be sure is the socket of the type which is rectangular, with one corner missing (like expired passports with one corner cut off)?

Thanks

Martin

Edit: I am using the HDMI cable.

Edited by sauviat
Other information

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

23 minutes ago, sauviat said:

@Maxis Yes, both the Omen and the Samsung have Display Port (DP) sockets, but neither came with a cable. If a cable were used, what, in effect, would I be achieving by doing this and would my NVIDIA Control Panel show something that is not there at present?

To be sure is the socket of the type which is rectangular, with one corner missing (like expired passports with one corner cut off)?

Thanks

Martin

Edit: I am using the HDMI cable.

For Freesync monitors GSync (compatible) mode must be set in nVidia control panel.

Make sure the setting looks like the following:

1sUyHtp.png

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

HP/Omen have just sent this to me for clarification:

• HDMI resolution: 4096x2160x24 bpp @ 60 Hz (HDMI 2.0)
  • DisplayPort resolution: 1.4a/7680 x 4320 x 36bpp @ 60 Hz
  • Virtual Link (USB-C) resolution: 7680 x 4320 x 36bpp @ 60 Hz

It was in answer to a question I posed. So should I get the Display Port cable?

Martin

Martin Parr

I have a Samsung C27f390 monitor which does not have a DP option. But in the monitor´s menu there is a Freesync option that I have never turned on. Based on this thread, I turned it on and noticed an improvement. However, in my NCP there is no any new options after the change. The surfing on the internet has also benefit from this, the sites open somehow quicker. What Vsync option should one use with this Freesync? I got now fast with my sim.

Tapani Österberg

21 hours ago, DaedalusX said:

Never said it was cheap. I said it works.

Well duh. 

8 hours ago, sauviat said:

HP/Omen have just sent this to me for clarification:

• HDMI resolution: 4096x2160x24 bpp @ 60 Hz (HDMI 2.0)
  • DisplayPort resolution: 1.4a/7680 x 4320 x 36bpp @ 60 Hz
  • Virtual Link (USB-C) resolution: 7680 x 4320 x 36bpp @ 60 Hz

It was in answer to a question I posed. So should I get the Display Port cable?

Martin

Yes .. get the Display port cable and do a clean install of the latest drivers then go to the menu Mr Fuzzy posted and enable those menu options.

13 hours ago, Virtpilot said:

I have a Samsung C27f390 monitor which does not have a DP option. But in the monitor´s menu there is a Freesync option that I have never turned on. Based on this thread, I turned it on and noticed an improvement. However, in my NCP there is no any new options after the change. The surfing on the internet has also benefit from this, the sites open somehow quicker. What Vsync option should one use with this Freesync? I got now fast with my sim.

If you have an nVidia GPU and that option does not appear in the control panel, then the monitor is running at fixed refresh. In fact you can't use GSync on that monitor without DP.

Any improvement is to be considered placebo, first of all the faster internet surfing.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

On 11/15/2020 at 12:08 AM, somiller said:

Gsync is the cat's meow with MSFS! So smooth it's like watching a movie when flying.

Interesting, I have quite the opposite experience. I actually have to turn G-Sync off in this game because of how low the FPS is it creates like a flickering screen sensation that is absolutely terrible. It was worse before I upgraded my GPU, so now I actually usually leave it on, but I do turn it off still at times.

6700K at 4.0GHz

32GB RAM

1080 Ti

Dell Gaming S2716DGR Monitor.

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

Game installed on 980 PRO

Main display Gigabyte M27Q X 27" 1440p 240Hz

4 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

If you have an nVidia GPU and that option does not appear in the control panel, then the monitor is running at fixed refresh. In fact you can't use GSync on that monitor without DP.

Any improvement is to be considered placebo, first of all the faster internet surfing.

I see, well that´s a pity then. Would it work if I get the DP cable and connect it with HDMI/DP adapter to my monitor? Don´t want to buy a new monitor.

Tapani Österberg