Sign in to follow this  
OSM

FlightSim Community Survey 2020 by Navigraph

This is the largest and most comprehensive Flight Simulation Survey in the world! By participating you are influencing the future of the community.

Participate in the survey

Last year's results HERE.

"13-23 November 2020 Navigraph is conducting a FlightSim Community Survey together with several major addon developers and organizations within the flight simulation community. The survey, the largest of its kind, aims to gauge the prevailing flight simulation trends and users' requests for future development.

Like previous years, this survey has an emphasis on the major flight simulators such as Microsoft Flight Simulator, Lockeed Martin Prepar3D and Laminar Research X-Plane, but now also includes questions about simulators on mobile devices, combat simulators, and helicopter simulation."

On the 10th of December (tentatively) results will be presented on https://blog.navigraph.com.

Edited by OSM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It is a long survey. You are asked in one question if your flight sim hardware kit includes polarized sunglasses or a leather flying helmet. Nothing wrong with that of course..... 🙂

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 3

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

It is a long survey. You are asked in one question if your flight sim hardware kit includes polarized sunglasses or a leather flying helmet. Nothing wrong with that of course..... 🙂

Sounds like they want to know EVERYTHING

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

One of the questions I like the most is the one right to the point, which simulator do you use most often. Last year the survey additionally asked if you plan to use the upcoming MSFS. Which don't quote me on this but I think was somewhere in the 40 percent-ish range.

It will be interesting to see how that result compares to this year's survey and just how much market share MSFS has pulled from other simulators. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I took the survey as well. Quite a long one. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

Sounds like they want to know EVERYTHING

So true.  I drew the line when they asked me to get the mirror and ruler out.

• Like 4

Paul Skol

Frankly speaking, I've never seen a consumer survey like this one. If you want to discourage the most to reply, you won't do it another way. Not to mention you get only good english respondents. It looks like a sum of different surveys, not to mention long and very long questions.

Don't misunderstood, I promote it to all my network as the result are valuable only if we are numerous to share our sim attitude.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

21 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

Frankly speaking, I've never seen a consumer survey like this one. If you want to discourage the most to reply, you won't do it another way.

I completed it but it is time-consuming and tedious. Thus, I would take the results with a grain of salt. Occasional simmers, including newcomers, which may make a considerable part notably of MSFS users will sure be underrepresented.

I may well end up being the only one who replied considering himself mostly as a gamer.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Yeh way too long and sometimes repetitive. Too many options on some of them - the number of times I hit Strongly Agree was a lot.

1 hour ago, vbazillio said:

Frankly speaking, I've never seen a consumer survey like this one. If you want to discourage the most to reply, you won't do it another way. Not to mention you get only good english respondents. It looks like a sum of different surveys, not to mention long and very long questions.

Don't misunderstood, I promote it to all my network as the result are valuable only if we are numerous to share our sim attitude.

My thoughts exactly... i found myself just drifting off in thought going through it. Way too complicated. Most people won't get through it. I think it took me less time to file my income tax. 

• Like 1

This is very long survey and some questions are just being repeated. 

And what is point asking me how much I earn yearly? It has nothing to do with simming (of course I didn't answer) 

Edited by omarsmak30

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

6 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

This is very long survey and some questions are just being repeated. 

And what is point asking me how much I earn yearly? It has nothing to do with simming (of course I didn't answer) 

As far as I know, repeating questions in surveys is a means to check consistency and believability of the replier. It's done regularly.

The income may be of interest to get an idea of the potential money simmers would be able to spend for flightsim software and hardware. E.g., if the income rises/sinks over previousy years, present user population would have more/less money available for buying stuff than before.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I took the survey also, and I liked it. It's long but I even enjoyed answering all those questions. I think they made the important ones.

Looking forward to the results. 

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Completed, as every year. Hope the results will be published before Christmas.

Thanks to Navigraph and mainly the partners.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers