Sign in to follow this  
sauviat

Has anyone ported over from FSX a Prop plane?

I have followed all the advice to portover a prop plane from FSX, but cannot get the props to turn!

I have used MSFS Legacy Importer, built both the layout and manifest json. In MSFS I have set to Legacy - FSX and Developer mod is on.

What's, Missing?

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Yes I have the Real Air Duke Flying in FS2020 with most of the gauges and functions working (no GPS or radios). It took a fair bit of work but it flies great.

Edited by z06z33
  • Like 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

@z06z33This is the C47 and it is just the props I want to work just now. I flown it and it's very stable, but just odd that the props let it down. How did you get the props to spin?

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

6 hours ago, z06z33 said:

Yes I have the Real Air Duke Flying in FS2020 with most of the gauges and functions working (no GPS or radios). It took a fair bit of work but it flies great.

Can you tell us how you did that please.

• Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

8 hours ago, z06z33 said:

No radios. No GPs. What works? Can you post some pics.

I'm also interested in what Robert Young has to say about porting his airplane.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Well the props work on this DC3, but none of the dial gauges work. The control gauges (levers, pedals, etc all work). The plane flies and lands nice. It was described as a port of the Microsoft FSX DC3, not a mod of anybody else's work.

Maybe there is some file in this package which shows how to make the prop work in your plane, who knows?

https://dl-file.com/lej225j8ygv0/asobo_douglas_dc3-.zip.html

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

No radios. No GPs. What works? Can you post some pics.

I'm also interested in what Robert Young has to say about porting his airplane.

Provided he paid for it in the first place, and does the conversion for his own private use, good luck to him. But personally I wouldn't do it unless everything worked, which it doesn't.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Robert, your Duke is literally the only plane I think of when flying MSFS, wishing I was in that cockpit. I would pay serious money for a compatible version. No way to convince you?

6 hours ago, robert young said:

Provided he paid for it in the first place, and does the conversion for his own private use, good luck to him. But personally I wouldn't do it unless everything worked, which it doesn't.

I have zero desire to see a classic be reduced to a model when I can load my fully loaded P3D v4.5, at a TrueEarth scenery/airport, with Active Sky & Skyforce and get the same feeling I get in MSFS. Plus, I have a fully working GTN 750, AP, and flight model. Would I love to see a fully working Turbine Duke in MSFS, hell yeah! But, I know that it's only in my dreams.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 hours ago, Vlooi said:

Robert, your Duke is literally the only plane I think of when flying MSFS, wishing I was in that cockpit. I would pay serious money for a compatible version. No way to convince you?

It's out of my hands I'm afraid. I miss it too.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

The P51 from FSX Acceleration ports across very well, including instruments.

Edited by smoothchat
  • Like 1

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.