SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

AIM update do restore services is online:

1) Start AIM and get the update

2) Run Verify Setup

3) Reset SimObject

• Like 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

@Kaiii3 Hi, I was under the impression that "Reset SimObject was automatic?  It's the figure in the bottom tray near "Close".

Thanks

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Just now, sauviat said:

@Kaiii3 Hi, I was under the impression that "Reset SimObject was automatic?  It's the figure in the bottom tray near "Close".

Thanks

Martin

next to the Verify Setup button on the OCI settings page

• Like 1

Yep I see, Thanks.

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

2 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

2) Run Verify Setup

3) Reset SimObject

Sorry Kai, but I am lost... I started AIM and got the update as instructed, "Verify setup" and reset SimObject.

I received several messages during the lengthy loading of AIM to put my OCI files in another location because it was "close to the maximum path", so I went to the AIM UI screen where I could relocate the OCI, choose a simple *E:MSFS Adonis/Tools", selected it, I was told it would take a while, restart AIM, which i did, but then AIM won't reopen anymore , finally it did but then I am pestered with this message telling me to move my OCI file which I would be very happy to do but then I am stuck with the message that won't go away and let me do what I should, this is an S.O.S for me.

Sorry but this is a bit confusing for old minds like mine... Could you kindly clarify?

I must add that, until now, I have been very happy with your excellent add-on that gives life to my sim, a big thank you to all contributors!

Edited by Bernard Ducret

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Just now, Bernard Ducret said:

Sorry Kai, but I am lost... I started AIM and got the update as instructed. Could not find "Verify setup" and consequently did not reset SimObject.

I received several messages during the lengthy loading of AIM to put my OCI files in another location because it was "close to the maximum path", so I went to the AIM UI screen where I could relocate the OCI, choose a simple *E:MSFS Adonis/Tools", selected it, I was told it would take a while, restart AIM, which i did, but then AIM won't reopen anymore and I can't see any transfer process going on either. 

Sorry but this is a bit confusing for old minds like mine... Could you kindly clarify?

I must add that, until now, I have been very happy with your excellent add-on that give life to my sim, a big thank you to all contributors!

please report over at AIG Forum with the Logs, I am sure I can fix that for you^^

Does anyone know if it is normal for AIM to take hours to load? I think it has been 3 hours since I started it and it is still saying 'load OCI Data". It does not seem to have hung but otherwise it is not doing a lot (0.1% cpu, 2,7GB ram, 0MB/s disk)

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

13 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Does anyone know if it is normal for AIM to take hours to load? I think it has been 3 hours since I started it and it is still saying 'load OCI Data". It does not seem to have hung but otherwise it is not doing a lot (0.1% cpu, 2,7GB ram, 0MB/s disk)

Of course it is not normal, it takes about 5 min in my case with all 1280 flightplans installed.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

AIM update do restore services is online:

2) Run Verify Setup

3) Reset SimObject

Is point 3) not automatically included when clicking on "verify setup"? At least the indication "fix OCI SimObject CFG files" is also displayed and it also takes about the same amount of time to run through "within" the "verify setup" run...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Just now, AnkH said:

Is point 3) not automatically included when clicking on "verify setup"? At least the indication "fix OCI SimObject CFG files" is also displayed and it also takes about the same amount of time to run through "within" the "verify setup" run...

not included, you need to run it seperatly. This command will reset the version of each model so it will be "updated" again, this makes sure the cfg files are clear and the fltsims are working fine.

The other option wpould have been to force a model update on all models 😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

It is because you have some incompatible liveries (or mods) in your Community folder.
Using MSFS Addon Linker, disable all your mods and try launching the AI Manager again.
It should take around 5 minutes with all FP installed. 😉

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

4 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

I am sure I can fix that for you^^

Many thanks for your offer to assist, I finally figured how to close AIM using the Windows task manager since I was locked into an endless loop. I then 7 zipped my OCI file from my Community folder into the E:MSFS Add-on/tool new OCI folder, unzipped there, deleted my OCI file in Community, link the new OCI to the Community. Restarting AIM was not an issue anymore, I could update, verify setup and reset SimObject. 

I now started MSFS at Heathrow and had plenty of traffic including 744 and A380. Again, many thanks for a superb add-on!

• Upvote 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

3 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

Same. Endless OCI trying to load. I'm done unfortunately. Too much grief.

4 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Same. Endless OCI trying to load.

if it goes longer than usual, close the program, go to Resources folder, delete the 2 zip files, and delete all the files in the Database folder.

That does it for me.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

if it goes longer than usual, close the program, go to Resources folder, delete the 2 zip files, and delete all the files in the Databases folder.

That does it for me.

OK thanks. One more time. Then that's it.

EDIT. No still stuck on Load OCI data. I'm done until this nonsense is sorted. No disrespect to the devs who have given their time and experience to this but I would be so grateful if they could just issue a simple patch or upgrade. How can it take THIS LONG to read 32GB of files on a SSD drive?

Edited by jarmstro