Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

You wouldn't happen to have a model of the Queen Mary would you?

I loathe that photo-gen thing that's sitting in Long Beach (CA) harbor...

Edited by dobee51

Erwin Welker actually also did a Queen Mary for FSS/P3D which can be converted to a static scenery element. I can ask for a permission. Below screenshot is from P3D from our Classic AI ship package... If MSFS launch a 1950-1960 era we have the ships...

20122606205316112917187757.jpg

20122606163916112917187747.jpg

20061308024016112916851720.jpg

20060704401616112916838198.jpg

20060704403216112916838199.jpg

• Like 2

A nice relaxing video including Global AI Ship Traffic, Mamu designs and Rodrigo Moraes pilotable boats. This is done with the existing version of Global AI Ship Traffic.

• Like 5

When the Injector version comes out will that solve the issues caused by having to many sim oblects in msfs?

James

An update to the bgl based version is ready. I need a few testers - please send a PM. That is only if you want to spend some time today or tomorrow flying as I expect to publish the BGL based update in two days; the Real Time will follow soon.

The new bgl package does have more routes and more ships, but it does not have a lot more traffic - just around 10%. The most important feature is that it is packed with routes organized in regional packages and one big ship base package. There are many new ships, but the full value of these will first come with the Real Time version.

• Like 14

Good morning,  Henrik!  Merry Christmas!  Merry Christmas to all avsim members.

This morning finds me approaching the end of a midnight shift loading the Strategic Entity. 

Chief Makoi of the Strategic Tennactiy posted a Christmas video this morning, 

I worked the Tenancity in April.

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul K said:

I can't think of one Christmas when I wouldn't rather have been at home.

They serve an 8 month contract with their employer,  MT Maritime,  followed by 4 months of rest at home.   When their time is up they either rejoin their current vessel,   or if it's out of range they might be assigned to another MTM vessel.

In the US prior to 9/11,  seafarers were allowed to disembark whenever their captain permitted.  They could even travel moderate distances about the countryside.   There are so many restrictions now that most crewmen never set foot off their ship in the US.   There are exceptions.

I always think about the seafarers the I see.   Hearty bunch of people,  smart,  tough,  with only themselves to rely on.

• Like 1

Release… 😄

The new version of the BGL based Global AI Ship Traffic - GAIST ULTRA V3 has been released today. The first place where you can find it is on flyawaysimulation.com

It does come up at the moment with an old title “600+ ships…” which is a bit misleading as the new version has close to 1800 different ships based on close to 900 unique models… But if you scroll down a bit you will find the right heading Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS - GAIST Ultra Version 3 and a download link 2.1 GB.

600+ AI Ships, Boats & Global Traffic for MSFS (flyawaysimulation.com)

This version includes both new ships and routes, but most importantly it has the routes divided into geographical regions, so that you only need to install the routes for the area where you actually fly. The package has been prepared with the coming real time version in mind, so some additional ships - eg some tugs - are in the package but not put on routes.

Edited by KL791
  • Like 21
  • Upvote 1

Downloading. Thank you!!! 

edit - I love that is is now divided into regions. Brought my install size down to a mere 14GB 😊 

Edited by St Mawgan
  • Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Does this replace the AI ships for Great Lakes? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

3 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Does this replace the AI ships for Great Lakes? 

No, the Lakes are kept separate as long as the altitude bug is not corrected by Asobo.  I will get that added in the description. Thanks for asking.

This has to be the best and most essential addon for MSFS. With one proviso. There are STILL no ships on the river Parrett at Dunball, 😀

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Downloading. Thank you!!! 

edit - I love that is is now divided into regions. Brought my install size down to a mere 14GB 😊 

As most ships - or at least most of the heavier ships - are used across regions it did not make sense to split them - but at least for the 14 GB you get around 1800 ships 😄 It will take a day or two to find them all...

• Like 1

The regions combined comes to less than 20MB so I will keep them all as I don't want to miss any of the long distance vessels. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog