captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

has there been an update yet or is it still a beta release?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Long silence but now some small news....

We are going real time with ship traffic...

22050104593916112917882234.jpg

Together with @Kaiii3 and AIG we have developed and tested the first version of Global AI Ship Traffic with the entire DFDS fleet of 57 passenger and freight ferries appearing real time in the sim. AIS Data and documentation for models have kindly been provided by DFDS. We are still finalizing both on the model side, where I have two more series to complete and on the fine tunning of the injection into the sim, where Kai is working his magic. But already now it looks very good and will bring a new level of realism to the sim, and we have something even more ambitious brewing for the future.

22050104492416112917882183.jpg

Hollandia Seaways docked in Immingham, UK - one of the benefits of the  use of real time traffic will be that it will enable that we will have traffic in harbors.... The bgl based traffic has been really bad for that as ships tended to get stuck or even not showing up.

• Like 33
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Wonderful news Henrik!

Yes, thanks for your hard work and your offer for the community !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Test continuing... Myra Seaways in the Ionian Sea...

22050107312416112917882548.jpg

• Like 7

it is a good question; I can't remember if I saw elevation data anywhere in the data set. 

Wow this is really cool, looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

This is very intriguing and interesting! Looking forward to hearing more about it during the development process.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

44 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

are they still impacted by the elevation issue?

should no longer be the case.

36 minutes ago, KL791 said:

it is a good question; I can't remember if I saw elevation data anywhere in the data set. 

why on earth would altitude be required by AIS^^

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

I installed this addon a couple of days ago, thinking it would probably tank my framerates. Nope! I see no impact. Great addon. Really adds that extra touch of immersion. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, CarlosHenriqueDutra said:

So cool to see real time ship traffic. When will you launch?

when ready 😉

• Like 3

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

12 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

why on earth would altitude be required by AIS^^

Because of water levels not being necessarily on 0 FT, but maybe some ft above, e.g. lakes and rivers? 😉 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Thanks for the many positive reactions to this; we look forward to take the project to the next level 😄

• Like 13