Sign in to follow this  
jurgenmitch1947

MSFS 2020

I had a problem with my pc and  I need to uninstall MSFS 2020 but it won't uninstall it won't do any of the following, Terminate, Repair, Reset. So I'm unable to get onto the sim. Any advice please.

See if you can uninstall it from the MS store, not sure you can.

Need more info - what is/was wrong with your PC?  Are you getting any sort of error when you try uninstall or repair? Can you reinstall it over the old one?

Some more info please.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

41 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

See if you can uninstall it from the MS store, not sure you can.

Need more info - what is/was wrong with your PC?  Are you getting any sort of error when you try uninstall or repair? Can you reinstall it over the old one?

Some more info please.

Vic

Don't get any errors after selecting Uninstall just does nothing, each time I try to re-download it says that it's installed,so I'm currently stuck as where to from here.

Are you accessing the MS Store app on your PC, or the online version of the MS store via your browser?

I find the online version to be the authoritative way to do these things... the app can get its knickers in a knot.. 😉

Also try:  Windows/Settings/Apps/Microsoft Flight Simulator

Highlight and Uninstall

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

How are you trying to uninstall?

Open the start key (lower left hand) and right click Flight Simulator. Click on the uninstall option. 

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

10 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Are you accessing the MS Store app on your PC, or the online version of the MS store via your browser?

I find the online version to be the authoritative way to do these things... the app can get its knickers in a knot.. 😉

Also try:  Windows/Settings/Apps/Microsoft Flight Simulator

Highlight and Uninstall

Where do I locate your suggestion Bert please.

49 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

How are you trying to uninstall?

Open the start key (lower left hand) and right click Flight Simulator. Click on the uninstall option. 

By the way app on my pc MSFS version is not the steam version by the way.

Edited by jurgenmitch1947

So, if you go to the start menu, select MS Flight Simulator, right click and select uninstall - it does nothing? No message, no errors?

At that point I might try a program like REVO Uninstaller or others that are dedicated uninstall programs.

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

So, if you go to the start menu, select MS Flight Simulator, right click and select uninstall - it does nothing? No message, no errors?

At that point I might try a program like REVO Uninstaller or others that are dedicated uninstall programs.

Doing what you suggested does nothing, No error message whatsoever, I thought that it could only be uninstalled via the app but I'll try Revo thank you for the info

Well, revo is a brute force method but it appears the normal methods do not work. 

BTW, what happens when you try to run MSFS?

Lots of good information here:  Download & Installation issues: Windows Store troubleshooting – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

I had a similar problem (stuck in a continuous loop and could not uninstall).

The information towards the bottom of the above file with regards to resetting the Microsoft store account and cleaning out the store cache fixed it for me.

Hope this helps.

Mick

Hi 

Not sure if this will help as the above advice is good. In my case when I had this problem I deleted all the old files in the Appdata/Packages/MicrosoftFlight....(etc)/Community and other directories then it reinstalled ok.

Regards 

Ray

iObit uninstaller (the freeware version) will uninstall programs much deeper than Windows Control Panel. It will take away all the traces in the registry that Windows uninstaller leaves behind. I have used this freeware program for a decade now. Works great.

https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

14 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Well, revo is a brute force method but it appears the normal methods do not work. 

BTW, what happens when you try to run MSFS?

Nothing at all, also downloaded  Revo, run it but it doesn't show MSFS in the listings so I tried to reinstall it and that hasn't worked either.

Just an update guys, I've looked in the windows app and it's now showing MSFS (the game) but not the digital bit so I'm (allegedly) downing loading it so we'll see what happens.

P.S. thanks for all your suggestions by the way.