Sign in to follow this  
Steku

How to disable automatic logbook activation?

Any way to prohibit the logbook displaying automatically at the end of flight (when th eengine is switched off)? It ruins the immersion, when you are doing your engine shutdown checklist.

• Like 1

If you park and shut down on a different gate to the one it assigns you it doesn't do this I don't think.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I agree bout this. I also want it to be turned off. 

I don’t know if it’s just me but when at the end of the flight and the log book appears it seems to change the live weather, don’t know if that’s a MFS issue or REX issue. I either have to click on live weather again or stop and start REX to load back in the weather 

Edited by paulwain

Paul Wain

On 11/22/2020 at 1:57 PM, Tom Wright said:

If you park and shut down on a different gate to the one it assigns you it doesn't do this I don't think.

might try this see if it works 

Paul Wain

On 11/22/2020 at 8:57 AM, Tom Wright said:

Not so sure about that.  I fly GA and do not use gates.  Recently I find that if I start on the runway with the engines running I get the automatic log when I shut down.  If I start cold and dark and fly and land and park anywhere the automatic log popup does not appear.   But then my flight is not properly logged either.  Often no departure airport and a landing in the "vicinity of" some other small airport somewhat near my destination.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

8 hours ago, fppilot said:

Not so sure about that.  I fly GA and do not use gates.  Recently I find that if I start on the runway with the engines running I get the automatic log when I shut down.  If I start cold and dark and fly and land and park anywhere the automatic log popup does not appear.   But then my flight is not properly logged either.  Often no departure airport and a landing in the "vicinity of" some other small airport somewhat near my destination.

Hmm yeah it used to work I'm pretty sure, but not in more recent updates. I'm getting similar issues now, for me it seems to log landings but never takeoffs.

Edited by Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Posted Nov 22nd.  Safe to say we're stuck with this feature...

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I couldn’t care less for the logbook. Stop throwing it in my face. Turn that thing off asobo

• Like 3

Lukas Dalton

Just another example of the obvious failure to make a software for both the arcade and the simulation fraction of us flightsimmers...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

32 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Just another example of the obvious failure to make a software for both the arcade and the simulation fraction of us flightsimmers...

they need to learn to stop forcing stuff on users. make it an option. first we had the tooltips that couldnt be turned off. now that stupid logbook that pauses my sim for no reason. whats next

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Lukas Dalton

voted for disableing the stupid braindead immersionkiller !

...what about the non functional option to disable the menue animations (white menue indicator top center screen while mouse moving), is there also something to vote ?

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

5 hours ago, bumpywindshear said:

voted for disableing the stupid braindead immersionkiller !

...what about the non functional option to disable the menue animations (white menue indicator top center screen while mouse moving), is there also something to vote ?

To remove that tool bar when the mouse moves, check out https://github.com/kaosfere/msfs-toolbar-nohandle

You can still bring up the toolbar items by manually moving the mouse to the top center of the screen, but it will no longer just pop up on it's own from simply having the mouse move.

• Like 1

James

I have the no handle mod it works perfectly.

Whilst I do not see how a log book that every real life pilot needs to fill out every flight is an "immersion killer" - we definitely need more control over the log book. Even something as simple as testing a broken mod plane over and over needs you to go into dev mode to stop every take off being logged. Meanwhile other perfectly fine flights seem to be ignored.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick