Sign in to follow this  
captain420

This is why I can't go back to P3D

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I have made the decision not to install P3D v5.1xx HF what ever. For me it was a big decision but an easy one at the same time. If you know my name on these forums you  know I have flown nothing but the FSL A320 for the past 2-3 year, countless hours. Bought just about every PMDG and every other addon aircraft you can think of and the huge list of addons needed to make P3D shine.

Gerard post a nice screen shot of Orbx TE and P3D looks great, but go look at his posts at the clouds in P3Dv5 and the orange dawn lighting, also he himself post horrible screenshot of the grid clouds that look just terrible. I waited to see that 5.1 would be like only to see it need a HF the second it came out and still after it(2 weeks later), it is far from right. 

So I asked myself do I want to install P3Dv5.1 then AS that is now another £40 to work with 5.1, ProATC, REX EF( if that works) Orbx global/OLC etc. Countless airport because the default still stick out like sore thumbs and to me are unusable. Do I want to do all that to fly FSL and PMDG NGu. Then the second I look out the VC see a now very dated looking sim, better get to FL360 asap and that's also why I never like GA as flying low and slow was so unrealistic. TE is the best that P3D can bring but I think Orbx have now stopped making them. Even then its just small areas.

So MSFS for me is the future. The biggest problem for me is there damned if they do and there damned if they don't. Night lighting,AP etc, "we want changers and we want them now" they try and what to they get back? Don't like the changers and now we have to wait another 3-4 weeks boo hoo.

It seems people on here have forgot how long it is normal to see a update. So if they now switch to the next one  being 3 months away and tested before they release, people will start saying they don't care anymore, where did the monthly updates go and say there giving up all they care about is the xbox......grow up.

Like I say, damned if they do and there damned if they don't. So I simple look at it like this P3Dv5.1 HF 1 still is in a very disappointed state. P3D has had 10 years development MSFS has at 3 months.

Please think and put were MSFS is in perspective. 95% it's got stunning weather and scenery and V3 turbo/TBM and the Cj4 are wonderful. I still get live weather fine and always have but then I don't mess with setting or weather or time of day. MSFS is wonderful, does it need some fix's? sure it does. I will remind you again its 3 months old not 10 years. Are Asbo making mistake, ofc they are but imo there trying also to give everyone what they want and sadly that's impossible, night lighting is the perfect example, "i want it like this" next reply " I want it like this" it's to dark...it's to bright.......I feel sorry for them. 

Also, people like myself can burn out, If I find am hunting for a new airport or something new almost daily I know am getting burned out. So I installed DCS and now learning the new A10C II, am taking a break. It's amazing what a few weeks break can do. Then I know MSFS will be all glowing and wonderful again. The glass will be half full again not half empty. DCS took 1 hour to install the thought of spending 2 nights installing P3D! no!, time to move on for me. Thanks P3D/FSL/PMDG/AS/Orbx etc it was wonderful. Hope to enjoy FSL & PMDG again within MSFS even if it take 2 years. How amazing will MSFS be after 2 years of updates? we will see!

Nice post David.

There's so much for me to explore in MSFS that I just don't see myself ever getting bored. The frustration or plead for help is because after flying with a working sim that looks amazing and spending $$$ on airports, updates are released that ruin my sim experience. They are much better off issuing hot fixes for the few minor things that they brake, and then doing major updates every 3 or even 6 months with, once again, hot fixes for whatever they break.

This is not negative or a complaint. I, like many here, just want a working sim that is not regressed by updates. So far they have not fulfilled what they promised. I thought that they were going to spend the next ten years adding cities, airports, airplanes, missions, etc, not fixing what they break in what is already an excellent sim.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

31 minutes ago, DJJose said:

That looks like your pics for P3D v4.5 with your beloved PTA preset. Glad to see you finally have some nice visuals with P3D v5.

Exactly, but with better looking clouds,

As I have only a cockpit view onto the clouds and not a spotplane view I do not see any grid.

But others using spotplane view suffer from it. 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

22 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Nice post David.

There's so much for me to explore in MSFS that I just don't see myself ever getting bored. The frustration or plead for help is because after flying with a working sim that looks amazing and spending $$$ on airports, updates are released that ruin my sim experience. They are much better off issuing hot fixes for the few minor things that they brake, and then doing major updates every 3 or even 6 months with, once again, hot fixes for whatever they break.

This is not negative or a complaint. I, like many here, just want a working sim that is not regressed by updates. So far they have not fulfilled what they promised. I thought that they were going to spend the next ten years adding cities, airports, airplanes, missions, etc, not fixing what they break in what is already an excellent sim.

I bet there just as frustrated DJ, Like I said there trying to hard to please everyone. They just need to take a step back. Start what they said and do beta testing and move forward. Am sure it will come DJ.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I couldn't go back to P3D, even if I wanted to, because I wiped it off my harddrive as soon as MSFS was released. I have no idea where all the relevant details like serial number, emails etc,. are reside. 

Each time I feel a pang of nostalgia, I hear the sucking sound of addon developers emptying my pockets.

People, we used to pay extra for raindrops, houses, trees, clouds, and bird sounds. 

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Exactly, but with better looking clouds,

As I have only a cockpit view onto the clouds and not a spotplane view I do not see any grid.

But others using spotplane view suffer from it. 

I wonder if SkyForce will ever be updated to take advantage of EA and TCBs. Just a thought because in P3D v4.5 the clouds looked awesome.

But it came at a price. ASP + SkyForce +PTA. Not cheap.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I wonder if SkyForce will ever be updated to take advantage of EA and TCBs. Just a thought because in P3D v4.5 the clouds looked awesome.

But it came at a price. ASP + SkyForce +PTA. Not cheap.

As far as I know Simul uses it’s own cloudstructures made by their CloudRenderer. Also they use their own textures.

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On 12/1/2020 at 2:40 AM, F737NG said:

- VFR in MSFS is miles ahead of XP or P3D
- XP has the best aircraft handling
- P3D has the best 3PD aircraft

What a base sim needs to do is provide a solid... base. Meaning good general scenery, weather and flight model.

Aircraft systems and handling will be taken care of by 3PDs.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

As i have previously stated elsewhere...

If i can iron out my controller sensitivity issues I am MSFS all the way...I have a fortune invested in Prepar3d but at some point we do have to go back and start again with a 21st century sim which can only mature...

Dave

MSFS works pretty well for me. My biggest gripe is the lack of inventory to upgrade my GPU. It limits where i can really fly. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

P3D is a money pit if you ask me.

• Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

28 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

P3D is a money pit if you ask me.

Nah, flight simming is a money pit. It’s like fast cars. 

I see the current state of MSFS as perhaps being similar to the world’s current problem of deciding who should get the vaccine first. Instead of attempting to correct the whole slate of issues all at once, and ending up where we are now -  fix something while simultaneously breaking something else - would it be better to focus on one segment at a time?  -  flight-modeling, scenery, panel ops - get that segment functioning at a level that makes most people happy and then move on to another category? Or maybe that’s not feasible since everything is interconnected. 

Intel i7-11700K@3.60 GHZ. 32 GB RTX 4070 Ti OC

That's what makes the world go around - "Money Pits" and no software is perfect, never has been and never will be. - Choices.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

3 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Nah, flight simming is a money pit

Not in my wallet it isn't. Some have spent more $$$$$ in P3D compared to what I have in years of simming.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Hi,a few weeks ago, I made a flight to Sedona with the MSFS. One year ago I made the same flight in P3D to Sedona.

And it wasn´t planned but I made pictures at the same spot.

The thing is, you looking now extra payed scenery on the right versus standard on the left 😉

Vergleich-msfs-p3d-1.JPG

Vergleich-msfs-p3d-3.JPG

Vergleich-msfs-p3d-5.JPG

Vergleich-msfs-p3d-6.JPG

• Like 3

Stephan from Germany

My System