Sign in to follow this  
captain420

This is why I can't go back to P3D

28 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

The trouble is Rob, and I can't speak for Jose, but there is nowhere else to go for me.  I only want MSFS, but I get really down when things keep getting broken at every update.

So yes, I have moaned and 'whinged', and I have seen it upsets some people, as they seem to think it may affect the developers or put them off, but after a number poor updates, I am starting to get frustrated. 

If they could just tidy it up a bit, maybe even put us back to where we were before the last update, I could get back to enjoying it again.  Still, I hold out hope for the update on the 23rd.  Seems a long way away at the moment! 

I hear you and I know how you feel. But that isn't going to change the fact that we have another 6 months to a year before things really get ironed out. And even then it will still have issues. Really it comes down to this. Is this going to be a really frustrating experience for the next 6 to 12 months? If so, do you REALLY want to go there? I downloaded Star Citizen and have been messing with that. Last week I was screwing around with Crysis. There are diversions you can use that help pass the time. You can also dive into other aspects of MSFS. I am spending more time with ILS to help improve my knowledge. 

I am really not criticizing DJ Jose or you. When I get frustrated with a game or sim, I find something else to mess around with. For my sanity!  

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

25 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'm going to sound like a famous president.

"I'm the least negative person on earth." 😀

Well, you are the life of the party. 🙂

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

4 hours ago, RobJC said:

I hear you and I know how you feel. But that isn't going to change the fact that we have another 6 months to a year before things really get ironed out. And even then it will still have issues. Really it comes down to this. Is this going to be a really frustrating experience for the next 6 to 12 months? If so, do you REALLY want to go there? I downloaded Star Citizen and have been messing with that. Last week I was screwing around with Crysis. There are diversions you can use that help pass the time. You can also dive into other aspects of MSFS. I am spending more time with ILS to help improve my knowledge. 

I am really not criticizing DJ Jose or you. When I get frustrated with a game or sim, I find something else to mess around with. For my sanity!  

Or come trucking in Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator! 😆 Been playing those whenever I don't feel like flying or when frustrated while waiting for them updates and I've been playing ETS2 on and off since 2013! (just got ATS this year so plenty of driving still to be had) Just plenty of fun and very relaxing to pass the time with. 😉 (though of course you won't be getting off the ground in those if flying is what you fancy 🤣)

• Like 4

Steven

Intel i7 950, Gigabyte GTX 960 2GB G1 Gaming Edition Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC 6GB, 12GB RAM, HDD SSD

ATS/ETS2 getting a major lighting engine overhaul in the upcoming 1.40! Looks amazingly real! Can't wait for it.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

@captain420 Yeah that lighting overhaul looks absolutely stunning! I was just thinking that it's about time to update the lighting system after they released 1.39 and voila! 😆 Really awesome news for ETS2 and ATS.

Edited by Honnli
  • Like 1

Steven

Intel i7 950, Gigabyte GTX 960 2GB G1 Gaming Edition Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC 6GB, 12GB RAM, HDD SSD

On 12/1/2020 at 7:44 AM, omarsmak30 said:

get ready for P3D folks telling you MSFS is all about eye candy and P3D is the real thing with its Minecraft graphic 😏

strip P3d with addons, reminds me of fs2004 

26 minutes ago, Elwyn said:

strip P3d with addons, reminds me of fs2004 

Why would you strip P3D from addons if you have them ? 
And if you have then you might as well use them, don’t you think ?

Although the MSFS scenery looks very good on my pc also P3D doesn’t look that bad either :

Amsterdam%20overview%202%20-%20full%20+%

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I don't understand these threads. Thats also why I stay away from here.

Some here are very reasonable and deal with the facts. (MSFS great visuals, P3D great aircraft addons etc).

I also have both installed, but for what I want (simulating tube flying) P3D is still King of the hill, by miles.

And regarding the visuals: If you hand the screenshots in the first post to average joe, he won't be able to tell you which is MSFS and which P3D, because they look both great 😉

And @GSalden post shows again that P3D is not that aweful.

TLDR: Stop the hate and enjoy all plattforms for what they can do best.

• Upvote 1

I'm happy not having bought MSFS until now, so I have no joice but to use P3D5. It's hard to see addons beeing released mainly for MSFS but on the other hand, we had a good time for addons for P3D the last years. I have so many and what do I need more? I even install more freeware actually, since I'm discovering Indonesia, where lots of places are not made by the addon producers.

When I check new files on Avsim, I wonder how much AI for FS2004 is still published. The hitlist for the last day, month and year is dominated by AI Files for the old sims, FS9, FSX, P3D4. This indicates, what MSFS lacks maybe. It looks so perfect, one can hardly create stuff yourself. The old sims are just like your construction toys of the childhood like LEGO. People like to be creative. 

There is much less to create in MSFS at the moment. I created aircraft myself in the first years of flight simulation but realized, it became too complex for one person to create a complete plane. I still have a real life and did not get deep into commercial addons. 

I'm still looking at MSFS and wait for positive news, like full seasons, great flight models, stable platform without stutters ... all what they promised long before release. I'm especially hoping there will be better texturing of the autogen buildings one day and bridges, instead of a sat-pic of it going down the valley. That's a point P3D looks better with respective addons.

Maybe it's good a lot of people rushed in buying MSFS not like me waiting sceptically. This give MSFS the chance to stay alive unlike MS Flight. But still, I don't trust MS after the end of FSX. I have been with them from FS4 (1989) and till FSX (2006).

Dan

• Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

8 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

I'm happy not having bought MSFS until now, so I have no joice but to use P3D5. It's hard to see addons beeing released mainly for MSFS but on the other hand, we had a good time for addons for P3D the last years. I have so many and what do I need more? I even install more freeware actually, since I'm discovering Indonesia, where lots of places are not made by the addon producers.

When I check new files on Avsim, I wonder how much AI for FS2004 is still published. The hitlist for the last day, month and year is dominated by AI Files for the old sims, FS9, FSX, P3D4. This indicates, what MSFS lacks maybe. It looks so perfect, one can hardly create stuff yourself. The old sims are just like your construction toys of the childhood like LEGO. People like to be creative. 

There is much less to create in MSFS at the moment. I created aircraft myself in the first years of flight simulation but realized, it became too complex for one person to create a complete plane. I still have a real life and did not get deep into commercial addons. 

I'm still looking at MSFS and wait for positive news, like full seasons, great flight models, stable platform without stutters ... all what they promised long before release. I'm especially hoping there will be better texturing of the autogen buildings one day and bridges, instead of a sat-pic of it going down the valley. That's a point P3D looks better with respective addons.

Maybe it's good a lot of people rushed in buying MSFS not like me waiting sceptically. This give MSFS the chance to stay alive unlike MS Flight. But still, I don't trust MS after the end of FSX. I have been with them from FS4 (1989) and till FSX (2006).

Dan

Go check out the FS2020Creation reddit, there are a ton of community developed addons.  Most are anywhere from good to great, some are so-so.  Regardless I was surprised TBH at the level of involvement given that we are only 3 months in.  That being said, the patches that break more than they fix is especially discouraging.  I continue to be optimistic because this sim is the future and as previously said is bringing in droves of new users which no sim has managed to do on its own.  Sure we've always gained folks but this level of demand for peripherals speaks volumes about the draw MSFS2020 has had.  More users=more software.  I couldn't begin to factor software quality into that equation but im keeping my hopes up that these folks who've made something so amazing can get this patching concept straight.

1 hour ago, swiesma said:

I don't understand these threads. Thats also why I stay away from here.

But, you’re here? 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, badgenes said:

Go check out the FS2020Creation reddit, there are a ton of community developed addons

I did so and got pretty confused. A lot of wishes and unfinished projects. 

I forgot to mention, my greatest hope regarding MSFS was, I get everything out of one hand, working perfectly together. The corrective addons are already countless. If I'd start today, I had to add so many things, I would not fly a minute. 

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

I have made the decision not to install P3D v5.1xx HF what ever. For me it was a big decision but an easy one at the same time. If you know my name on these forums you  know I have flown nothing but the FSL A320 for the past 2-3 year, countless hours. Bought just about every PMDG and every other addon aircraft you can think of and the huge list of addons needed to make P3D shine.

Gerard post a nice screen shot of Orbx TE and P3D looks great, but go look at his posts at the clouds in P3Dv5 and the orange dawn lighting, also he himself post horrible screenshot of the grid clouds that look just terrible. I waited to see what 5.1 would be like only to see it need a HF the second it came out and still after it(2 weeks later), it is far from right. 

So I asked myself do I want to install P3Dv5.1 then AS that is now another £40 to work with 5.1, ProATC, REX EF( if that works) Orbx global/OLC etc. Countless airport because the default still stick out like sore thumbs and to me are unusable. Do I want to do all that to fly FSL and PMDG NGu. Then the second I look out the VC see a now very dated looking sim, better get to FL360 asap and that's also why I never like GA as flying low and slow was so unrealistic. TE is the best that P3D can bring but I think Orbx have now stopped making them. Even then its just small areas.

So MSFS for me is the future. The biggest problem for me is there damned if they do and their damned if you don't. Night lighting,AP etc, "we want changers and we want them now" they try and what to they get back? Don't like the changers and now we have to wait another 3-4 weeks boo hoo.

It seems people on here have forgot how long it is normal to see a update. So if they now switch to the next one  being 3 months away and tested before they release, people will start saying they don't care anymore, where did the monthly updates go and say there giving up all they care about is the xbox......grow up.

Like I say, damned if they do and their damned if you don't. So I simple look at it like this P3Dv5.1 HF 1 still is in a very disappointed state. P3D has had 10 years development MSFS has at 3 months.

Please think and put were MSFS is in perspective. 95% it's got stunning weather and scenery and V3 turbo/TBM and the Cj4 are wonderful. I still get live weather fine and always have but then I don't mess with setting or weather or time of day. MSFS is wonderful, does it need some fix's? sure it does. I will remind you again its 3 months old not 10 years. Are Asbo making mistake, ofc they are but imo there trying also to give everyone what they want and sadly that's impossible, night lighting is the perfect example, "i want it like this" next reply " I want it like this" it's to dark...it's to bright.......I feel sorry for them. 

Also, people like myself can burn out, If I find am hunting for a new airport or something new almost daily I know am getting burned out. So I installed DCS and now learning the new A10C II, am taking a break. It's amazing what a few weeks break can do. Then I know MSFS will be all glowing and wonderful again. The glass will be half full again not half empty. DCS took 1 hour to install the thought of spending 2 nights installing P3D! no!, time to move on for me. Thanks P3D/FSL/PMDG/AS/Orbx etc it was wonderful. Hope to enjoy FSL & PMDG again within MSFS even if it take 2 years. How amazing will MSFS be after 2 years of updates? we will see!

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 9

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I have made the decision not to install P3D v5.1xx HF what ever. For me it was a big decision but an easy one at the same time. If you know my name on these forums you  know I have flown nothing but the FSL A320 for the past 2-3 year, countless hours. Bought just about every PMDG and every other addon aircraft you can think of and the huge list of addons needed to make P3D shine.

Gerard post a nice screen shot of Orbx TE and P3D looks great, but go look at his posts at the clouds in P3Dv5 and the orange dawn lighting, also he himself post horrible screenshot of the grid clouds that look just terrible. I waited to see that 5.1 would be like only to see it need a HF the second it came out and still after it(2 weeks later), it is far from right. 

So I asked myself do I want to install P3Dv5.1 then AS that is now another £40 to work with 5.1, ProATC, REX EF( if that works) Orbx global/OLC etc. Countless airport because the default still stick out like sore thumbs and to me are unusable. Do I want to do all that to fly FSL and PMDG NGu. Then the second I look out the VC see a now very dated looking sim, better get to FL360 asap and that's also why I never like GA as flying low and slow was so unrealistic. TE is the best that P3D can bring but I think Orbx have now stopped making them. Even then its just small areas.

So MSFS for me is the future. The biggest problem for me is there damned if they do and there damned if they don't. Night lighting,AP etc, "we want changers and we want them now" they try and what to they get back? Don't like the changers and now we have to wait another 3-4 weeks boo hoo.

It seems people on here have forgot how long it is normal to see a update. So if they now switch to the next one  being 3 months away and tested before they release, people will start saying they don't care anymore, where did the monthly updates go and say there giving up all they care about is the xbox......grow up.

Like I say, damned if they do and there damned if they don't. So I simple look at it like this P3Dv5.1 HF 1 still is in a very disappointed state. P3D has had 10 years development MSFS has at 3 months.

Please think and put were MSFS is in perspective. 95% it's got stunning weather and scenery and V3 turbo/TBM and the Cj4 are wonderful. I still get live weather fine and always have but then I don't mess with setting or weather or time of day. MSFS is wonderful, does it need some fix's? sure it does. I will remind you again its 3 months old not 10 years. Are Asbo making mistake, ofc they are but imo there trying also to give everyone what they want and sadly that's impossible, night lighting is the perfect example, "i want it like this" next reply " I want it like this" it's to dark...it's to bright.......I feel sorry for them. 

Also, people like myself can burn out, If I find am hunting for a new airport or something new almost daily I know am getting burned out. So I installed DCS and now learning the new A10C II, am taking a break. It's amazing what a few weeks break can do. Then I know MSFS will be all glowing and wonderful again. The glass will be half full again not half empty. DCS took 1 hour to install the thought of spending 2 nights installing P3D! no!, time to move on for me. Thanks P3D/FSL/PMDG/AS/Orbx etc it was wonderful. Hope to enjoy FSL & PMDG again within MSFS even if it take 2 years. How amazing will MSFS be after 2 years of updates? we will see!

What he said.  I've been spending a bit more time woodworking having been through alpha since January I'm getting a bit burned out myself.  Asobo will get heat from the same folks pretty much all the time.  I hope they cut the highs and the lows and just pay attention to the mids (my least favorite spectrum band in regard to music. yes i wasted words on that that word alone is like nails on a chalkboard) because that's where the real information is (unlike music lol. well your six strings are there usually but who cares).  

Great idea, I been meaning to grab A10 II but since I missed it when it was 9.99 for owners I've been refusing childishly.  Definitely should be interesting to see what upgrades the platform has (stopped reading when I learned I lost $10).  I don't think I'll stay away TBH but a distraction is a good idea.  Gee, why can't we all just get along?  

Edited by badgenes
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

Why would you strip P3D from addons if you have them ? 
And if you have then you might as well use them, don’t you think ?

Although the MSFS scenery looks very good on my pc also P3D doesn’t look that bad either :

Amsterdam%20overview%202%20-%20full%20+%

That looks like your pics for P3D v4.5 with your beloved PTA preset. Glad to see you finally have some nice visuals with P3D v5.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.